Sunday, March 20, 2016

PopSugar Must Have March 2016 Review

Once again, I have received another PopSugar Must Have box, and this one again for the month of March. The very first box was for March, and while I did like it, I didn't love it, plus the price is a little high, so I've been saving these as a treat. This particular time, I fell in love with one of the spoilers, so I decided to splurge once again. PopSugar is a monthly subscription box that delivers full size or deluxe sample side items from categories like fashion, beauty, home, fitness, books and food. Every month you will receive an item from most all of those categories. It costs $39.95, so it isn't cheap, but it always has a value over $100, so you get your money's worth. 


Each month comes with an itemized description pamphlet. These are nice to really understand the product, how they suggest you use it, and what it costs. I like to set these aside at first so I don't see any spoilers, but I will dig into it later after I've checked out each product. The items inside are usually great, but there is at least one item every month that I'm just not too thrilled about, but the good normally outweighs the bad, and I have absolutely loved some of the items before. Also, it is a special treat to yourself and the surprise each month is worth more than everything.  This month's inspirational words are Feminine, Refreshing, Vibrant, Daydreaming, and Illuminating. I can't wait to see what it has in store for me this month. 



Nanette Nanette Lepore Classic Rose Gold Watch

$55.00

This watch is hands down my favorite item I have ever received from a subscription box ever. It is feminine, classic, yet still trendy, and I think a watch is the best way to complete any outfit. I don't really wear too many accessories, either, but I've always been drawn to watches. While it is rose gold, it isn't too pink, which makes me happy. Also, the watch face is large, but sleek, which does a good job of being feminine without being too girly. I honestly couldn't have found a watch I like more on my own, so I can't tell you how happy I am about this item. Also, the value of the watch is more than the cost of the box alone, so this is a winning item in my book. 




Pixi by Petra Book of Beauty Minimal Makeup

$24.00 

I've always thought of Pixi being a cheap brand, but this palette proves that to be incorrect. It may be affordable, but the makeup itself is high quality. It is medium pigmented, which I like the best, because I don't like my makeup to be too noticeable, but I also like it to be quick and easy. This medium pigment allows me to apply once and be done. Since this is a minimal makeup palette, it is also perfect for me. I like natural toned colors on my face to highlight features instead of drawing attention to the color alone. Two of the colors are just a little dark for me, but I otherwise really like this. I have a feeling a lot of subscribers are going to feel the same way. 




Miss Ivy Pearl Five Tassel Necklace

$38.00  

I do like statement jewelry, but this tassel necklace is just not my style. The colors are very springy, but I really feel like the tassel look is outdated, and this crafty styled necklace looks homemade. I don't know why PopSugar included this in the box. I think my mom may be happier with this piece, which isn't exactly PopSugar's target market. I'd pass this along to my sister, but I really don't even think she'd be happy with it. Instead, maybe I'll donate it, or put it in my families garage sale. This is a complete miss for me. 




Govino Go-Anywhere Carafe and Water Glass Set

$14.95

PopSugar loves this brand, and I guess I can say that I do too. It is really affordable, but that is also because these pieces are plastic. I could see myself using this as a wine carafe to really open it up before we drink it, or I could put in the guest bedroom to make an extra special touch for any visitor. If you don't see yourself using it for either of those things, the cup could be a simple water glass, and the carafe could be made into a vase. I like this item, because it is something that I don't think I would ever purchase for myself, but I really like it, I will use it, and I'm happy to have it. Now, I just have to find storage somewhere in my overstocked, small kitchen.




Hello Extra Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste in Pure Mint

$4.49 - 4.2 oz

I've been able to sample this product before, without the whitening additives, and I was pretty impressed how well an all natural toothpaste could work. This toothpastes flavor is pretty good, makes breath fresh, but isn't too harsh. Also, this full size tube will last this household of two at least a month. I like this item, because it is probably a new discovery for most, it is practical, so everyone will use it, but it also has whitening abilities, so it will create a new, white smile. That is number two in my must have book after great skin tone. Also, I feel totally sheik using this toothpaste, so I can start the day on a great note. 



Goodie Girl Cookies in Toffee Chaos

$4.99 - 6 oz

I am usually pretty excited about the food item in each month's box, but these don't appeal to me. I do like cookies, but toffee isn't my flavor of choice, and these seem to by too crispy, while I prefer chewy. These tasted alright for me, but if I am going to splurge on sweets, I am going to like it. I bet these would be better with coffee, and maybe I will just need something sweet in the house, and these will be the only thing available. Otherwise, they might just go uneaten. I don't even think my boyfriend will like these. 



My Lola First Box Free Coupon

$10.00

These coupons usually mean that you have to spend money in order to use the coupon, but this offers your first box of tampons completely free, including shipping. These tampons are all natural, and they even like you assort your box on your own. That means you can choose all light, all medium, all heavy, or an assortment of the three. And that is down to a single digit. You could get 4, 8, and 18 if you like. But, you have to remember to cancel. This is a subscription, and if you don't cancel, and new one will be coming in the mail. I guess that wouldn't be the worse thing if you really enjoy them. I like this item, because it is again very practical, but it may be a new brand that you really love. 



Overall, this is on the better side for all the boxes I've received in the past. Like a top five! I may hate the necklace, and the cookies aren't my taste, which isn't their fault, but I LOVE the watch, the palette is perfect for my skin, the carafe is fun, and the toothpaste and tampons are so practical. This box has a value of $151.43. That is really great for a $40 box. I like that the items are very springy and go pretty well the themes. I do not know where the Daydreaming theme goes or what that is about, but everything else fits perfect. 


If you would like to try PopSugar Must Have for yourself, just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment