Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box Winter 2015 Review

My Walmart Beauty Box has arrived, and while I tend to forget it is coming, it is always fun to see what samples are inside. Walmart Beauty Box is a seasonal subscription box that sends out drug store beauty samples over a wide variety of brands. They send you items for your hair, nails, body, and face. All that for only $5. I really like this box, because it lets me sample a bunch of new products at an affordable price, and because they are all drug store brands, if I fall in love, I know it will be cheap and accessible. I am excited to see what this Winter season’s box has in store for me.


The one thing that this box is really lacking is an itemized description card. They send out basically the same box to every single person, so I don’t know why they don’t throw one together. Most of these items are pretty self explanatory, but it would be nice to know what each item is, what it does, and how much it costs. Also, a lot of these items seem pretty basic, so it would be nice to know what is new about each one, and why I should purchase it over another. Either way, this box looks stocked full, and I am excited to see all the samples inside.


Pantene Pro-V Style Series Extra Strong Hold Hairspray

$9.28 - 11.5 oz    ($0.81 Value)

I don’t really wear a whole lot of hairspray, so I am already not too excited about this hairspray, but from what I can tell, it is pretty high quality. I am already a fan of Pantene Pro-V, and if I were to use hairspray, I would need the extra hold for curls or an up do. The smell isn’t the best, but it is pretty nice for hairspray, and the hold isn’t as strong as I would like. It is more of a sticky hold than a crisp hold. I don’t know what I would really prefer, but I do think that I would prefer the sticky over the hard when trying to keep my loose curls from falling. This is a pretty nice sample size, and it would be perfect for anytime that you would be traveling. I feel like I mostly do my hair for weddings, which are never close by, so this will work out perfectly.



$6.51 - 8 oz    ($1.83 Value)

Again, I am not really one to use shaving cream, but from my dry, winter bumped skin, I think that I will have to try using it more often. This is a brand that I have never used before, because I thought it was pretty low quality, but I have definitely been proved incorrect. This is super smooth, and has the perfect amount of foam. Also, the smells is pretty nice, which is weird coming from me, because I really hate artificial fruit smells. This is a pretty nice size sample, too, and the perfect amount for me, since I won’t be using it too often. This would also be great for traveling. I am glad I was able to try this out, and I would consider purchasing it again if I ever need some shaving cream.



$5.48 - 6.76 fl oz    ($1.38 Value)

This line reminds me of the Yes To brand, which is already a win for me. I really like when natural ingredients are the base to beauty products, and I find myself using products from my kitchen more often than not to cure different difficult beauty remedies. Coconut is ultra hydrating and also helps restore skin to its normal, healthy self. This is the perfect lotion for winter month’s because my skin is super dry this time of year, and it just wants to soak up every ounce of moisture I give it. I really like this container, and the sample size is pretty nice for a Walmart box. Also, the product is the perfect amount of thickness. It is not too thick, where it is difficult to rub in, but just thick enough to give a great amount of moisture. This is my favorite sample from this month’s box, and I am really interested in trying out other products from their line.



$3.96 - 21 fl oz    ($0.09 Value)

Dial is such a classic brand in my opinion, and while I’ve only really ever tried their soap, I am interested in using this lotion. It promises to supply seven full days of moisture, which is a hard feat for my dry skin. This formula is a lot lighter than I expected, but it did do a really nice job hydrating my entire body. I wouldn’t say that this lasted even close to seven days, especially after showering, but it did work for a full 24 hours. I don’t really understand how a product would be able to work that long, so I don’t know why they advertise that. This is a really small sample, so it is almost already gone, but this was nice to try out, and I will definitely go through the rest of this sample within the next few days.



$7.47 - 9 fl oz    ($0.42 Value)

Walmart Beauty Box has actually send this sample to me before, but I really don’t care, because I like the formula, the brand, and the sample size, which is perfect for throwing into my overnight bag anytime I am going out of town. This gel like cleanser lathers up pretty well, and I like how clean my face feels after using it. Since it is only a gel, I like to pair this with a scrub face mask or a primer to make sure that it cleaned every inch of my skin. While I prefer scrubs or creams to cleanse my face, I really like this product, and am always happy to use it. I think Neutrogena does a really good job getting their skin care right, and I am always reaching for their line over other brands.



$4.48 - 8 elastics    (Full Size!)

These slip proof elastics are definitely something that I have never seen or tried before. They have soft rubber gripes that hang onto your hair like I have never seen before, and makes sure that it doesn’t fall out, even the slightest. While these aren’t the prettiest hair ties I have ever seen, I really like this idea, and have noticed my hair falling from using your regular hair tie. I used these while working out, and while my hair usually falls down and gets in my way, this elastic made it stay in place the entire time. Even during jumping jacks. I really like these elastics, and while I don’t see ever having to purchase more in the future, because this size was so generous, I will definitely be telling my friends about them.


Ken Paves You Are Beautiful Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner

$12.98 - 8.5 fl oz    ($0.82 Value)

This is yet another item that I had already received in a Walmart Beauty Box, but since it is just a foil sample, and I enjoyed it when I first tried it, I don’t really mind receiving another one. The shampoo is really lush and thick, and it doesn’t lather up all that much, but instead soaks into your scalp and really washes away all the grime and grease that has been collecting from the last few days. The smell is pretty nice, and it leaves my hair feeling refreshed. The conditioner is a little lighter than I normally like, but it did a nice job sealing my hair and leaving it shiny and manageable. Since this is such a small sample, I really only get one use out of it, but it was nice to try again and also a nice reminder on how much I liked it before. This was fun to try, and I wouldn’t be shocked if I ended up purchasing it in the future.


Centrum Vitamints Multimineral Supplement in Cool Mint

$6.76 - 60 chewables    ($0.23 Value)

These are kind of a funny sample to me, but I guess I receive Bulu Box, so I am not a stranger to supplements and vitamins. I know I should take my vitamins more often, but I really don’t like swallowing pills, and I also often forget. These vitamins are to be taken like a mint, so not only are they easy to take and pretty yummy, but they also leave you with fresh breath. These would be perfect to throw in my purse for after lunch, because I am always willing to chew on a mint, and that could easily replace my will to not swallow pills. This was a fun sample, and I am glad I was able to give these a try. Taking my vitamins might be my New Year’s Resolution, so these would be the perfect thing to purchase.



$22.74 - 1.7 oz    ($0.27 Value)

I am partial to Olay and their facial moisturizers. They are the perfect medium weight while being super moisturizing, and they also help take care of all your imperfections. This particular sample is for a higher end moisturizer they create, and one I wouldn’t normally splurge on. It will help tone and tighten your face all while keeping it moisturized. I tried this sample out on my freshly cleansed face, and I was surprised at the instant results. My face looked a little more toned and it helped rid my face of all that pink that comes with dryness. This sample is really tiny, though, and I only was able to get one use out of it, so I am not sure what the long term effects could be. I probably won’t purchase this full size item anytime soon, because it is still a little too expensive, but this was fun to try, and I really like the instant results.


Overall, I really like this season’s box. The shaving cream was a nice addition, and I really liked trying out the new coconut line moisturizer. The hairspray is just alright, but I will go through the rest of these samples pretty quickly. This box has a value of $10.33. That is pretty good for a box that only costs $5, but it really isn’t about the value for this box but more about the fun of receiving and trying out new products. As long as I still find the products to be new and usable, I will continue to receive this box. 


If you would like to try this box for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to try out new drugstore brands and products.

No comments:

Post a Comment