Saturday, March 19, 2016

Ipsy Glambag March 2016 Review - Hello Spring

Yea! My Ipsy Glambag is here for the month of March, and with Spring in the air, I am looking forward to lighter products and pretty pastels to beat the winter blues. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that delivers five sample and full size beauty products in a specially curated makeup bag for only $10. I really like Ipsy because it is so affordable and it always has a great value, but sometimes I'm not loving all the products, but I haven't disliked a bag enough to cancel. I do like this subscription, and I am excited to see what items are inside. 


This month's theme is Hello Spring. I think that this is the perfect theme for this moment. As soon as the weather starts to turn warm, everyone is excited to get back outside, and there is always a new spark of happiness in the air. So, Ipsy's products don't usually go with the theme, but this theme could be a little different. One thing that is always true, Ipsy's makeup bag always goes with the theme, and this one is really cute. The spring colors are really cute, and the rose print is perfect for this new awakening season. Hopefully these products inside will go along with the theme for once. 



NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in 

$7.00 - 0.13 oz    (Full Size!)

I do really enjoy this brand, but this product just isn't for me. I am not surprised that there is an item that I don't love, because I've never been smitten with the entire bag, so I'm glad it's a product that I can easily pass along. While this lip color is not for me, it is a great color for early spring, and it could be the perfect amount of color to add to your winter wardrobe. Also, this is a full size item, which really adds to the value of the box. I don't want to try this out, because I'd rather pass it along sealed, but I'd be interested in trying out the suede lipstick in a different color. 



Mellow Cosmetics Powder Blush in Bronze

$10.00 - 0.16 oz    (Full Size!)

When I read this was a blush, I was really confused, but the color is bronze, so I am pretty sure this is really a bronzer. Since many people haven't seen the sun in a few months, it is great to create that sun kissed look with makeup, so I think this product is perfect for spring. I am also really digging this color. It is bronze, but it is really light, so it would look more natural on your face. Also, it has a little bit of a pink hue, so I know that this will work perfectly with my skin tone. I do like bronzer, and I think it is a great and quick way to sculpt your face, but sometimes bronzer is a little too dark. This particular color won't be too dark, especially for spring. Also, it is another full size product. Yes!



Me me me Loose Powder Brush

$19.86

One thing I like about Ipsy, they often include beauty tools along with the makeup and skin care product, which I really like. On the other hand, they mostly send cheaper dupes that I already have, and usually a nicer one at that. This is a nicer tool, but since I have one that is more expensive, I will also be passing this item along. The bristles are really soft, though, and this brush is medium packed. I do like this, but since I don't need it I don't want to hoard. I can see a lot of Ipsy subscribers really enjoying this item. 



Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo

$12.00 - 1.8 oz    (Full Size!)

I am an almost daily user of dry shampoo, so this product is perfect for me. Even though that may be the case, I've already gone through a full bottle of this, and it isn't my favorite. It does work, but it takes a lot, and my hair is still slightly greasy. I think this is perfect for when I want to add some texture in my hair when making the transition from work to bar. I also like the nice light, fresh scent. Everyone loves this product, and I am not sure why. I will use this up, though, because I use dry shampoo so often, but I will happily go back to my favorite dry shampoo afterwards. 



Nourish Organic Rosehip & Rosewater Body Oil

$19.99 - 3 fl oz    ($3.33 Value)

Lately, rosewater has been everywhere, and experts have said how great it has been for your skin. The ingredients in this product evens skin tone, helps maintain moisture, and smooths your skins texture. I rubbed this over my skin, and it did feel nice and smooth. I didn't notice any quick improvement in my tone, but I'm sure that would improve with continuous use. I did notice some improvement with my skin texture though. My one complaint with this sample is that it is not a spritzer like the full size bottle. That would be much more ideal for the product. I do like it though, and am excited to use it. 


Overall, I like this month's bag, but it is far from one of my favorites. This is pretty normal for Ipsy. I am in love with the bronzer, and the body oil is a product I am excited to use. The dry shampoo will definitely get used up. I also like that the products actually went well with the theme for once, which makes the bag a little more special. I like the brush, but since I have a better one, this one will go to a friend. Same thing with the lipstick. It is just not my color. One thing I can say about this month's bag is the value. I estimate it to be worth $52.19, and that doesn't even include the makeup bag. That is impressive, especially for a $10 subscription. That is always amazing. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great gift for yourself or a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment