Sunday, June 12, 2016

Target Beauty Box June 2016 Review - Sun Kissed

I've ordered yet another Target Beauty Box, and this time I was able to order it before it sold out. Target Beauty Box isn't exactly a subscription, but you have to purchase one each time they go on sale. Last month, they sold out before 8am pacific time, so I wasn't able to swoop one up, but this time I was sure to order early. These boxes range in price from $5 to $10 depending on the value. This box was on the higher end at $10, but that means the value is higher than normal too. From my first look, it appears to be packed full of great items, so I can't wait to see what is in store for me. 


Every box comes with a detailed card explaining each product with a quick sentence or two. This is really nice since it helps explain the products that are completely new to me or why this particular product is different from the rest. I wish it also listed price and maybe a tip, but at least they have this at all. Each box also comes with a coupon for $3 off $15 spent at target in the beauty section. I have yet to use this coupon before, but I always throw it in my purse just in case.  





Pantene Expert Intense Hydration Shampoo 


$4.99 - 9.6 oz    ($2.08 Value)

Normally, when you receive shampoo samples, they are one use foils or two use tubes. This sample is almost half the regular size, and the largest sample shampoo I've ever seen. I've used Pantene plenty of times in the past, but this is the first time I've used this intense moisture line. I didn't notice any huge difference with moisture in my hair, but this shampoo did leave my hair feeling clean, soft, and silky. Also, I love the smell, and it stayed with my hair all day. I really liked this product, and I may purchase it the next time I need shampoo. Also, this size bottle is the perfect item to travel with for long trips where the smaller bottles just won't cut it. 




$8.99 - 10.3 oz    ($2.80 Value)

SheaMoisture is a brand that I've learned to love through Target, so I am pretty excited to see another product of theirs in this month's box. Even though we didn't get the matching conditioner to the Pantene shampoo, I am glad we received a conditioner to go along since I hate running out of one and not the other. This weightless creme rinse did leave my hair with a bit more volume than I am used to, and I always need help with that. I had to use a little more than normal though to get the tangles out, but otherwise this worked perfectly.  




$12.00 - 0.2 oz    ($1.80 Value)

Pixi has always been a cheaper brand in my eyes, but this eyeshadow could hold up next to the best. These colors are perfect for me, and they are subtle but can still create some major drama. I like these mini palettes because I can't figure out how to use that many colors together, and these two go together perfectly. It looks like this originally came in bubble wrap to prevent from any breakage, but this actually arrived outside of the bubble wrap on broke. This is a little bit of a bummer, but I just pressed it back in and will totally be able to use it. I would feel safe even throwing this into my travel bag for more moving around. 




$35.00 - 60 ml    ($5.83 Value)

This is such a high quality product, and it is something that I could easily incorporate into my daily routine. This is definitely a high end brand for target, and this is also a brand that I have grown to love. This is summer, so I don't need moisture as much, but the sun does dehydrate your skin, so this is the perfect serum to use after a long day at the beach. I could definitely feel the added moisture right away, and it left my skin feeling soft and silky. I could see myself wearing this day or night since it is so light. I really like this serum, but I don't think I would purchase the full size product, because it is a little too expensive for me. 




$24.49 - 3 oz    ($0.20 Value)

This isn't the first time I've been able to sample this exfoliant since Target Beauty Box has included it before, but I am definitely not disappointed in receiving another sample. This product is all completely natural and made from ingredients that you can find in your kitchen. Thy say not to put products on your body that you can't eat, so this is a good example of edible beauty products. This surprisingly made my face feel really clean and even helped take care of some of my acne. I really like this product, but since it is so easy to make on my own, I would probably do that instead of purchasing this product. I think that homemade concoction would be a great gift.




$14.99 - 0.51 oz    ($1.76 Value)

I have heard a lot of negative reviews about this product since it leaves your skin really dewey and greasy. People have claimed the need to wash their face after applying this. Still, though, I've been dying to try this out, but I didn't want to wear it to work just in case it was as terrible as everyone has claimed. First off, this does create some great coverage. I could see it quickly cover up all of my flaws. I do understand their claims, though. It did make my skin greasier than before I put on this makeup, and the glow made me look dirty instead of luminous. I definitely prefer a matte skin, especially during these hot months where the weather will make it greasy on it's own. I am glad I had to sample to try out this product, because it saved me from purchasing the full size product. 




$20.49 - 1.7 oz    ($6.03 Value)

This is the kind of product that makes me love the Target Beauty Box so much. This isn't a full size, but it is pretty large, and it will last me a while. I am so used to face lotions to this caliber for night only since it will help cure your face while you sleep, but this will help fill fine lines and tighten skin during the day. I am all for this since I put lotion on my face daily just as much as nightly, and I could use it all day. This is a cream on the thicker side, too, which I love, yet it still rubs in perfectly. I am a big fan of this product, and will use every last drop. 




$15.00 - 10.1 fl oz    ($0.49 Value)

I've actually heard about this body butter from some YouTubers, and I always wanted to try. This body butter is super creamy and leaves my skin super soft and silky. Also, it smells so good. I know that this will cure skin over time, but this sample won't even cover my entire body, so it isn't exactly the best example. After this sample, I would consider purchasing the full size tub. Also, I am super pumped to know it is now available at target. 




$2.99 - 10 wipes    (Full Size!)

This is a brand and a product that I know and love, and I would easily purchase these over and over. These facial towelettes are the perfect product to clean your face when a sink just isn't available or to wash off that makeup after a long night when your normal routine is just too much work. Also, since this is mostly organic, I don't feel terrible about putting this on my face. This pack of 10 is perfect for travel or throwing in your gym bag. Normally, these facial wipes leave a film on my face that doesn't leave my face completely clean, but these leave my completely clear. I love these wipes so much, and I am super happy to have even more to use. 




$19.99 - 1.5 oz    ($4.65 Value)

I am super surprised to see this brand at Target, but should I be? Target has increasingly carried higher end brands that are loved my many. This makeup sunscreen is the perfect product for summer as it is super important to wear sunscreen and the light makeup won't leave a bunch of weight on your face that will just end up getting sweat off. I will say this doesn't have the best coverage, but it does serve as the perfect base. I will be wearing this daily all summer long, and I could definitely see myself purchasing the full size product when this runs out. 




$2.00 - 0.15 oz    (Full Size)

This product is absolutely perfect for me. Lip color tends to dry out my lips, so while it is ideal, I don't always use get a product that leaves my lips as moist they were before I put anything on them. I was expecting this color to be a lot deeper, but it ended up being pretty sheer. I am sure a lot of people wouldn't like that too much, but I am a big fan of the light color. Also, this felt like the perfect chapstick on my lips that lasted forever. I love this product so much, and it is so affordable. This is definitely my favorite find of the entire box!


Overall, I am really happy with this month's box. I will use absolutely everything in this box, and I discovered some new brand that I love and rediscovered some favorites. The only product that I don't think will get used up is the luminzer, but it is a one use sample anyways, and I am glad I was able to try it before I bought it. This box has a value of $30.63, which is a little low for a $10 box and really the only thing that is a little disappointing. It is plenty over the price, though, and since I will use everything, it is well worth the cost. 


If you would like to to try out Target Beauty box for yourself, you really have to pay attention to when they go on sale, because they go on sale pretty darn quickly. But, they are well worth the energy, because everything inside is great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment