Sunday, June 18, 2017

Popsugar Must Have May 2017 Review

Yea! My Popsugar Must Have box has arrived for the month of May, and while it is Spring, it is also the month to honor our mothers, so I expect this box to be full of items that will both give mothers a much needed break and beautiful items to wear and for your home. Popsugar is a monthly lifestyle subscription box that delivers six full size products in beauty, fashion, home, fitness, books, and food. It costs $39.95 per month, but it costs less with longer subscription periods, and always has a value of $100. I love this box, since the products always go perfectly with the season, and it delivers a well collaborated and high end products that are perfect for treating yourself.


Popsugar doesn’t have a theme, but instead chooses its monthly items around a list of inspirational words. This month’s inspirations are “Be Good & Feel Good,” Family, Memories, Home, and Gratitude. I think these inspirational words are perfect for Mother’s Day and the spring season, and they make me excited about being home and with family. I expect a piece of jewelry, because what mother wouldn’t enjoy that, and possibly a few items that can be used while at home with your family. I am hoping for a polaroid camera to capture memories, and an item that gives back to a greater good. I am not really into delicate or feminine products, so hopefully this box doesn’t deliver anything that won’t fit my personal style.



Lipstick Queen Mornin' Sunshine

$25.00 - 0.12 oz

While this product doesn’t fit in that well with the inspirational words, I am really excited about this beauty item. At first, I thought the lipstick would be yellow in color, which is much too bold for me, but instead, it goes on as a beautiful pink that compliments your skin. I also appreciate how this moisturizes as well. It doesn’t last like many lipsticks these days, but I don’t mind reapplying throughout the day. I love this color for a beautiful and light spring look that would be perfect for bridal showers, baby showers, or even Mother’s Day. This packaging is beautiful too, and I love pulling it out of my purse to use. This is a great start to this spring box.




Samantha Fay Inspirational Cuff "be good. do good. feel good."

$60.00

I had a feeling there would be a jewelry item in this month’s box, and this one is perfect for women of all ages. The cuff reads “Be good, do good, feel good.” This is a great reminder as a way to live life, and feels like an upgraded WWJD bracelet. The cuff is easily adjustable, which is great for my tiny wrists, and would work alone or with stackable bracelets. Personally, this isn’t really my style, but it is simple enough, that I would wear it once in a while. It would make a great gift as well, and I feel any mother would love this as a present. It is pretty expensive, and almost doubles the cost of the box, so you already get your monies worth. While this isn’t a great item for me, I think it is a great addition for this month’s box, and it is a happy way to be reminded of a good life.




Tocca Montauk Candle

$20.00 - 3 oz

First, I am an absolute fan of the Tocca line. Their products all smell wonderful, and they work well too. I’ve used hand cream, body wash, and perfume from this brand (which I all loved), but I have never used one of their candles before. This is already one of my favorite scented candles of all time. It is fresh and sweet, just like spring, and reminds me of an higher end Bath & Body Works Cool Cucumber. When lit, this candle does fill the room, and may be a little too much for some, but I personally love it. I am going to light this when the weather isn’t the best, and I want it to still feel like the sweet spring indoors. This is a great scent for summer as well, as it isn’t too warm, which you don’t want in the summer heat. I love this candle, and it is already my favorite item from this box.




Swing Design Essex Silver Plate 4x6 Frame

$13.00

Since “Home” was mentioned as one of the inspirational words this month, I had a feeling there would be a few of these items in this month’s box. While I am obsessed with the candle, this item just seems pretty basic to me. I do already have quite a few frames, more than I have room to display, and this isn’t really my style. On that note, I think this frame is really nice, and I can see it fitting with many people’s homes. You could also throw in a picture of you and your mother and gift it for the holiday as well. I do like receiving items like this in my subscription boxes, and I think this is the first picture frame from Popsugar, but unfortunately it doesn’t go with my style. I will probably gift it as suggested.




Southern Culture Strawberry Muffin Mix

$7.99 - 12 oz

We’ve already received a food item from Southern Comfort, which were cake flavored pancake mix. It was so tasty, and I love how they can be used on Birthday mornings. This strawberry muffin mix gives me the same feels. It is the perfect treat to make for a brunch gathering with your girls, or a treat for later in the day. I wouldn’t normally make muffins, but this mix has broken me of that trend. The end product is very good and sweet, but the strawberry taste is very light. I was hoping for larger strawberry chunks myself. These would pair perfectly with mimosas on those special occasions or coffee as you run out the door. I don’t think I would repurchase this product, but I did enjoy this as a one-time treat, and I think it fits perfect with this box.




Nicely Noted Card Collection

$17.50

As the gratitude product, these cards go perfectly with this month theme, and I have to say they are an item that I really enjoy. First, I love that these were created by freelance artists. This company gives them an opportunity to express themselves. Second, they are so cute. I like that all three are a different style, and they are all for different events. Also, I love having greetings cards at the house to grab when the occasion arises. Therefore, I won't have to make the unwanted stop to the store to pick one up. The only issue, there isn't a Mother's Day card in here, which would really put the icing on the cake. 




Overall, this was a nice box, and absolutely perfect for this Mother's Day holiday. While some of the items aren't perfect for me, they would be perfect gifts for the mothers in my life. I really like the lipstick, and I am obsessed with the candle. the bracelet is nice, and I will enjoy those muffins. The cards will come in handy too. The only item that I just won't use in the picture frame, but I plan on giving it to my mother anyways. This box has a value of $143.49. That is absolutely crazy for a box that only cost me $29.95. Summer boxes are always fun, and I am excited to what next month has in store.


If you would like to try Popsugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to reward yourself with great products month after month at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment