Saturday, January 24, 2015

Birchbox 2015 Review - Let's Do This

My Birchbox for January has arrived! I am always looking forward to my Birchbox every month, and find a lot of products that I love. Birchbox is a beauty sample subscription box with five samples every month that cater to your beauty profile for $10. It is a great value, because each box tends to be worth over $30 of upscale beauty products.


This month's box is so festive. It looks like it is my birthday. I like the classic brown box, but the decorated one's are just that much more exciting. I can't wait to see what is inside.


This month's theme is Let's Do This! This is the perfect theme for January, because everyone is starting new and trying new things. My New Years Resolution is to drink more water, but I can add try new beauty products to that list. Why not!?


Manna Kadar Lip Locked in All of Me

$24.00 - 1.2 oz     

I am not a fan of lip glosses, but this lip gloss stain leaves a matte moisturized look. I wouldn't normally pick this color out on my own, because my skin tone doesn't like purples or mauves, but I love this color so much. The new year is all about starting fresh and trying new things, and this new lip gloss stain will be a fun small way to do just that. Unfortunately, this is a super small sample. Not really getting my money's worth. 



$19.00 - 8 oz        

This pepperminty, woodsy scent smells so good, but it could almost be too masculine. I am all about using products to wake up, because I have been lacking in the beauty sleep lately. The peppermint definitely does the trick. The formula is really light, so I'll be storing this away for the less dry months. I choose this as my pick for the month, and am mostly happy with my decision. 


Harvey Prince Hello Liquid Loofah Exfoliating Shower Gel

$22.00 - 12 oz            

This is my third item Birchbox has sent me from this brand, and this is my least favorite of the three. Originally, Hello is a perfume, which I love! The body wash, on the other hand, is not my favorite. I don't like that the scent is as hard as the perfume, and it feels like I am drenching my body with the scent. Also, I didn't love that the body wash didn't have a lot of suds and left my skin a little dry. I will use up the sample eventually, but I won't be purchasing this in the future.


Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45+

$39.00 - 1.5 fl oz            

This again is a brand that Birchbox has sent me before. For being a beauty balm, this didn't really moisturize my skin. Also, the tinted concealer didn't really conceal. For being a moisturizing concealer, it didn't really meet either of the criteria. I am really bummed with this product, because I love skincare, and would love to find a new product that I love.


Number 4 Non-Aerosol Hairspray

$30.00 - 200 ml          

I am a little disappointing that I received another sample of hairspray, because I rarely use it. That being said, I did like this product. It smells great (not like your normal hairspray) and it my curled hair stayed in place without making it crispy. Plus, the light formula doesn't contain aerosols, which are terrible for our environment. I can definitely use this as a travel hairspray, because it is the perfect size.


My last January box was my least favorite and this month's box is definitely my second least favorite. I am not overjoyed with any of these products, but I guess I will at least use them all. I estimate this box to be worth $14.39, which is a little disappointing. Some of my Birchbox's have been worth over $40, so this month seems like a gip. Next month is my birthday month, so Birchbox better step it up for me. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month, you can receive high end beauty products delivered to your door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment