Monday, August 17, 2015

Birchbox Plus Sampler: Mask Madness Review

I love every and all face masks, so when I saw this Birchbox Plus promotion, I couldn't say no. Every month, Birchbox offers a few items to add on to your monthly box for a discounted price. This particular promotion was an add on to the August box and this mask sampler only cost $15. I thought that was a little expensive for four masks, but it is a great deal, and why can't I splurge on myself every once in a while, right!


This sampler came with an itemized card. I really appreciate this, because each mask does something different, and it is nice to know which mask to use for each dilemma. It also explains how to use each mask. While they are mostly the same, you do have to leave some on longer than others. They also have prices if you want to buy more. I probably won't, but who knows. There might be a few that I can't live without. 


Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Water-Full Hydrogel Mask

$9.00 - 1 mask

This mask is perfect for firming skin, boosting elasticity, and a dewey complexion. I used this when my face was feeling and looking really dry. I thought the hydrogel mask would boost hydration in my face, but it didn't exactly do what I thought, instead did exactly what it said it would do. This is a thick mask, and it isn't wet like the others. This is a more solid gel that rests on and cools your face. I did like this mask, but I didn't love it. I did notice my skin a little firmer and dewier than before, but I didn't like that it didn't really put a solution on my face. I do really like the Dr. Jart+ brand, but this wasn't my favorite item in their line. It is definitely high end, but just not the perfect mask for my face. 


Karuna Exfoliating Treatment Mask

$28.00 - 4 masks           

This mask will gently cleanse, exfoliate, and smooth your face. I used this when my face was feeling and looking really dull. I am constantly doing crazy things to my face, and sometimes just washing isn't enough. I thought that this would be my least favorite, but it was actually the best of the pack. I loved how this smelled, and it left my face glowing, feeling fresh, and clean. The sheet stayed on my face really well, and the fluid stayed on my skin long afterwards and continued to do its work. I wish this were a little cheaper, because I would buy it otherwise. Maybe I'll splurge eventually. 


Real Chemistry Environmental Rescue Mask

$25.00 - 1 mask 

I know that this brand is really high end, and their products work wonders. I would never spend that much on one mask, but I really like trying it for a reduced price. This mask combats environmental damage from living in the city with a ton of antioxidants. I am most excited about this one, because I feel like my skin as really taken a turn for the worse since moving to a metropolis area. I didn't notice any real difference, but my face felt refreshed and clean. I would never spend $25 on one mask, but I am glad I was able to try it out in this sample pack. 


Bio Republic Skincare Aloe Rescue Revitalizing Fiber Mask

$14.50 - 3 masks         

I've actually tried this mask before, but I really liked it and am happy to get another one. This particular mask will help refresh your face after a day in the sun. After a full day at the lake, I developed a light burn, even with applying sunscreen, and my skin was dry and achy. This sheet mask covers your entire face, leaving holes for your nostrils and eyes. It smells really good, and is super calming. The mask is full of moisture, too. I love how the formula seals into your skin and leaves your face soft and smooth. I also noticed that my burn healed my faster than normal, and my face didn't peel afterwards. Since I've already tried this mask, I will save this one for a day after I messed up applying sunscreen 


Overall, I am really happy about this box. I thought spending $15 on 4 masks was a little pricey, but these all did wonders to my skin, and it was nice to try expensive masks at a cheaper price. These masks are worth $45.83, so this is really a great deal. I am a big fan of masks, and sheet masks are so much easier to apply and to take off. I would suggest washing your face before each mask so it can do it's best work. 


If you would like to purchase this mask sample pack, just click here. It is a great deal, and if you love masks, you'll really enjoy each one of these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment