Sunday, June 4, 2017

Target Beauty Box May 2017 Review - Hello Renewal

Yea! My Target Beauty Box has arrived for the month of May, and I can not wait to dig in to all these products. Target Beauty Box isn't really a subscription box, as you have to purchase them each separately, but like subscription boxes, they deliver a box of samples and some full size items around a theme at a great value. These boxes range from $5 to $10 depending on what's inside, and this one was at the high end at $10. I love Target and the brands they sell, so these boxes are always a treat. 


This month's theme is "Hello Renewal." We are well into the New Year, and it's time to reset. We may not have a whole lot of time to ourselves right now, but vacation season is right around the corner, and these products will help us refresh. Rather it be relaxing with an at home spa or renewing your hair or skin with a mask, these products will help us regroup and breath. I can't wait to try out each item.




Nexxus Therappe Humectress Shampoo & Conditioner

$11.99 / $11.59 - 13.5 oz    ($0.53 Value)

This many be just a small sample, but I am a huge fan of Nexxus shampoo and conditioner, and I am really excited to try out this specific formula. While the packaging is a little difficult to use, the product inside is amazing. The shampoo does a great job cleaning without stripping, and the conditioner leaves my hair super soft but not weighed down. I love this shampoo and conditioner, and I would definitely pick this up next time I need to restock. Target is already on track with products, but I hope the value goes up. 



ACURE Pore Clarifying Red Clay Mask

$14.99 - 1.75 oz    ($8.57 Value)

To me, this product is a triple win. I love the brand Acure, face masks are one of my favorite items to receive in subscription boxes, and clay masks do such a great job of removing toxins. This red clay mask not only draws out impurities, but it also tones as it hydrates. Clay masks usually leave your skin super dry, so it is nice to have one that hydrates your skin. I really enjoy this mask, but I do have one complaint. It does stain your towels when you remove it, but knowing this I will just use my older towels in the future. This is a great addition to this month's box. 



Nubian Heritage Coconut & Papaya Bath Bombs

$14.99 - 6 count    ($5.00 Value)

I love Lush, so I am very familiar with bath bombs, and I am happy to see they've gained popularity. These coconut and papaya bath bombs will transform your bath and give you that much needed break. Plus, the ingredients inside will help invigorate, hydrate, and soothe skin. Another great part, this smells amazing. I don't take many baths, but these bath bombs will definitely influence me to take a few more. It's a great excuse to take a minute to myself and relax.



Wet n Wild Megalast Matte Liquid Catsuit Lipstick in Nice to Fuchsia

$4.99 - 0.21 oz    (Full Size!)

I absolutely love that Target often includes full size makeup products in their boxes, because it not only ups the value, but it's a great way to try out a new product without having to purchase it on your own. While I do like fun makeup colors, this fuchsia is just not for me. I will say, I do like the matte color, and this product is so affordable, so I may just have to purchase it in a few other shades. 



Vichy Laboratoires Pore Purifying Clay Mask

$20.00 - 2.5 oz    ($3.68 Value)

While I do love receiving facial cleansers in my subscription box, clay cleansing masks are my absolute favorite. I love that they don't just clean my face, but they purify as well. They tend to dry out your face, but this one is is super sensitive, and does a great job clearing pores as well. While I have tried a few clay mask cleansers, this works slightly better than the rest, but I don't think it works that much better to spend that price tag.This sample is large enough for me to enjoy. 



Nexxus Vitall 8-in-1 Masque

$3.99 - 1.5 oz    (Full Size!)

Yeah! It's another Nexxus product, and this time it's a hair mask. This mask will help with eight of the most difficult hair issues. First, this mask with revitalize hair from daily styling and heat. It will also help strengthen, add body and shine, smooth and soften, and moisturize as it tackles frizz. I personally love how it will help revamp my natural color. I am pretty impressed with this masque, and I have even made sure to use it every few days. This foil packet is pretty large and quite full, so I am going to get more than a few uses of this item.   



Guess Dare Eau de Toilette

$34.99 - 1 fl oz    ($1.40 Value)

Summer is right around the corner, and the temperature has already heated up, so I am interested in wearing perfumes that get me in the mood for these hot summer months. This bottle is totally nineties with the denim and brass studs, so it is already grabbing my attention. It has top notes of kumquat, lemon blossom, and pear blossom, so it brings me right outdoors, while the bottom notes include wide rose and jasmine, which gives it a more grown up vibe. I could picture myself wearing this to a desert town enjoying drinks in the sun or going downtown to view art. I am definitely a fan. 



Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish

$13.99 - 10.1 oz    ($2.34 Value)

Once in a while Target sends an item that I haven't tried before, and I can no longer live without. I am already a fan of Soap & Glory for their great products and their support for female equality, so trying out another one of their products is already exciting for me. This scrub both moisturizes and cleanses as it scrubs away dead skin to leave your skin refreshed and renewed. While this scrub would be ideal to use before self tanning or baring it all, I personally love it for soft and healthy looking skin. Plus, it smells amazing. I am obsessed with this product, and I am definitely going to be purchasing over and over and over again. 



Overall, I am really happy with this month's box. There were so many products that I really enjoyed and I hadn't sampled before. That body polish is an instant favorite, while the two face masks and hair masque will definitely help renew my appearance. That shampoo and conditioner was nice to sample, and the bath bombs will help me relax. I really like the perfume too. The only product I probably won't use is the lipstick, because it isn't my color, but someone will enjoy it. This month's box has a value of $30.50. That is pretty great for a box that only cost me $10. Target always impresses me, and I know that next month won't be any different. 


If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, keep an eye out on their website the first (and sometimes last) Monday of the month. They sell out quickly, so grab them as soon as you see it on sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment