Sunday, June 4, 2017

BarkBox April 2017 Review - New York City

My dog is going to be excited, because his BarkBox has arrived for the month of April. BarkBox is a monthly subscription box for that furry child in your life. For only $29 a month, this box delivers toys and treats to any size dog around a monthly theme. They offer this box for large, medium, and small dogs, so you and your dog will both be happy. Also, everything is such high quality, you really get your monies worth. 


This year, BarkBox is going around the world and each month is a new stop. This month's stop is in New York City. It is the best city in the world, so I have high standards for this box. Unlike many other stops on this trip, I've been to New York City and I know it has a lot to offer. I am hoping for some cute building related toys and possibly bagel or apple treats. I (and my dog) can't wait to see what is inside. 




$8.00 - 5 oz

My dog is going to love these small jerky chews as they are soft and meat flavored, and I love them because they are the perfect quick treat to reward my dog on the run. It is so amazing that BarkBox can even find treats that go along with the theme, and the duck flavor always reminds me of New York. These treats are perfect for packing on a hike or training your old dog a new trick. I like to give these to my dog after outdoor bathroom trips or just because. He's definitely a spoiled dog.




$16.00

While I don't automatically think of Chinatown and dumplings when I think of New York, I know it is a integral part of the city. Plus, it wouldn't be New York without a takeout item in this box. these dumplings come in a takeout box that velcros shut, so it will be fun and a little difficult to get them out. The dumplings have a squeaker inside, so it is an added treat once my dog finally fishes them out. I like that this toy is a two-in-one, and my dog loves playing with this toy both ways. I have also stored a treat inside to really peak his interest.




$7.00 - 4 oz

I appreciate that these are named "Best Treats Ever!," because they really are to my dog. He loves jerky strips, and he has become absolutely obsessed with these turkey and duck flavored treats. These are perfect for rewarding after good behavior on a long walk or after a long line of well performed tricks. I like a mixture of treats that are gone in one chew and treats that take a little longer to ingest so I can reward him accordingly. Plus, the ingredients are all natural, so I won't feel bad feeding them to my dog. 




$10.00

My dog is a fan of these clothed balls, and this one is so cute. Of course they had to include Lady Liberty in this New York box, as she is the United States most famous monument. I personally appreciate this toy, because even if he chews off the fabric portion of the ball, the toy will still be usable. I love that this toy is soft enough to use indoors, and it has quickly become my dog's favorite. Now he can play ball outside and inside. 




$3.00

I love that BarkBox includes these single bone treats in their box, as I never want to splurge on them since they go so quickly, but my dog enjoys them so much. This bone is quite large, and crunchy, so while it won't last too long, but it will keep your dog chewing for a few minutes. I wouldn't give this to your dog on carpet, as it gets everywhere, but I am sure my dog would want me to give this to him everywhere as he enjoyed is so much. This doesn't add much value to the box, but it adds quite a bit of joy. 


Overall, this box is pretty great. It isn't my favorite destination of this trip, but I think every single item fit in perfectly, and it gave my dog a well balanced range of treats and toys. I personally love the Lady Liberty ball, while my dog is a huge fan the duck jerky strips. Honestly, he is pretuty much obsessed with everything from this box, and he always is. This box has a value of $44. That is more than double the price I paid at my discounted price of $20, and even great for those who paid the regular price of $29. I love the products and the value, which makes me even more excited for the months to come. 


If you would like to try BarkBox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat your loved pet to a box of goodies at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment