Saturday, December 19, 2015

PopSugar Must Have December 2015 Review

My PopSugar Must Have box has arrived for the month of December, and I can't wait to open up this early Christmas present to myself. PopSugar is a monthly subscription box for $39.95 and sends items in beauty, fashion, home, fitness, and food categories. They always have a value of over $100, so the cost is always worth the value. I love this box, because it contains items I usually love at a price that I wouldn't normally splurge on for myself. Also, PopSugar is on top of current trends, so I get to experience them before everyone else. I can't wait to see what PopSugar has for me this month. 


Each PopSugar box is curated with a few inspiration words. This month's box will focus around these words: Celebration, Holiday Glamour, New Year's, Indulgence, Chocolate, and Sparkles. These inspirational words are perfect for the month of December. I really hope there is maybe a piece of jewelry for the new years and possibly an item that I can gift to someone in my family or friend circle. I hope the chocolate item isn't dark chocolate. I really can't stand the taste. I am sure that these inspirations will guarantee a great December box. 



$65.00

 At first glance, I absolutely love this bracelet. Chain links are completely my style, and I love the chunkiness. Delicate jewelry pieces aren’t my favorite. I am definitely a statement piece kind of girl. I’ve never heard of this line, but this piece feels higher end and not your typical cheap costume jewelry. After checking it out a little longer, I am a little torn away from the three metals mixed in. It has a section of gold, silver, and rose links throughout this bracelet. I really wish this was just one of the three, least preferred rose gold, but I understand they are trying to make everyone happy with the different metals. Usually when PopSugar sends jewelry, it isn’t my favorite, but I have to say this is my favorite item in the box. I can totally see myself wearing this dressed up on New Year’s Eve, or dressed down to go to a movie. Also, PopSugar designed this for their boxes, so this is a piece you won’t see everyone wearing. Very cool piece, and I can definitely see myself getting used to the ombre metals. 


Swing Design Nova Blue Mist Jewelry Box

$36.00

Hmm. I am sure many of you Must Havers are going to love this item, but I really just don’t. At. All. I do have jewelry, but this is not my style, nor do I think it is stylish for this century. The baby blue reminds me of my childhood, but so does the jewelry box. I have to say, this is high quality, and it is also well made. I like the textures and the thought in detailing too. This could be a great gift for one of my friends or someone in my family, but I really could only see fit giving this to a young girl. Maybe I’ll hold onto it until my niece is a little older. She would love something this cutsie eventually. This is a complete miss for me, but I really hope that some of you out there really enjoy it. I’m bummed, but hopefully the other items in this box will turn it around.



$30.00

This is a line I have never heard of, but it looks like something I’d be into. All products from their line are paraben, phthalate, gluten, and cruelty free. Recently, I really pay attention to what I put onto my body and not just what I put into it. Chemicals on your face can hurt you just as much. These are smaller lipsticks, but the trio really makes up for that. This line’s concept is to create smaller products that are great for travel, but will also be used up before they expire. I rarely ever go through an entire product, unless it is mascara, foundation, or powder, so this makes a lot of sense for me. These three colors are named after fruits, and to me they all have a Christmas feel. Cranberry is a bright red, Muted Plum is a mauve pink, and Raspberry is a dark, reddish pink. The cranberry color is my favorite, with raspberry a close second. I don’t tend to wear mauves, but this will be a nice color to have. These go on really smoothly, and I also like how they feel moist on my lips. I hate lipstick that dry out my skin. This isn’t my favorite beauty item that PopSugar has included in their boxes, but it fits in perfectly with the holidays, and you can never go wrong with these three colors during these darker winter months.



$24.00

I am in a love hate relationship with this item. I love wine, and there is definitely a lot more drinking going on around the holidays. This is also such a cool stopper and totally my style. It has both a modern and rustic feel, so I could see this working into many PopSugar personal styles. The one and biggest problem I have with this item; I will never use it. Wine bottles come with corks, so if you don’t drink it all right away, just stick the cork back in. Also, wouldn’t the wine stain the bottle of this cork, therefore ruining it within one use. Wine should be drank within a week after it is opened, so this couldn’t even stay in a single bottle that long. I could see using this during a festive dinner party, but those are rare for me. I do really like this design, so I am trying to think about other bottles this could permanently be attached. Maybe an oil bottle cork, or something like that. For those of you that don’t drink wine, this would be a great gift to that person in your life that does. This item is festive and really pretty, but the practicality misses the mark for me.



$4.00

At first I thought this was washi tape, but this actually has a backing that you peel off instead of being a roll of tape. I don't love this design, but it is pretty festive. I think this would be great for hanging up decorations or making presents extra special with this tape. I really like the Meri Meri brand, and their decorative and festive items are all so cute. This is also very responsibly priced. This isn't my favorite item of this month's box, but I will definitely try to use it all up over the holidays. I wish there were more uses for it.



$6.00 - 4.2 oz

I've heard of a mini brownie recipe that you mix in a coffee cup and cook in your microwave, and this must be the same thing. I have yet to try this, because I am saving it for when I am really craving chocolate, but I can't wait to taste it. I do love that this is made with all natural ingredients. I do like this concept, especially if you don't live with a household of people. I crave baked good every once in a while, but I would waste a half pan of brownies if I made an entire pan. I think this is a little expensive for something you can whip up on your own, but I do find this to be a fun treat.



$20.00

This is listed as a Special Extra, and they are surprisingly one of my favorite items in this month's box. They will be perfect for presents or for labeling homemade gifts. They seem really simple, but are completely sheik. There are 24 stickers in this pack, which is plenty for all my friends gifts. I will try to use these sparingly too. I am glad that these were listed as an extra, because their value isn't that great. On the other hand, these are the perfect addition to the December box, because they are both festive and useable. Great addition, and I can't wait to decorate all my presents with these. This also came with a $20 off coupon to purchase more goodies from Tiny Prints. Since there are quite a few cheap items on their site, this could go a long way. 


I was so excited about this month's box. I love the holiday's, and I was looking forward to items that would help me enjoy them. That being said, I really love this month's box. Even my favorite item, the bracelet, isn't perfect for me. I will be giving away the jewelry box and the wine stopper, and the lipsticks will be used, but not that often.I do like that the glitter tape and tags can be used to decorate presents, though, and that cup of cake will be the perfect fast desert when I am craving some chocolate. This box has a value of $185. That is pretty great for a box that only costs $39.95. Even though I don't love some of these items, I will be able to regift and really get the full value of each of them. While this isn't one of my favorite boxes, each item was really cute and unique. I hope that many other subscribers enjoyed this more than me. 


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have, just click here. It would make a great present for one of your closest friends or family members. 

No comments:

Post a Comment