Saturday, March 19, 2016

BoxyCharm March 2016 Review - Sweet Treats

My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of March, and I am excited to check out all the new products they have in store for me. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that offers at least four full size beauty products delivered to your door for only $21 a month. Also, it always has an insane value, and the products are usually high end and perfect additions to your beauty routine. I am really excited for lighter and brighter products that come with Spring, so I hope this month is full items to get me ready for this new season. 


This month's theme is Sweet Treats. Easter is just around the corner, and the boarder reminds me of the jelly beans that come in your Easter basket each year. It says that sugar is sweet, but this box is sweeter, so I hope that box is full of items that I can wear and use around this holiday. I am thinking pastel candy colored makeup and sweet smelling perfume. BoxyCharm does a really great job of matching the products with the theme, so I know I am in store for some great new items. 



Clark's Botanicals Anti-Puff Eye Cream

$87.00 - 0.5 fl oz

OMG! This one product is four times the cost of the box. The product tackles puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines. Also, this isn't just for under eyes. They recommend using this on forehead creases and fine lines. This is great news, because I have so many under eye creams, but my biggest problems are those early wrinkles around my mouth, on my forehead and under my eyes. I really hope this product works, because I now have plenty of it, and for the price, I would expect it to be legit. I love this product, and the value is insane. I am really happy with this box already. 




$6.00 each - 1.8 g


I have never heard of the makeup brand Makeup Geek, but from what I can tell, it is has cool and high quality products. These eyeshadows are highly pigmented, and I mean HIGHLY PIGMENTED! I have never seen eyeshadow this pigmented. For me, these colors are just a little too warm. I have cool skin, so I could picture these colors working better for tan people. Also, these pans are meant to be put into a magnetic palette, which I do not have, but I could also just use these out of the paper case. I do like this product, but I only like the colors. I will throw these in with my other colors, but I probably won't reach for them that often. I am happy with these anyways. I hope we get more products from makeup geek in the future. 




$18.00 - 0.09 oz

I am really excited about this product. I actually own some of Chella's other eyebrow products, and they are the first things I pull out of my makeup bag when I do my brows. At first, I thought this color might be too dark for my blonde eyebrows, but this actually was only a little darker than my natural color, which really fills them out and shows them off. Also, the little tip that you never have to sharpen makes the perfect small lines that can appear to be your own eyebrow hair. I love this pencil, and just like all my other Chella eyebrow products, I will be pulling this out of my bag over and over again. This is another great product in this month's box. Also, full size!!!




$16.00

While I do enjoy receiving makeup brushes in tools in my subscription boxes, unfortunately this one is just not for me. I have absolutely loved and continue to use some of my brushes from this box, but I just don't contour my face. I guess I could use this with my highlighter, but I don't really wear it too often. While this may not be for me, the brush itself is high quality, and it is vegan and cruelty-free. I think these are pretty high quality, and it is nice to receive a variation of brushes. I think I will keep this brush and see how it works into my beauty routine. If I don't end up using it, I will declutter it later. 




$20.00 - 0.3 fl oz

I love trying out new perfumes, and I really like to wear different scents by my mood. It is newly spring, so I am ready to wear lighter and fruitier scents. This perfume has notes of ruby red grapefruit, nacho pear, orange blossom, and gardenia. This smells so great, and I love that it is elegant, but still light enough for spring. I could definitely picture myself wearing this at a cafe in Paris during these transition months, or even a coffee shop in my own neighborhood. Heck, I will probably wear this tomorrow for brunch. While I wouldn't normally go for this scent, I really enjoy it, and I will be wearing it all spring long. Plus, it is the perfect size to use up before it goes bad. 


Overall, I really enjoy this month's bag. While two of the products aren't my favorite, they will probably go to use. Also, I absolutely love that wrinkle cream, the eyebrow pencil, and the perfume. This has a crazy value of $153. This box only cost $21, so that is eight times the cost. This box usually has an insane value, but this is just crazy. I really like BoxyCharm, and I am glad that I'm a subscriber. Plus, for every item that you don't love, they would make great gifts for one of your friends or someone in your family. I am sure they would be happy for the sweet surprise. 


 If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to stock up your makeup kit and find new products that you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment