Saturday, June 10, 2017

Ipsy Glambag May 2017 Review - Summer Friday

Yea! My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of May, and with Summer right around the corner, I am hoping for some light and bright colors to get me in the mood or some skincare to protect me from the sun. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five beauty samples and full size products to your door in a makeup bag crafted around the monthly theme. The products range from hair, nails, skincare, makeup, and beauty tools, all for only $10. The value always reaches at least $30, but usually floats around $40 and $50, so you definitely get your money’s worth. This is such a great box for those who would love to try out different products at a great price, and I can’t wait to see what this month has in store.


First up, this makeup bag. They tend to stick with a simple rectangle pouch with a zip in different fabrics and prints, but this is so much different than the rest, and I am obsessed. This clear bag is printed with ice cream cones and popsicles, which isn’t just cute, but so fitting for this time of year. It is getting warm outside, and we all want to cool off with some treats. I am also loving the clear bag. This is perfect for organizing beauty products in your beach bag, or even to toss your carryon for your airplane safe sized products on your summer vacation. This month’s theme is Summer Friday, which I actually love. A lot of companies offer half days or full days off on Fridays all summer long to start your weekend just that much earlier. Summer Fridays make me think of lounging by the pool, or a weekend road trip. I hope these items will help me slow down and enjoy the weather since I’m not stuck in the office.




$35.00 - 1.4 oz    ($8.50 fl oz)

I am on the BB cream train, and I won't leave the house without it. I love how it moisturizes and gives my face some added coverage which is perfect under powder or just on it's own. This one includes SPF, so I won't have to worry about the sun as well. This BB cream covers more than most, and covers redness, acne, and even wrinkles. Plus, this sample is quite large, so it will last a few weeks. I wish this weren't so expensive, or I would for sure purchase this over and over. At this price, I may have to only use on special occasions. I am already quite smitten with this box. 




$26.00 - 0.23 oz    ($9.04 Value)

This is the season for highlighter, and I am so excited about this beautiful color. While this is sample size, the pan is quite large, and it is perfect for placing in your magnetic palette. It has a light shimmer, but isn't too noticeable, and it blends perfectly. I like this color for day, but I especially love this for night. The shade goes perfectly with darker or moodier makeup, and I could sport it to a night club or wine at the beach. This is another great product for this month's box, and it is going to get me perfectly ready for summer.  




$12.00 - 0.04 oz    ($9.00 Value)

I am just finding out, this has become a new cult favorite, and it is even difficult to find available in stores. As one of the lucky ones, I get to sample it, and this sample in particular will last me forever. It is super creamy and goes on so smoothly, I can see why people are obsessed. Also, this doesn't smudge, at all. I have tried so many eyeliners in my day, and this one takes the cake. The price is pretty amazing as well. As soon as it is available, I will be purchasing this over and over. Another great item. Way to go, Ipsy.




$13.00 - 0.127 oz    (Full Size!)

I am a big fan of Pacifica. Their products are natural and are still the highest quality. I already have a few of their eyeshadow palettes, and I tend to grab for them often, so I am excited to see this in this month's bag. These colors are a little dark for me, but so tropical, so they remind me of summer or a beach vacation. Most of their palettes are quite large, and this one is much more compact, so I'd be more likely to throw this in my bag for traveling. While these aren't my favorite colors, it is a color group that I don't already have, and it will make my face resemble the beauty summer weather. 




$23.00 - 17 fl oz    ($3.04 Value)

At first I was pretty bummed about this small lotion sample since it will go so quickly and receiving lotion just isn't that fun, but I am really excited about this product after trying it out. While it does seem cheap, the formula is really great, and this moisturized so well. I also like the soft, sweet scent. I am a fan of all natural products, and this item focuses on it's ingredients. While this sample would only be enough to cover my body maybe twice, it will be great to stick in my purse for dry elbows or hand cream, which I always need. This may have been a bust at firt, but it ended up being a product that I really love. 


Overall, I am really happy with this month's box. Ipsy has been disappointing me lately, and this month has really turned it around. I am obsessed with that BB cream and eyeliner. The highlighter will be perfect for all summer, and the palette will spruce up my eyes as well. The lotion is so nice as well. Plus, all these products screamed Summer! This month's bag has a value of $42.58, and that doesn't even count the price of the bag. That is amazing for a $10 subscription, and after these gems I am really excited about next month. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself or your loved ones with a variety or brands and products at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment