Wednesday, December 30, 2015

BoxyCharm December 2015 Review - Pop Fizz Clink!

My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of December, and unlike most months, I haven’t seen a whole lot of spoilers, so most of these items will be a surprise. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five full size beauty items for only $21 a month. It ranges from hair, makeup, body, and nail products, so it is a great box for everyone. Also, it always has a value of over $100. I am shocked and surprised every single time. Even though I am new to this box, I think it is one of the best out there. This box sends out the same items to everyone with one different item sometimes, and I have to say, they always find items that most everyone will enjoy.


This month’s theme is Pop Fizz Clink! I absolutely love the theme. While most other subscription boxes are focused around the other big holiday of this month, Christmas, this month is all about New Years. I really like that, because it is a big makeup night, and one of the only nights in the year that I really go glamorous. It also has a swinger theme that reminds me of The Great Gatsby. It really gets me in the mood to dress up, wear a lot of sparkle, and go big. Also, these items in this month’s box will get your ready for the holidays, and help you get ready for the big event. Hopefully, I will be able to use these for New Years and many days more. I can’t wait to see what this month has in store.


Jelly Pong Pong All Over Glow

$15.95 - 0.68 fl oz    (Full Size!)

I’ve actually tried this highlighter before after receiving it in another subscription box, but that was just a sample. Not only is this a full size item, but it is the best highlighter I’ve ever used. This made my skin glow, and added light to all those places where you need a little boost. I am not one to use a lot of creams on my face, but this one doesn’t make my skin greasy like many other products. Also, I think this brand is really fun. The products all have cute packaging, and the designs are great. They remind me of a mixture between the Balm and Benefit, which are two of my favorite brands. The quality is really great too. Now that I have a full size of this product, I would like all subscription boxes to stop sending it for a while. This will take a while to use up.


Nelson J Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Mask

$23.00 - 3.4 oz    (Full Size!)

When I read mask, I was hoping this was a face mask. I really enjoy the one they sent us not too long ago, and I apply a face mask at least twice a week. When I figured out it was a hair mask instead, I can’t say that I was too disappointed. I love deep conditioners, especially during dry months, and they always seem to bring my hair back to life. This one is supposed to be used once a week while focusing on the ends. This one not only deep conditions, but it also helps demolish frizz and repairs damaged hair. I used this after my normal shampoo, and it went on so smoothly. I could easily comb through my hair with the product, which is a tough task. My hair dried so smooth and soft, and I love the coconut smell. My hair even looked healthier, and that includes my pre trim split ends. I really like this product, and I believe it is the best deep conditioner I’ve ever tried. I have so many to use up, and this is also a full size product, so I don’t know when I’ll have to purchase more, but when I do, I’ll keep this in mind for sure. A+++


BellaPierre Cosmetics Waterproof Gel Lip Liner in Cinnamon

$17.99 - 0.06 oz    (Full Size!)

I really like this brand, but I am not one to use lip pencils. I decided to finally give it a try. I have recently been trying new things, and I’ve surprised myself a few times on how much I’ve liked a few of them. While this colors isn’t really my favorite, it is a great color for the holidays and the winter months. It is warm, yet darker, so you hit both styles. I was really impressed on how this made my lipstick appear more professional, and it was much easier to stay in the lines. I have a problem with lipstick falling outside of lips, so this helped it stay and made it look put together. This is a great product, but again, just not the color for me. Now, I am interested in trying out other colors because I am starting to understand the great benefits of a lip pencil. I am going to hang onto this one just in case my color preferences change.


Tatcha Japanese Original Aburatorigami Blotting Sheets

$12.00 - 30 sheets    (Full Size!)

Even though this is so simple, this is the item I am most excited about. These sheets will soak up any access oil, and leave behind all that makeup that took time to place. When I first apply makeup every day, my face is perfectly matte, but as the day goes on, it gets pretty oily. It is due to stress or the elements, but either way, I don’t like it and it makes me look tired and no longer put together. These are the perfect size for your purse, and I will be able to take them with me literally everywhere. I was pretty impressed with how much oil these little sheets collected without rubbing off my makeup. I know that Asia cares a lot about their skin, and these are a great way to do it. I will be carrying these with me to all the holiday parties coming up, especially New Years. That way, I won’t be disappointed with my look late into the night after spending so much to look so glamorous.



NCLA So Rich Vitamin-E Infused Cuticle Oil

$18.00 - 0.5 fl oz    (Full Size!)

This is also the second time I’ve received this cuticle oil. The first time, I didn’t think I would use it all that much, so I handing it off to one of my sisters. This time, I am keeping it. My cuticles have been looking a little rough due to the cold weather, and constantly dealing with paper, which also dries them up and creates cuts. This oil has a great little dropper that allows you to use the perfect amount of oil without getting it everywhere. The oil itself is very soothing and smells great. I like that it dries quickly, and doesn't leave my hands feeling greasy. This didn’t seem like a product I would like or need at first, but I’m glad I was sent it twice. My one complaint, I wish it would heal all of my hang nails. Oh, well.



OFRA Cosmetics Laboratories Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Americano

$19.90 - 8 g    (Full Size!)

I’ve been trying to venture out of my pink and coral lipstick collection, and this brownish red is the perfect way to accomplish that goal. This liquid lipstick goes on pretty smooth, and dries to create some pretty incredible staying power. I like that it dries so it doesn’t get everywhere, but when it does, it tends to dry out my lips a little. I have super dry skin and I try to stick to moisturizing lip colors. To be honest, I don’t love the color on me. It is a little dark, which isn’t really my style, and I feel a lot older than I am. I really wish I could pull it off, but unfortunately, it just isn’t going to work for me. I really like the color, and the brand is nice. The formula isn’t my favorite, but I could see it working great for a lot of people. I know this time of year I am going to get a lot of dark colors, but that just gets me excited for spring, when all the colors that work best for my skin will come out and be back in style.



Overall, I really like this month’s box. I am all about that deep conditioner, those grease wipes, and the cuticle oil. I am definitely going to use the highlighter, especially for New Years, too. The lip liner and the lipstick aren’t really my color, but I will keep them in my collection if I ever get brave enough to wear them. This theme is really great, and I am glad that it didn’t focus around Christmas. All the products went along with the theme pretty well, too, which doesn’t always happen with other subscription boxes. This month’s box had a value of $106.84. That is just insane for a monthly box that only costs $21. The value of this box is the best I’ve seen from any single subscription box.



If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It would make a great gift for a makeup guru friend or your beauty loving family member. Or, it could be a great gift to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment