Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box Fall 2015 Review

My Walmart Beauty Box has arrived for the fall season, and while I am not too excited about the surprises inside, it is always nice to receive drugstore brands. This subscription box comes out every three months and only costs $5 for each one. This tends to have a ton of samples and some deluxe sizes, and the value is always greater than the cost, which isn't easy to do with drugstore samples. While I am sure I won't find anything that will change my life, I am excited to see some cheaper drugstore brands that could replace what I've already been buying. 


I really wish that Walmart Beauty Box included an itemized card with all of their samples, especially since they only send out one box. Most of these items are self explanatory, but for some of the samples, it would be nice to have some description about the product. Also, it would be nice to see the prices for the full size item. Normally, I have to look each of them up. I am still excited to see what this box has in store for me this month, and I can't wait to see what samples I get to try out this season.  



$9.06 - 3 razors   ($3.02 Value)

This is a pretty good value for this $5 box. Razors are always so expensive, especially ones with multiple blades, so this one is really nice. I didn't notice anything special with the curve, but it did leave a nice close shade. I also the like moisturizing strips. It saves me the extra step of applying shaving cream, and leaves my skin a little less dry. Even though this isn't really a new item for me, this was nice to receive because it will definitely be used.  



$4.39 - 1 oz   ($1.10 Value)

Since my acne has gotten worse over the last year, I've been really into any charcoal scrubs or face washes. In addition to that, I am a really into masks. I love how you can do these from your home with huge results in only a small amount of time. This mask was really great. It heats on your skin instantly, and while they say to only leave it on your face for one minute, I left it on my face until it was dry, about three minutes. This did seem to deep clean my face, but my acne wasn't really better. I do really like heating aspect, but I wish it did a better job at what clearing my face. 



$6.84 - 10 fl oz   ($0.34 Value)

I have been getting these shower moisturizer samples so often lately, and they really are a great idea. In the winter, my skin is so dry, and I have to apply moisturizer after every single shower, and sometimes multiple times a day. These moisturizers work really well, and they really cut down the time I spend apply lotion. The also smell great. I do still have to apply lotion to my problem areas, such as my feet and elbows, and I leave my face for my expensive lotion. I would totally purchase a full bottle of this, since it works so well, and I absolutely hate dry, itchy, winter skin. 



$12.96 - 6.3 oz    ($0.29 Value)

Besides being a really small sample, this was a nice product to try. Teeth whitening products are usually so expensive, so you either buy something that doesn't work, or you just never know. This whitening system required a normal whitening toothpaste, and a top gel that does the most work. My teeth were noticeably whiter after one use, and I also like how clean my mouth felt. This whitening duo does so much more than toothpaste, yet takes less time than your whitening strips. Also, it is a pretty great value. 


NIVEA Extended Moisture Body Lotion

$5.30 - 16.9 fl oz   ($0.04 Value)

I wasn't too excited about this product since it is a common drugstore lotion, and I know I've tried this brand a million times. That being said, I do like the scent, and I feel like this worked a little better than your normal lotion. This has kinda a freebie feel to it, since it is such a cheap sample, and the product isn't that new or exciting. At least I got a use out of it, though. 


Dove Advanced Care Beauty Finish Anti-Perspirant Deodorant

$6.68 - 2.6 oz   ($1.28 Value)

I am already a fan of Dove and their deodorants work well and leave your underarms soft. I do feel like this deodorant works a little longer than your typical deodorant, and the scent is perfect for the underarm area. This sample isn't too special, but it will definitely get used. This will be nice for travel, or one to stick in my gym bag. 




$3.97 - 13.5 fl oz   ($0.53 Value)

I've heard really great things about this body wash, but I've never been sold on their sexual branding. I should've gone in head first, because this body wash is really great for a drug store brand. It has such a luxurious smell, and I love how it lathers up, yet still feels creamy on your skin. Now that I know how great this product is, I will definitely pick it up the next time I need a body wash. 



$6.48 - 33.8 fl oz   ($0.19 Value)

This is another sample that feels like a freebie to me. It is a cheap sample, and I've tried this brand over and over before. I do like how it makes my mouth feel super clean, though, and the taste isn't too overpowering. This sample would be a great travel item to throw in my purse for those heavy garlic meals or in my overnight bag. 



$3.74 - 17 oz   ($0.33 Value)

This is another item that I've tried many times before, and really didn't care too much about. It leaves my hair way too crispy and without movement. That would be good if it is completely up, but that is rarely ever the case. I've found so many other great hairsprays that both have a strong hold and movability. This will go to a friend or my sister.  



$7.95 - 0.21 oz   ($6.06 Value) 

This is the second sample I've received of this mascara, and I am really happy about it. This mascara is really nice. It separates, lengthens, and creates major volume. I think this is a great everyday mascara, and I could use it alone it works so well. Neutrogena is such a great brand, and this mascara proves it. Once my two samples are gone, I will definitely purchase some more. It is a great price, and a great drug store item. 


Avenue Positively Radiant Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 30

$11.49 - 2.5 fl oz   ($1.38 Value)

This is finally another sample that I haven't sampled before. I am all about finding the best facial moisturizers, and this one works better than I could imagine. It is the perfect weight that moisturizes well, but doesn't leave anything too heavy on my face. Also it improves complexion and evens skin tone. I love face lotions that do double duty like that. The smell is nice and fresh, too. This is a great item to put in my makeup bag while I travel, and the next time I need a facial moisturizer, I think I will definitely be purchasing this. It isn't that cheap, but it is a good price for the product. 


I have to say, many of these samples weren't new to me, nor were they too exciting. I know that this box focuses on drug store brands, but I don't know why they are giving us items that are no way new. Many of these items I have either purchased or tried before. I estimate this box to be worth $14.56, which isn't bad for a $5 box. I think the deodorant, mascara, and razor make this box worth the price, and it was really nice to try the whitening duo, body wash, face moisturizer, and face mask. The other items were just alight for me. Since this is only $5 for a seasonal box, which is only $20 a year, I feel like it is way worth keeping it going for a while. 


If you would like to try Walmart Beauty Box for yourself, just click here. It only costs $5, and you will get a new box every season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment