Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Target Beauty Box Girls Holiday 2015 Review

Even though I already know what is in this month's box, I am really excited about checking out what is inside. Target Beauty Box is a super fun box to receive in the mail each month, and each time they get better and better. The price changes depending on the value to anything from $5 and $13. This month's box was $10 and promises a value of over $50, so I already know it is going to be good. This isn't really a subscription box, though, and you have to keep an eye out for them when they come out, because they sell out within 24 hours. This is totally worth it, though, because these boxes rock. 


Each box comes with a card lightly detailing each item. I wish they had more details per item, but I am just happy that it even has such a card. It sucks when you have to look up an item to even know how it is used. This card also comes with a $3 off $15 coupon to spend on anything in the beauty department. I have yet to use this, but it really would be nice if I wanted to purchase a full size item. That makes the value even more than the products inside. 


Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara

$7.49 - 0.33 fl oz    (Full Size!)

I am a sucker for great mascara, and it is usually the only makeup I wear every single day, except powder. This mascara isn't only volumizing, but I feel like I didn't even have to use an eyelash curler. It lifted them to make them seem even more lushes. This isn't the best mascara I've ever used, but I really like how it makes my eyelashes huge. I will definitely use this when I want a little umph, but when purchasing one, I will probably still just splurge on my benefit or tarte brands. This was really fun to try, especially since I probably wouldn't have given it a shot otherwise. 



$4.99 - 1.7 fl oz    (Full Size!)

I am always looking for a great dry shampoo, and I have yet to find the best one for my hair texture and color. I received the Hair Food deep conditioner in a previous box, and besides the heavy vitamin smell, I really like how it left my hair smooth and soft. This dry shampoo smells a lot nicer, but still smells a little too natural. It soaked up my hair oils really well, and I also like how it didn't leave my hair powder white. Unlike most dry shampoos, this didn't make my hair feel full of product. I really like this, and the price makes me like it even more. It isn't the best I've ever used, but I will definitely purchase more since it is much cheaper than most of my favs. 


Lineage Water Bank Moisture Cream

$30.40 - 50 ml    ($12.16 Value)

I have never heard of this brand before, but it already seems upscale. I have dry skin during the winter months, so I am always looking for new and better ways to relax my face and keep it hydrated. This formula is light like water, but still hydrates really well. I could see my complexion brightening and it didn't fell dry at all for the entire day. This is the perfect face lotion to layer under makeup, because it is so light, or a great lotion to use at night when you really want to go to sleep with replenished skin. I probably won't buy this when this sample runs out, but I will get the best use of this while I have it. 



CoverGirl Star Wars Limited Edition Lipstick in Red

$5.99 - 3.5 g   (Full Size!)

I am guessing I am one of only a few people that is not in love with Star Wars, so this lipstick isn't too exciting for me. I do like Covergirl lipstick, though, and how it doesn't dry out my lips but still lasts forever. This color is nice, but not my favorite. The darkest color I like to go is a classic red. Anything else is just too dark on my light complexion. I do have a sister that is obsessed with the movies, so I will be gifting this to her. Also, it's the holidays, so this is perfect timing. Great lipstick, but just not the color for me. 



$3.59 - 6 elastics   ($1.79 Value)

These elastics are really neat, and definitely something I've never tried before. They hold my hair really well, but don't pull on it hard enough that I feel like it is breaking my hair. I used one of these during a workout, and while my hair usually falls out while jumping around, this elastic kept my hair tight. I really like these, but the colors kinda suck. I would never wear bright colors anywhere but the gym, so I guess these will be restricted to workouts only. I am not usually too excited about the hair bands that they deliver in these boxes, but I really like these. 


CeraVe Anti-Aging Eye Repair Cream

$9.79 - 0.5 oz    ($1.57 Value)

I have an abundance of eye creams right now, so this isn’t something that I really need at the moment, but that doesn’t mean I won’t use it. I really like the CeraVe brand, and I think their skin care line is one of the best. This eye cream promises to repair and restore the delicate area around your eyes. I am not sure if that means it will make darkness disappear, take away puffiness, or reduce wrinkles, but I have all three so any help is fine by me. I really like this larger sample size, because it will last me a while since you don’t have to use that much, and the small packaging makes this super easy to travel. I am going somewhere every single weekend this month, so this will be staying in my travel bag. This cream has a texture of a thick lotion, and it does hydrate the area really well. I like this brand, and I would consider buying this in the future if I ever need to stock up on more eye cream.



Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream

$9.99 - 0.5 oz    (Full Size!)

I've recently been investing in good wrinkle creams, especially since I have started to notice some early onset wrinkles. I've been using another drugstore brand wrinkle cream, Roc, which I really like, but I am definitely interested in trying out other brands. This particular cream reduces wrinkles, rejuvenates skin to a youthful look, and moisturizes. This is seriously the perfect cream for me. I notice improvements the minute I put this on, and I really like how moisturizing this is, even for winter. It also smells great and feels luxurious. This is a full size, so it will last me a while, but I would be more than happy to purchase this in the future. 


Pacifica Love 3 Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow Trio

$9.99 - 0.10 oz    (Full Size!)

This Pacifica eyeshadow line is my favorite. I really like their colors, the medium pigmentation, and the natural ingredients. These colors are perfect for me, because they are both pretty natural, but still show up nicely on my skin. I also like the pinkish undertones without being too pink. I also like that the darkest color isn't that dark, because most trios have a very light color and a very dark color that I never use. This is small enough to travel with and it contains every color that I really need to keep it both natural or glam. This is my favorite item in this month's box, and I will definitely use this until it's gone.


This is my favorite Target Beauty Box yet. I love the eyeshadow, wrinkle cream, eye cream, dry shampoo, and moisture cream. The mascara and elastics are great, too. The only item I don't love is the lipstick, but I know someone who will love it, so at least I can give it away. I estimate this box to be worth $53.97. That is so nice, and even more than most of my other $10 subscription boxes. I cannot believe that value, and it is even better, because I would purchase most these items on my own. That means this box is absolutely worth every single penny.  


If you would like Target Beauty Box for yourself, just keep an eye on when it goes on sale. Purchase it quickly, because it won't last long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment