Sunday, March 6, 2016

Birchbox March 2016 Review - Ready for Anything

My Birchbox is here and much earlier than I've ever seen. I did order this featured box in addition to my regular birchbox, so I am guessing that is why. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that offers at least five beauty samples and sometimes full size items curated just for you and delivered right to your door. You get all that for only $10 a month. Plus, if you review the items, you get a dollar back for each one to spend in their shop on full size products. I love this subscription box, and I've found some great items that I just cannot live without. 


Each month, Birchbox sends out a different patterned box to go along with the theme. I really enjoy these boxes, and I've absolutely loved some of the patterns. You can use them to decorate you home, to organize all your samples, or really how ever you like. This one isn't my favorite or my least favorite. I won't be putting this particular one on display, but I will be more than happy to organize more of my samples with this.


This month's curated box is put together by Birchbox themselves. Usually, they will have a guest pull together the samples and the theme, but Birchbox is all on it on their own. This month's theme is Ready for Anything. It is all about having a small kit of products that will help you transform from day to night or even get ready in a flash. So, when your friends invite you to a pop up concert, or you're short on time, these items will make sure that you are ready for anything. 




Wilma Schumann Skincare Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads

$18.00 - 5 pairs    ($3.6 Value)

I am starting to develop fine lines, wrinkles, and puffiness around my eyes, so it is great to find a product that tackles all three. Collagen is the cure all ingredient to stop your face from aging, but will also reverse the wrinkles and aging that has happened from all those years of living your life. These take about twenty minutes to work, so they are the perfect product to use on a at home spa or your relaxing Sunday. I have yet to try these out, because I am waiting for a time that my eyes need some extra TLC, but I am excited to see how well they work. 



Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshadow Trio in Filter

$28.00 - 0.09 oz    ($12.44 Value)

I know that many people are absolutely in love with the Smashbox brand, but it doesn't sell to me like many others. I do look at it as a higher end brand, and I do think it is higher quality, but it has never been my favorite or go to brand. This trio palette is the perfect three colors that you would ever need to create the basic eyeshadow look. They don't have a shimmer either, so this trio is perfect for a more natural look. I like the two lightest colors, but the dark isn't something that I would wear too often. The pigmentation is really nice too. I think that everyone will be obsessed with this trio, but I'm not everybody, and it just isn't my favorite. I will keep it in with my other shadows, but another palette will make my emergency kit. 



Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream 

$27.50 - 1.7 oz    ($4.04 Value)

Everyone has been obsessed with Kiehl's line lately, and while I've known about it for a while, I have yet to try any of their products. I am a huge fan of face cream, and I use it every single day. This cream was the perfect weight, and it completely moisturized my skin without being too heavy. I also liked how it settled into my skin. I've used creams before that just laid onto without really soaking in. I am a fan of this cream, and I will use up this entire sample. I hope that Birchbox starts including more of their products in my monthly boxes. If not, I might have to splurge on some of their items. 



PARLOR by Jeff Chasten Smoothing Blowout Spray

$24.00 - 4.9 fl oz    ($4.90 Value)

I actually don't own a blowout spray, and I've recently considered buying one to help protect my hair from heat. This doesn't only save your hair from heat, but it also adds volume and luster. I am a huge fan of Jeff Chastain products, and they all smell amazing. This spritzer was a little difficult to get product evenly in my hair, but I did notice a great amount of difference in my hair with volume and shine. This product is a miracle spray, and I absolutely love it, but I wish it were a little cheaper. I am going to use every last drop of this sample, and maybe I will splurge on the full size product. 



MILK Studios Lip Color in C.R.E.A.M.

$22.00 - 0.01 oz    ($3.08 Value)

This may be a tiny, tiny sample, but I am really excited to give this a try. This is a brand new product in the Birchbox shop, and every color is already sold out. I can totally see why, too. This lipstick's formula is amazing. It is creamy, so it leaves a nice medium coverage, it is moisturizing, so it doesn't leave your lips flaky, and it lasts all day. I was surprised to see this still on my lips hours after putting it on. Also, the matte finish is completely in style, and I feel great in the color. It is "nude" which is completely true for my lips. It almost matches my lip color, but it makes them look fuller and gives me a more polished look. I really love this lipstick and I have been wearing it every single day since I received it. This is a tiny sample, but I know it will last me a lot longer than I think. Hopefully it will be back in stock when I run out. 


This curated box is really everything that you need to pull it together in no time. I am really in love with the blowout spray, face cream, and lipstick. Those collagen eye patches are awesome, and they will be used the minute I notice some slouch under my eyes. The eyeshadow trio is just ok, which I am sure I am the only one who is going to say that, but that brand just isn't for me. This month's box has a value of $28.06, which is pretty great for only spending $10. Sometimes Birchbox has an amazing value, but this is pretty normal for their boxes. I am alright with this, because I love most of the items from this box, and they will all get used, so the value is even higher for me. I can't wait to see what Birchbox has in store for me next month. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is my favorite box every month because I always receive items that I love, and it is a great value. 

No comments:

Post a Comment