Monday, December 14, 2015

Target Men's Beauty Box Holiday 2015 Review

Target once again put out a men’s beauty box, and this time it is for the holidays. Whenever I see one I just have to get it for my boyfriend. He watches me get so many subscription boxes, so it is always fun to let him in on the fun. Also, Target’s boxes are always filled with necessities, so even if the products aren’t his favorites, they will still get used. I also like that Target’s boxes send out mostly drugstore items, but they are usually full size and not the cheapies of the bunch. This box cost only $5, but since this isn’t exactly a subscription, you really have to keep an eye out for when they go on sale. I am excited to see what is in store for my boyfriend this time.


Each box Target sends out comes with a itemized card that shortly explains the product and how to use. These items are pretty basic, but it is nice to know exactly what the product is called in case you’d like to purchase it again or to know how this item is different than most. Along with the card, each box comes with a $3 coupon off $15 spend in the health and beauty department. This is a nice addition to the box and even adds to the value. I really like that they offer this, especially if you love something in the box and you want to purchase the full size item, or you just want to buy it again.


Up & Up Men's 5 Blade System Razor

$8.19 - 1 razor    (Full Size!)

I feel like my boyfriend has an abundance of razors right now, but this will definitely get used eventually. If he likes it enough, the replacement razors are pretty cheap, so this would be a good brand to stick with. I recently bought him a pack from Dollar Shave Club, which he really likes, but this is practically the same cost. Plus, it is conveniently sold at Target, which are always within reach where I live. I really like this addition to this holiday box, and I think he does too.


Degree Men Adventure Dry Spray Antiperspirant in Adventure

$4.99 - 3.8 oz    (Full Size!)

At first my boyfriend thought this was shaving cream, and he was really excited. I had to inform him that this is actually deodorant spray, and please don’t put it on your face. This may be yet another deodorant in the same box, but this is a really cool way to apply. Plus, it promises 48 hours of sweat proof protection. That is great and really hard to believe. He has yet to sample this item, but I am really interested in seeing if it does work that long. I really like this smell, but my boyfriend doesn’t love it as much as me. He will still use it up, though, and this saves him from a trip to the store when he gets low on the deodorant he has now.



$7.99 - 1.6 oz    (Full Size!)

My boyfriend is not the biggest fan of gel deodorant, because it makes him sweat more than normal. I agree with him. The cold, wet product under your arms make them almost sweat more. He will use this eventually, though, and this is a nice brand and a great product. I really like the masculine smell, and this will definitely make him smell great. Also, this is such a practical item, so even if he doesn’t love it, it won’t not get used. Again, this item alone pays for the box, so I am happy with it.



$3.99 - 16 fl oz     ($0.75 Value)

My boyfriend already uses Axe body wash, and purchases it quite regularly. He really likes how it suds up more than most and how he feels clean afterwards. Every time he uses it, I definitely notice. Especially since he smells so good afterwards. This particular sample size won’t last him that long, but it would be great for travel. Whenever we stay over in a hotel or travel back to the parent’s house, he brings gigantic bottles. This makes me laugh every time, because they take up almost half his bag. I am going to suggest that he holds onto this for times he goes away for the weekend. Otherwise, it is back to the big bottles. My boyfriend didn’t love the smell of this, but I liked it. That’s what really matters anyways, right?!



$1.54 - 3 oz    (Travel Size)

My boyfriend also really likes the Dove line, and I’ve always thought they’ve had good prices while still having a great product. He has yet to try out their body & face wash, but he purchases their shampoo/conditioner combo all the time. This smells really good to me, and he liked it too. This isn't close to being full size, but I do like the deluxe sample. This is perfect for traveling, and doubles as a face and body wash. That is one less bottle that you have to take with you. 


Overall, I really thought that this was a great box. It was only $5, and there are so many useful products. My boyfriend was really excited about the spray deodorant and the dove body wash. He wasn’t too excited about the razor or the gel deodorant, but that is just because he already has so many, and he prefers a different product. Everything in this box will definitely get used. This box has a value of $23.46. That is a normal shopping trip for toiletries, and for only $5, I think this box was a steal. I wish Target came out with men’s boxes every month like they have for women, but really I think we would both become overwhelmed with the abundance of products if that did happen.


If you would like to try Target Men’s Beauty Box for yourself, make sure to keep an eye out for when they go on sale. They are a really good value, but because of that, they really sell out quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment