Thursday, March 26, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag March 2015 Review - Flower Power

My Ipsy Glam Bag for March has arrived, and I am so excited to see what is inside. I did take a small sneak peak, so I knew the pattern of the makeup bag, but what is inside is a complete surprise. Maybe if it arrived earlier each month, I wouldn't have to sneak, but it is here now so I am happy. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that delivers five samples and full size items to your door in a cute makeup bag for $10. It is always filled with a ton of great value. 


The theme this month is Flower Power. Like I said before, I sneaked a peak at the makeup bag this month, so I knew what was coming. This bag is so cute and fits perfectly with the theme. I think this theme is better for May, but I appreciate the hopes for Spring. It gets me excited for warmer weather ahead. I hope the items inside are perfect to pare with the new pastels and lighter clothes I'll be wearing for the next few months. 


At first look, I am not sure I like all that I see. The colors aren't what I expected and the items seem small. I am used to my Ipsy Glam Bag being full to the max. I hope that my impression changes after this first look. I could definitely see myself ending up loving all these items. 


Evelyn Iona Natural & Organic Concealer in Flawless

$18.75 - 3 g   

I love receiving concealers in my subscription boxes, because they are so expensive and they are usually a great deal. This is a great example of that, but it does come with some problems. This didn't blend perfectly with my skin, but it did hide some imperfections. I did have to use a lot, though. This is a pretty nice sized sample and will definitely last me a long while. I am also all for the natural and organic ingredients. Plus, this formula is very light. Perfect for Spring. 


Pur-lisse Pur-delicate Cleanser and Makeup Remover

$36.00 - 5.6 oz       

Face cleansers get used so quickly with me, and I am always excited to try new brands. I've used this brand before, but never as a cleanser. This formula was very gentle on my skin. It is super light and feels like lotion on my skin. I didn't remove makeup as well as I hoped, mainly the hard stuff. It also left my skin a little dry. Otherwise, I am really happy with this cleanser and the natural ingredients. 


Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow in Fifty Shades

$22.50 - 1.2 g

This is a full size item, which was a little surprising, because it is a little small. I am always saying that I am tired of getting the same color in my subscription boxes, so this was fun to see. I am a little nervous about wearing this still, though. It is a little darker than I usually wear, but I could see this being perfect for a girls night out. Again, these are used with all natural ingredients, which makes it easier to put on my skin. 


NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in Hunk

$5.99 - 4.5 g

I knew as a spoiler that everyone would be getting a full size NYX product, so I knew something like this was coming. I am completely in love with this lipstick. It covers well and it leaves your lips super soft. Unfortunately, I am not in love with this color. I am really bummed I got this color. Not that it is pretty, I am just not brave enough to wear this out of the house. I am a little dissapointed with Ipsy because I said I wasn't brave with color, and this color seems brave. Wish I would've gotten that light pink for Spring. 


Acure Day Cream for the Face

$18.99 - 1.75 fl oz  

I wear face lotion every day and night, so this is a perfect item for me. It says day cream, but I would have know that with just using the product alone. It is on the lighter side, and the citrus smell completely wakes you up. This formula is perfect for spring, and because the lotion is light, I am glad that this didn't come during those cold, dry winter months. This is a deluxe sample, so this might actually last a while. 


I was starting to think every item in my bag was organic or all natural until I saw the lipstick. I definitely like to see that these products are more on trend. We should all pay attention to what is inside the items we put on our body. At first sight, I wasn't too excited about this month's bag, but after the second look I am really liking the products. There are two full size items and two deluxe sample size items. That is great for $10. I am also happy with all the items, except the color of the lipstick. I estimate this month's bag to be worth $52.11. So much value with such a small bag!


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. You will jump straight to the front of the line, so no need to wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment