Friday, March 13, 2015

Love With Food April 2014 - Derby Days

This is my second Love with Food box and it is just in time, because I am in need for some smart snacks. Love with Food is a monthly subscription box that sends you a box full of snacks around the theme of the month for as little as $10 per box.


This month's box is Derby Days which is perfect for the month of April, because this kicks off the horse derby season and the triple crown. I also went to my local derby this past weekend, so I am totally in the mood for some derby themed snacks


Giddy Up & Go Granola

$22.99 - 16 / 1.5 oz bags         

This snack was completely healthy and I love the horse theme. I like to add granola to yogurt, but this was good enough to eat all by itself. So yummy! Also, this is completely organic. I wish this came in a larger box style so I could use it more sparingly. I probably won't be purchasing this item, but I was really happy with the sample!


Key Lime Cookies by J&M

$14.99 - 7 / 1.5 oz bags                  

Lime cookies are so fitting for spring and the horse derby. They pair perfectly with the mint juleps you'll be drinking all day. These cookies are light and crunchy with a powdered sugar coating. They reminded me of the lemon girl scout cookies. I seriously could not stop eating these. I am trying to eat less sweets, or I would have already bought these. 


Honeybush Caramel, Southern Mint, and Tropical Green Teas by Revolution Tea

$12.99 - 16 / 3 pouch boxes     

I am not a huge fan of receiving tea in any of my subscription boxes, because they tend to be cheap additions, but these packets appear to be really nice, and the flavors are different then I am used to. I like the southern mint flavor, especially, because it fits so well with the theme. Also, green tea is my favorite tea so this was easy to drink up. I wasn't as thrilled about the Honeybush Caramel, but it really was pretty good. I would suggest to drink that whenever you have a sore throat. I could get used to tea in my boxes if they are as high quality as these three.  


 Sweet Potato Chips by One Potato Two Potato

$24.99 - 12 / 2 oz bags             

I am a big fan of sweet potatoes. They are a yummier and healthier alternative to any products with regular potatoes. These had a little bit of a weird texture, but once getting past that I really liked them. They weren't as satisfying as you average salty potato chips, but I felt a lot better after eating these. I probably won't go out my way to purchase these, but I would be happy to grab them if I see them in the store. 


Tropical Peach Drink Mix by Flavrz Organic

$22.99 - 18 pouches              

This is a nice addition to the spring box with the fruity flavors and the tropical touch. It feels almost like spring break. I am not usually into adding anything into my drinks, especially when they also add calories, but this was really yummy. It added just the right amount of flavor. I am still not happy with the amount of extra calories, so I would only like to add these once in a while. These could always help brighten a dark and gloomy day.


Tarallino Snack with Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Rerre Di Puglia

$14.99 - 12 / 1.4 oz bags          

I couldn't believe how good these were. These horseshoe crackers are the perfect amount of crisp and softness, and they have a nice buttery taste. I loved these so much that have already purchased more. They are also pretty reasonably priced. I think I have found my favorite new snack. 


Hickory Smoked and Italian Black Truffle Salt by The Spice Lab

$5.99 - 50 packets           

These are a cool addition to the snack box. I am a lover of spices, but unfortunately not such a fan of salt. I tired these both on the next steak we grilled, and it added so much flavor. I don't know if I would purchase these single use packs, but these would be the perfect for a gift to the grill man or the foodie.


Sea Salt Caramels by Le Caramel

$8.99 - 25 pieces           

I feel like I always get caramels in my subscription boxes, but I really can't complain. These were really yummy, and a nice treat for when your craving something a little more sweet. Caramels are something I wouldn't usually buy, because they are pure sugar, but it is nice to get a few in my snack boxes to snack on every once in a while. 


I really liked so many of the treats in this month's box, and everything about the theme. This was my first year to the derby, and I have really started to enjoy horse races and the betting that goes along. Plus, the snacks went so well along with the theme. Themes always make boxes a little more fun.  Love with food is such a well curated box, and I can't wait for my next box to come. I estimate this box to be worth $10.32, which isn't great because a monthly subscription is $12, but it could be worth it if you get the yearly subscription. 


If you would like to try Love With Food for yourself, just click here. You can get it for as little as $10 a month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment