Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Ipsy Glambag August 2015 Review - Prep School

My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of August. I've been getting Ipsy for over a year now, and it is a great way to sample and start a great collection of beauty items. I've had a few month's that weren't that great, but mostly they've all been great, and I've never wanted to end my subscription. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription for $10 that includes 5 or more beauty items that are both sample and full size. The value is almost always really great, too. I can't wait to see what is in store for me this month. 


This month's theme is Prep School. While I like the theme, I don't really care for this bag. It looks really cheap, and fells really cheap too. It is all plastic, and is harder plastic than usual. I also don't like the school girl fabric. It does go along with the theme really well, but it just isn't my style. I do like the texture of it alright, and I am sure it will be cute to plenty other girls. I'm not sure what kind of products are inside, but I hope that they go along with the theme.


So far, I am really liking what I am seeing. This month's bag isn't very full, but that doesn't mean the value isn't there, and that the items won't be perfect for me. I see a few brands I like and a few new brands that I've never heard of before. These colors all look very fall, so it goes along with the theme. I can't wait to try out each of these items. 


La Fresh Eco-Beauty Good Night. Night Cream

$40.00 - 1.7 oz               

I've received their Good Day Day Cream in a previous Ipsy bag, and it is one of my favorites. I do like to use a day cream and a night cream depending on when I cleanse my face. I know a lot of people don't really care for the smell, but I really like it. It is fresh and earthy, which makes me believe the ingredients are pure. This cream is on the thicker side, which I really liked. Especially for a night cream. I have yet to notice any changes in my appearance, but it does make my face feel super hydrated. I really like this product, I just wish it were more affordable. I don't really know how this goes along with the theme, except maybe that you'll get a little more sleep this time of the year, but honestly I don't care, because this is perfect for me. 



$16.00 - 9 fl oz              

This is a product I will definitely use, but not now! I get the driest, itchiest skin in the winter and spend a long time after each shower putting lotion all over my body. I will use this for the colder months, but I wanted to give it a try. This product does work, but I had to use much more than I thought to cover my body. It has a light smell, which isn't good or bad, but it goes away after you rinse. This brand isn't really for me because it is made for older skin, but I really like this product. I think the middle of summer is a weird time for them to send it out to be sampled, but I will just hold onto it until then.  



$20.00 - 0.31 oz           

I have never heard of this brand before, but I really like it so far. This flirty color is really pretty and I like the glossy gel. This peachy mauve is perfect for my tan summer skin, and the gel holds well on my hydrated skin. This isn't a full size item, but it is a deluxe sample, and it will last me forever. I've never heard of this brand before, but after poking around their website, it appears pretty high end. This dark peach is a perfect color for the transition from summer into fall, because it goes perfectly with tan skin, but it is muted from the neons and brights of summer. I think this product actually goes along with the theme, and I'm going to be wearing it all month long. 



$18.00 - 0.16 oz         

I am all about natural makeup, because you don't really want to be rubbing chemicals into your skin. Not only is it all natural, but it is a beautiful shade and a great formula. I really like this light pink with a touch of mauve, especially for late summer. This is a great color for any occasion, and can even be worn to school or the office. I have a wedding coming up that I think it will be perfect for. This is only a sample, but I rarely go through a tube of lipstick, so I doubt I will go through this one. I am happy with this product, and it is one of my favorite from the bag. 



$18.00 -  0.04 oz               

I really like the Lord & Berry brand, and I am a fan of colored eyeliners, so I was really happy about this item. That is until I found out it is a lip liner. This color is nude, but appears brown in the bottle, and when I put it on. I don't know about anyone else, but I do not wear brown lipstick, ever! I will pass this along to a friend, so it will go to good use. I do like that it goes with the theme, and is a great color for fall. Too bad it wasn't an eyeliner, or this bag would have been full of everything I love to receive in my subscription boxes. 


This month's bag was only worth $39.75. That is pretty good, especially for a $10 subscription, but one of their ads promoted that each bag has products worth $55+. That was basically true. Most of their bags are worth a lot more than this, but not every one, and this one proves it. I wish they didn't promote something like that, because it makes me feel like I shouldn't be happy with the value, even though it is really good. I really like every item except the lip liner. This was a solid month for me, and I am excited to see what more Ipsy has in store for me. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great subscription for anyone who likes to try out new makeup brands, and new makeup trends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment