Sunday, June 4, 2017

Birchbox May 2017 Review - Low Effort High Impact

Yeah! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of May, and I am pretty darn excited to see what is inside. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five beauty samples (and sometimes a full size product) to your door for only $10. The items range from hair, nails, makeup, skincare, and perfume, so you will get a wide range. This box doesn't always have an incredible value, but the products are usually so amazing, the value doesn't matter. 


This month's theme is "Low Effort, High Impact." This month's products are all about giving your look an added touch without much work. They will help you streamline your routine with big impact. I have been loving Birchbox's theme lately, because they have been focusing on making your beauty routine easier and more streamline. I am hoping for some two-in-one or even three-in-one products, or possibly some that will simplify my look. I can't wait to see what is inside. 



Living Proof. Perfect Hair Day In-Shower Styler

$24.00 - 5 oz    ($4.80 Value)

I am a daily air dryer, but that means my hair is usually flat and lifeless. I normally don't style it either, because it is mostly damp when I leave the house, but this product will change everything. While your hair is still damp after washing, apply this through the length of your hair, and let it transform your strands. Your hair will dry without flyaways, with more volume, and so much texture. Plus, it will look so natural and like there isn't any product in it at all. I absolutely love this product and didn't know I needed it until now. Such a great start to this month's box.



M.A.C Cosmetics Strobe Cream

$33.00 - 1.7 fl oz    ($3.88 Value)

Now that summer is right around the corner, I want to add a little bit of luminous shine to my face. This strobe cream is a multi-use blend that can be used as a moisturizer under your makeup, a topical cream for a touch more glow, or a focused radiance on your cheeks or chest. Personally, I will most likely use this alone for low maintenance days or nights when I still want to glow without packing on the products. I didn't think I would really care for this product, but it impressed me quite a bit. I love this radiant look for summer, and I will be rocking it until fall weather hits. 



The Beauty Crop Fabulous Flocking Lashes Mascara

$22.00 - 0.71 oz    ($4.34 Value)

This may be the cutest mascara packaging I have ever seen, and the name is the cherry on top, but this mascara just doesn't cut it for me. The brush is very basic and reminds me of my mom's Covergirl mascara from the 90's. Also, the formula just isn't the best. It promises to lengthen and thicken your lashes, but it doesn't really improve the look of my lashes at all. Also, it crumbled off before the day was over. I am not a huge fan of this mascara, and since I have so many other brands I love, this one is just not for me. 



Vita Liberata Fabulous Self Tanning Gradual Lotion

$30.00 - 6.76 fl oz    ($7.50 Value)

I have used a few self tanners in the past, but they always leave a streaky tan or make my skin look a little too orange. This gradual self tanner lotion not only gives your skin a natural glow, but it also nourishes, hydrates, and conditions your skin. Also, the lotion is scent free and tint free, so no one will know you just used the product. The gradual tan gives your skin a more natural look, and it only takes four to eight hours, so you won't be waiting too long. This sample is quite large, so it will give me a few uses. I love this product, and I will be happy to show off my tan all summer long.



CLEAN Reserve Rain Eau de Parfum

$95.00 - 3.4 oz    ($1.40 Value)

This perfume by Clean brings the lovely aroma that comes with rainfall to your skin. With notes of patchouli and bergamot, this scent is both rich and refreshing while still taking you to nature with each sniff. I would much prefer this perfume in an April box, since it rains much more often then, but I love this scent so much that I could wear it any time of the year. I think it would be ideal for those chilly weekends indoors or a relaxing afternoon while curled up with a book.



Overall, this box was pretty darn good. I love the in shower styler because it simplifies my routine and gives my hair a great look. The gradual tan is a new favorite as well. I am really excited about the strobe cream, because it will give my skin a healthy look without much effort, and the perfume definitely reminds me of a rainy day. I was really happy about the size of that mascara, but it just doesn't work that well, so this will be the only product I don't use. This month's box has a value of $21.92 which is fine for a $10 box, but since I wasn't expecting a whole lot, this doesn't take away from my expectations. Birchbox always impresses me, and I can't wait to see what next month has in store. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself with beauty products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment