Monday, August 10, 2015

Target Beauty Box August 2015 Review

Yet another Target Beauty Box has arrived. They used to only come out seasonally, but recently they've been coming out about once a month. They usually cost between $5 to $10 depending on the value of the box. This particular one cost $7. I really like the value of the boxes, and it is always nice to try out drugstore brands and some brand that are a little higher end than your normal drugstore. Also, I really like shopping at Target, so it is nice to try out some of their new products before I buy the full size item. 



I thought that this box was going to be all about the transition into Fall, but this box is geared around the warm weather and your must have essentials. Every Target Beauty Box comes with a itemized card that explains what the product is and how you use it. This does help with some of the items, but I also like to know exactly how the product is helping. They don't include the prices, but I do know that things cost more or less depending on where the Target is located. Each box also comes with a coupon for $3 off $15 spent in the beauty section. I have yet to use this, but I am sure it will eventually come in handy. 


Clairol Hair Food Moisturizing Hair Mask 


$11.99 - 6.3 oz

I was most interested in this product out of everything in the box. This "hair food" is moisturizing hair mask that replaces your conditioner. I really like the ingredients in this, and it reads higher end to me. I also really like how it smells. I used this instead of my conditioner and left it in my hair for five minutes. My hair looked stronger and healthier, and it left my hair feeling really soft. My only complaint is that my hair was a little more difficult to comb through when it was wet. I will be using this once a week instead of my conditioner, and hopefully it will really help my current situation. 


$5.99 - 0.44 fl oz            

I love trying out different mascaras in my subscription boxes, and this one is full size! It is always nice to try out different formulas and see if they live up to their claims. Also, I wear mascara every single day, so it is great to get them at a discounted amount. This particular formula is pretty great. I always try to achieve big, full lashes, and this formula / brush combo really created a great look. I also like the price point for this. I normally spend about $10 for a tube of mascara, so this is a little cheaper than normal. This is a great product, and I am glad I was able to get a full tube in this subscription box. 



$19.99 - 5 fl oz            

Fekkai is really nice brand, and I am in love with their dry shampoo. This particular product helps protect your hair from sun damage while boosting shine. I wouldn't normally purchase this product on my own, but I was interested in trying it out. I really like how this smells, which is good start. It definitely boosted shine, and I like that it will protect my freshly dyed hair from fading from the summer sun. I don't think I will purchase this again, because it isn't something I particularly want to include in my daily routine, but this will definitely get used up. 



$49.99 - 8 strips       

This is a really great item to sample, especially since you get the full effect with one use. These one hour whitening strips will rid years of stains from your teeth in one hour. You really only have to use these once in a great while, because they do the entire job in one take. These strips stuck to my teeth really well, and stayed on the entire hour. It was actually a little difficult to pull these off my teeth once the hour was up. My teeth were so white and bright afterwards I was pretty impressed. When my teeth start to look dull, I will definitely look into splurging on these, because it does a really great job. I hope that my teeth stay this bright for a while. 



$14.99 - 5 fl oz         

I have recently been using toner to help clear acne, get rid of blackheads, and firm my face to prevent wrinkles. I have noticed that toner leaves my face really dry, though, and sometimes it is really painful. This particular one promises to be moisturizing, and I really felt like it was. It definitely didn't leave my face feeling as dry as a normal toner would, and I still felt like my face was more toned and super soft. I didn't realize that Olay carried their own toner, and now I know, I will definitely be purchasing this in the future. 



$14.99 - 2.5 fl oz       

I use a face lotion every singe day, so this items is pretty perfect for me. I have tried out some of Olay's face lotions before, and they've always worked well for me so I am sure I will like this particular lotion too. This promises to leave your face hydrated for 24 hours, and I can stand by that claim. I really like how this was a light lotion, but was still thick enough to moisturize. This lotion also smells really nice, which is important with something that you are going to put next to your nose. I am really happy with this sample, and will probably go back to Olay when I purchase face lotion again. 


Overall, I really like the items in this box. There are two full size items, which is really awesome, and really makes this box a great value. I will definitely use up all these items, even the one item I wouldn't buy on my own. I feel like this is a little late to put out a summer box, though, because fall is right around the corner. I estimate this box to be worth $42.68. That is crazy, because I only spent $7. Target estimated a value of about $35, so I am happy it is even more than that. 


If you would like to try Target Box for yourself you will definitely have to keep an eye out. They come out randomly and sell out really quickly. It is daintily worth the effort, though, because these boxes always have a great value. 

No comments:

Post a Comment