Sunday, March 12, 2017

BarkBox February 2017 Review - Greetings From My Sniffing' Safari

Yea! My dog’s BarkBox has arrived for the month of February, and while he doesn’t really “need” any toys or treats, I just love to spoil him. Barkbox is a monthly subscription box that delivers two toys and three treats (bags mostly) to your door for $29 a month. If you choose to go with a longer subscription, as I do, they can cost as low at $21. I used a deal, so I actually spend about $18.75 per box, and at that price, I get much more value than I could if I purchased these items at the store. This box has the cutest toys, the best themes, and natural treats, so I can highly recommend it to everyone.


As I mentioned before, BarkBox has a new theme every month. This month’s theme is Greetings from my Sniffin’ Safari. Last month’s theme was travel, so I think we are going to  a different location each and every month. First stop, Africa. I think this month will be full of exotic animals rather it be the shape of the toy or the meat of the treat. I am a little bummed about not getting the normal Valentine’s theme items, but they’ve done that year after year, so I couldn’t be more excited about this year of adventure. Let’s see what my dog has in store for him this month.




$8.00 - 5 oz

When I think banana’s I think of an island, but the packaging sell these as if they’ll take you on a safari. These super soft cookies are made with all natural ingredients and actually smell like bananas. Since they are soft, they aren’t too tough on your dog’s jaw or teeth, so these would be great for aging dogs. Also, since they have to chew their way through these, they take a little longer to eat than some of the smaller cookies. I think these are a great treat for indoors, when your dog deserves a little extra love. Ever since I gave him one, he has been begging me for more too, so he really likes them.




$8.00

I definitely expected some safari animal toys, so this vest is unexpected, yet so clever. The double lined vest is layered with crinkle plastic that will get your dog excited to chomp. This could easily turn into a tosh toy or a tug toy, depending on your dog’s strength. This vest also has some fun detail, which always is delivered by Barkbox and their products. It actually opens up to, so you can dress another one of your dog’s toys if you wish. This is a great way to start of this month’s safari, and my dog is already having a great time.



Crumps' naturals Semi-Moist Chicken Mini Trainers

$8.00 - 4.2 oz

I am always impressed with the variety of products in each box. These meaty treats are basically opposite of the other bag of treats we’ve received in this month’s box. These treats are again made with all natural ingredients, so you can feel good about giving them to your dog. But, unlike the other treats, these are smaller and therefore quick, which make the perfect snack for training or to bring with you for potty time or going for a walk. I think I will bring these with me for weekend hikes or to teach my dog a new trick. They would be ideal to take on a safari as well. I am very happy with this item!




$12.00

This is MY favorite toy from this box for a long time, and my dog is obsessed. He brings this guy with him everywhere obsessed. This cute hippo has a soft head, while his body is filled with a spikey ball, so it creates a bounce and an extra sturdiness to the toy. It also helps him grip it a little better. The best part, his tail it a rope, so this cute guy can also be a tug. Honestly, this is the ideal toy for my dog, and he likes to toss, chew, and tug all with the same toy, and he won’t have to ever put this one down. Also, he normally like to tear holes in his toys, but he is keeping this one nice. I think he wants it to last. So cute!



Superior Farms Lamb Nik-Knacks Chews

$4.00 - 1 ear

BarkBox likes to include one rawhide or jerky stick in each box, and this time around we got a pig’s ear. I am not the biggest fan of these, since I don’t like knowing what it is by its appearance, but my dog sure loves them. I wouldn’t personally pay $4 for one of these, but I would pay half that, and I know that since it came from BarkBox, it is most likely healthier than those that I would get from the store. I do appreciate the little extra, and how it rounds out the box. It is seriously everything you need for a month with your dog. I will have to give this to him right away so I don’t have to look at it any longer.



Overall, this is such a great box. Like I said before, it is so well rounded, and I appreciate the quality of the toys and treats. The hippo is my absolute favorite, and those banana treats smell good enough for me to eat. The vest, training treats, and rawhide are all nice as well. This month’s box has a value of $40. I only spend about $19 on this box, so that is a great deal. Also, I couldn’t get all of these items at the store for less than that, so I am happy with the cost and value. I loved our first stop to a safari, and I can’t wait to see where we are going next month.


If you would like to try BarkBox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat you favorite fur baby with some extra love (and treats!).

No comments:

Post a Comment