Saturday, March 19, 2016

Birchbox March 2016 Review - Ladies First

Yea! My Birchbox is here! I absolutely love this subscription box, and I have discovered so many new brands and products that I love and have included in my beauty routine. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that includes at least five beauty samples curated to your beauty profile for only $10 a month. Sometimes they even include full size items. Also, they have a fun theme with a cute box each month, and the samples usually go along well with that theme. I can't wait to see what samples Birchbox has in store for me this month. 


I absolutely love this box. It is super cute and super springy, which really makes me sad, because as you can see, my dog decided to eat this one while I was at work. I usually like them to organize with them or display them around the house where that makes sense, but this one will instead go into the recycling bin. This month's theme is celebrating woman. It is both Women's History Month and International Women's Day fall in this month. All the products in this box will help amplify your unique features instead of cover them up. I love this theme and the message behind it. I also feel like these products are going to be awesome. 



theBalm cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen

$17.00 - 0.3 fl oz    ($2.27 Value)

I love theBalm brand. I've said it before, and I'll say it every time I receive one of their items in my Birchbox. I just get so excited about the product, no matter what it is. This lip stain is a barely there lip color, which I didn't expect but absolutely love. You can apply a little for a light pink lip, or layer it on for more of a red. This is an easy, and natural looking lip look that is perfect for those days that you won't be able to constantly reapply. Also, even though this is a small sample, it will last forever, just like every lip product. My one complain about it, though, is the stickiness of the product after you apply. I just fixed that my applying a moisturizer on top, but I wish I didn't have to do that. This does last all night, though, and I will be using it quite regularly. 
 


Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser

$19.50 - 5 oz    ($3.90 Value)

Kiehl's has been newly on my radar as of late, and I received my first product of their in my curated March Birchbox. But, it's more than that. My friends have been posting their products, they've been all over YouTube, and I've been hearing great things. I really like this cream cleanser, and it makes my face feel completely clean without drying it out. Also, this is a pretty large sample, so it will last me a while, and it would also be ideal for travel. I love this so much, and I might have to switch over to this once I run out of my regular brand. Great product for me! I am completely impressed. 



Cargo Eye Shadow Duo in Beach & Bridge

$16.00 - 0.12 oz    ($13.33 Value)

This is another brand that I just love. My first item of theirs was a coral blush, and I use it all the time. This eye shadow duo contains a creamy gold and a shimmery dark mocha brown. I love both these colors a lot, and they work perfectly with my skin tone. I like that I can just wear the creamy gold for a quick all over look, or I could include the brown for a more smoky look. This duo would be perfect for travel, or even you go to quick look pallet. I keep a makeup kit in my car so I can meet up with friends straight from work, and this would be a perfect product to include. Also, this isn't a full size, since they don't sell these duos, but I'd much rather have these little tins than the palette anyways. 



PARLOR by Jeff Chasten Volumizing & Texturizing Shampoo & Conditioner

$22.00 each - 8 fl oz    ($3.88 Value)

Birchbox nailed it this month with getting my most loved beauty lines all together in one box. I am well aware of this line because of Birchbox, and I have loved everything they sent me. These products are super high end, they work really well as promised, and they also smell amazing. I have really flat, fine hair, so texturizing spray gives my hair the perfect amount of volume and movement. I also like that I can style it way easier, since my normal hair is super silky. This product didn't exactly give me the same results as a texturizing spray, but I did notice that my hair had a lot my volume and styling power than normal. I really like this shampoo, and I might even buy the full size item. I just wish that the conditioner were the same size.



Cartier Zeste de Soleil Eau de Toilette

$67.00 - 50 ml    ($2.01 Value)

Unlike most people, I really enjoy receiving samples of perfume in my subscription boxes. I always like trying new scents, and it is way easier to really get a good sense of the perfume on your own skin without having to try on many of them in the department store and not remembering which is which. Also, since I haven't been able to find a perfume that I absolutely love, it is great to try a new one out every once in a while. This is one that I like, but unfortunately, I'm not in love. It is really fresh, and exotic, and reminds me of Spring Break, so this would be something I'd be able to wear all Spring. With mostly passion fruit notes and a dash of mint, this scent will get your mind in gear for Summer. I wouldn't purchase this full item, but I am happy with this sample, and I will be getting good use out of it this time of year. 


I am pretty happy with this month's box, and it is getting me in gear for Spring. That eye shadow is natural with a tropical vibe, and I love the facial cleanser. The shampoo and conditioner gave me effortless, beachy hair, and the perfume smells like something I could wear to a beach party. Also, the lip stain gives the perfect red lip, without the noticeable weight of lipstick. This month's box was a win, win, win! I will be use everything, and it all worked well with my skin, hair, and easy going look. This month's box has a value of $25.39. That is pretty normal for Birchbox, and isn't crazy good, but it isn't disappointing either. I don't love Birchbox for the value, but instead for the quality and perfectly matched products for me. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. I absolutely love this subscription box, and I look forward to it each and every month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment