Thursday, March 26, 2015

Birchbox March 2015 Review - Creativity

Birchbox is my favorite subscription box, so I always look forward to it every month. I find the most items that become everyday basics, and the value is always great. For $10 a month, Birchbox delivers at least five samples of beauty items curated to your profile. I can't wait to see what this month offers. 


The box is normally just a light brown cardboard, but this month is super special. I think this is the cutest box I have ever seen. I like the greens with the pink and the mix of prints. I especially like the green for March, because it goes so well with St Patrick's Day. I am going to leave this out on my dresser for months to come. 


The theme for the month is Creativity. The season is changing once again, and what better time to mix things up a little. This month is all about being different and trying new ways to wear the same old things. The box is already super creative, I hope the items inside will be fun and new ways to can change up my look. 


Cargo Swimmables Water Resistant Blush in Los Cabos

$26.00 - 0.37 oz     

This is the first item I pulled from this month's box, and I am already in love. I am always looking for a great blush, and I think that I just found it. This peachy pink goes perfectly with my complexion, and it blends into my temples so well. It is also waterproof, which is another plus, but I don't know how much I will be out in the rain and requiring this addition. This is a sample size, but its a jumbo sample. This will last forever. 


Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo

$32.00 - 8.5 oz      

This is one of the best smelling shampoos I have ever smelled. Good smelling shampoo makes the entire day better. I was really hoping that it would love everything else about this shampoo, but I am not entirely impressed. I had to use a lot of shampoo, because it didn't sud up that well. On the other hand, my hair felt really clean afterwards. When dry, I couldn't really smell the yummy fragrance anymore, and my hair didn't feel as soft as normal. I like this sample, but I won't be purchasing the full size product.   


Number 4 Reconstructing Masque

$58.00 - 5.1 oz     

Again, I love how this smells! It is so yummy. This masque works like conditioner, and I loved the creamy formula. I left it in my hair for a couple minutes and let it do it's magic. Unfortunately, this didn't leave my hair as moisturized and as soft as I would like. For such a nice brand, this wasn't my favorite masque. I definitely liked it enough to use it again, but not enough to pay the full price. Also, I am not a fan of the foil sample. This at least feels like an extra, because there are six samples in the box. 


Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream

$45.00 - 0.5 fl oz      

I am a huge fan of all eye and face creams. I love having a great complexion, because then I can wear less makeup. Supergoop! is such an awesome brand, and they really care about your skin. I've been using this for a few days now, and haven't really noticed any big difference, but I know that these take a while to work. It is a tiny sample, but you don't have to use a lot each time, so I think this will last me a while. I love the added SPF and the pure ingredients. I may have to purchase the fill size item when I'm out. 


Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse

$19.17 - 6.3 oz        

I used to use mousse all the time growing up. I have super limp hair, and mousse promises to lift and volumize. This one has an added thickening and strengthening formula. I like how this smells, and I also think it does the job. My hair looked more volumized and thicker, but I didn't like how it was crunchy and felt full of product. I will use this when my hair needs a little lift, but I am not going to purchase the full size when this is out.  


Mirenesse Glossy Kiss in Angel Kiss

$22.00 - 3 g          

I've received this brand before in another lip color, and while I changed my mind about the brand being a lot nicer than I originally though, I am not too happy with this particular color. This product allows you to use it as a glossy color or a matte tint. I love matte lips, so this is great for me. On the other hand, this color reminds me of my mother, which is a little too old for me. I could see myself using this every once in a while, but I have too many lip colors, so I won't grab this one instantly. 


This box was full of complete hits and nearly misses. I am all about that blush and eye cream, but I wish the rest of the items were a little different. There were a lot of deluxe sample sized items in this month't box. I prefer all full size, of course, but I know that these brands are a little nicer, so full size isn't always an option. I estimate this box to be worth $37.23. I only spent $10 on this box and get back $6 in reward point to use at their shop, so this box is more than worth it.   


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. You will get an extra 100 points which is good for $10 in the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment