Saturday, February 10, 2018

Target Beauty Box December 2017 Review - Hello Holidays

Yea! My Target Beauty Box has arrived for the month of December, and since the holidays are here, I always feel like these boxes are a little extra special. Target Beauty Boxes aren't exactly subscription boxes, because you have to purchase them each separately, but like beauty subscription boxes, they deliver full size and sample size products to your door around a theme. These boxes cost anywhere from $5 to $10, but recently, they've been $7, just like this one.


This month's theme is "Hello Holidays." I love that this is a holiday box, because nothing get's me more excited than holiday themed boxes and products. Since it is the holiday's I welcome any product that will either cut down on time, help me relax, or get dolled up. There are so many events that come with this season, so some great makeup products would be well appreciated, but also products to unwind afterwards or help get ready would be great too. Let's check them all out. 



HASK Coconut Oil Nourishing Deep Conditioner

$1.99 - 1.75 oz    (Full Size!)

These foil packets may seem like a one use sample, but instead this is the full size, multi-use item. I've received this same item in quite a few of my boxes, but I welcome them all with open arms. Once in a while, I really need to give my hair some extra love, and this product heal and replenishes while it conditions. Also, I can easily get four uses from this pack, so this will last me an entire month if I use it once a week. This is a great way to relax your hair after a bunch of styling, so I will be using this right into the new year. 



Rimmel Shake It Fresh Mascara in Extreme Black

$5.99 - 0.30 oz    (Full Size!)

This new take on a classic product is quite intriguing, and I am excited to be on the beginning end of what could possibly be a new trend. I am always dealing with buildup at the end of my mascara tube and on the brush, which translates into clumped lashes, but this shake it fresh system allows each use to be as good as the first. I am excited to try out this product, but I am even more excited about the full size item. Just this item alone is a dollar short of the cost of the entire box. Two full size items is a great start! 



Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure

$5.99 - 30 count

It was a strong start for me with two full size items I will most definitely use, but this is one that is just not for me. I haven't worn false nails since I was in middle school, and I'm not about to jump back on that bandwagon. For those people who will use this item, these are really fun. The patterns are super on trend, and I love how there are so many different styles that can mix and match. Plus, with over 30 nails, you are going to be able to find the perfect fit. This is a bust for me, but I still think it's a great addition to the box.  



Nexxus Comb Thru Volume Finishing Mist Spray

$8.19 - 10 oz    ($1.23 Value)

I often shy away from using hair spray, because it leaves my hair stiff, crunchy, and unmanageable. Instead, I would just let my curls fall within a few hours. This comb thru finishing mist is the perfect resolution. It holds your style while still allowing it to stay soft and manageable. This doesn't work perfectly, because you still get a little stiffness, but it is so much better than hair spray I've use in the past. Plus, this is great for travel, which I do a lot of this time of year. I am glad to have more of this in supply.



Vera Wang Embrace Marigold and Gardenia Perfume

$29.99 - 1 fl oz    ($1.20 Value)

I have been on the Vera Wang bandwagon ever since I discovered her style, but I've never had a change to sample her perfume. I love receiving perfume samples in my subscription boxes, because I love mixing up my scent by my mood, the season, and the event. This perfume has notes of marigold and gardenia, which gives it a feminine and flowery scent. This isn't usually the first thing I look for in perfume, but I really like this. While I don't think this is holiday ready, this would be perfect for spring. I could see myself wearing this to any shower or a relaxing Sunday stroll. 



My Beauty Diary Black Pearl Mask

$12.99 - 10 ct    ($1.30 Value)

It wouldn't be a holiday box without a sheet mask to revitalize your skin, and this product will do just that. This one includes ingredients like lemon, red algae, and yeast proteins, which will give you brighter, fairer, and softer skin. This is definitely made for another country, because I don't think the average american is interested in fairer skin, but I am still interested in this to brighten and soften. Maybe Target shouldn't have included this for it's large market with a range of skin tones. It's just not right. 



Chapstick Total Hydration Moisture + Tint in House Red

$4.99 - 0.12 oz    (Full Size!)

Yes! I am a huge fan of these tinted chapsticks, and I have yet to own a classic red, so this is absolutely perfect for me. I love wearing color on my lips, but they get so dry, so I end up with uneven color on cracked lips. These allow me to wear color while still hydrating my lips. I have some fun colors already, but this classic red will be the first color I reach for during all of these holiday events. It's a color that pairs perfectly with any black dress or New Year's Eve outfit. Plus, it's another full size product!



Overall, I am pretty happy with this month's box. The tinted lip moisturizer may be my favorite item, but the mascara and comb through spray are great as well. I love the other practical items such as the deep conditioner and perfume, but false nails weren't for me, and the mask left a bad taste in my mouth. This month's box has a value of $22.69. I was actually expecting more with all the full size items, but it is still really great. Especially since this box only cost $7. I can't wait to see what next month has in store. 


If you are interested in Target Beauty Box, just keep an eye on their website during the first Monday of the month. Be sure to purchase them when they go on sale, because they tend to sell out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment