Saturday, March 14, 2015

Julep Maven February 2015 Review - Valentine's Day Box

My Julep Maven box has arrived for the month of February and with the Valentine's Day theme, I am hoping for a some colors that would be perfect for the big date. I love the value you get from each Julep box and the extra beauty item you get with the nail polishes. 


This box is so well curated. Not only do the products all go with the season, but it is all safely transported. I love the paper confetti that creates a nice bedding for the products. I've rewrapped many presents in this box. Why not reuse, right?


I didn't expect my Valentine's Day box to be anything but pink and red. I see some nail polishes that I know that I am already going to love and some others that I'm excited to try. I am usually really excited about the extra beauty items, but I've never been a fan of lip gloss. I hope that this isn't the normal sticky, drying lip color. Knowing Julep and their products, I doubt it will be. 


Julep Lip Gloss in Charming

$80.00 - 5 7.5 ml tubes       

Again, I'm not a fan of lip glosses, so I wasn't overjoyed to receive this item. The color is a little "old" for me at first glance. After trying it, the color went so well with my skin tone. Plus, it is perfect for a nice date night. It was a little sticky and drying, though. I prefer something with moisture, so I won't be wearing this on a daily basis, but I will definitely include this for a fancy night out. 


Julep Nail Color in Hartleigh

$14.00 - 8 ml

I have never been a huge fan of confetti nail colors, because they feel really cluttered on my nail and are impossible to apply. Julep's confetti polish actually spreads out across the nail and doesn't dry before application. I don't really care for the girly hearts and colors, but I could definitely sport this on Valentine's Day. That would probably be the only day of the year, though. 



$14.00 - 8 ml

Everyone needs a classic red in their nail polish drawer, and this color is perfect. I love Julep colors. Everything from the perfect color mixes, the easiness of application, and how long the color lasts. I will be wearing this on Valentine's Day and for months to come. This color goes perfectly with a little black dress. 



Julep Nail Color in Fifi

$14.00 - 8 ml

Pale pinks are so me. They offer the slightest amount of color that is both edgy and girly. I can wear this color all the way through spring with pretty much everything. Pale pinks are one of my favorite colors to wear on my nails, because it is so versatile. I only wish that they had a matte top coat to make this color even cooler. 


Overall, I am pretty happy with this box. Two of the nail polishes are such classics, and I won't stop wearing them. I am a little indifferent about the glitter nail polish and the lip gloss, but I am happy that they are in my vanity to mix it up one in a while. I estimate this box to be worth $58, which is great considering it costs $24.99. 


If you would like to try Julep Maven for yourself, just click here. This subscription box is perfect for the nail polish lover!

No comments:

Post a Comment