Monday, August 17, 2015

BoxyCharm August 2015 Review - Gorgeous Globetrotter

This is my second BoxyCharm ever, and it is also the first one that I didn't see all the spoilers that were coming to me. BoxyCharm is a high end beauty subscription box that costs $21 a month. They have at least four full size items, if not all, and the products are usually worth over $100. That is the main reason I decided to subscribe to this box, and I am already impressed with the value from my first box. I am really excited to see what the month has in store for me, and I can't wait to check out my new beauty items. 



This month's theme is Gorgeous Globetrotter. I feel like so many themes this summer are about traveling with all the subscription boxes. I was really excited about this theme earlier this summer, but I am definitely growing a little tired of travel items. This is the middle of August, and I am finally in the mood to stay closer to home and start to wind down for fall. While I don't love the theme, I don't hate it either. I do enjoy travel items, and anything that makes my carry on a little lighter is alright by me. I hope these items are all something that I will use and love, and I bet there will be some things that I can't live without, even on the road or in the air. 



Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Palette

$19.95 - 30 g 

This may be weird to you, but I have never owned a single palette before in my life. That being said, I am really excited about this one. I really like the Coastal Scents brand, and I've actually sampled some of the colors from this palette before. This looks very pink when you first look at it, but it does have a lot of really great naturals and browns. Also, it has a mixture of both shimmery and matte shades, so this is a very diverse palette. I haven't been brave enough to try any of the darker colors yet, but I going to have to give them a try. The colors that I did try have beautiful pigmentation, and they lasted all day. I really like this palette, and I feel like I have so many new and fun looks in my future. This is pretty compact, so it would be easy to travel with, but personally, I wouldn't want to bring this much eyeshadow with me anywhere. 



NIOS Shield Leave-In Conditioner 

$26.00 - 4 fl oz

I dye my hair quite often, so it is really tangled and hard to brush when wet, even with conditioner. Leave-in conditioner definitely helps out with that. This particular one promises to protect color, texture, and scalp, and it includes SPF. It also creates shine and tames frizz, but both of those items don't apply to me. I do like how it smells, like a fruity coconut, but this isn't the right formula for my hair. It is a little heavy, like an actual conditioner. I guess I shouldn't complain that this is full size, but I wouldn't travel with a product this large, but I do like that it controls frizz and protect your hair and scalp from the sun, which are two concerns when traveling to warmer environments. I will still use this product, but probably only when spending a day at the lake or going to the ocean. 


MICA Beauty Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner in Black  

$35.00 - 4 g

I have used items from this line before, but I don't think this is one I will nesesarily use. I do have a gel eyeliner, but I only use it once in a great while when I want a dramatic eye. I am more than happy with my pencil eyeliners. I am glad that they included a eyeliner brush in with this box, because I am sure most people don't have one. At the same time, I am a little bummed, because that means I won't use two of the items in this box. I bet a lot of people will really enjoy these items, and this eyeliner is really high end. I will probably hand this off to one of my friends who wears it more often than myself. Another thing I wasn't too excited about was how this doesn't really go with the theme. When I travel, I want to keep it light, and this is much more to bring then just a pencil eyeliner. 



SETA Eyeliner Brush 

$16.00

I love receiving high end brushes in my subscription boxes, but this one isn't too exciting for me. As I said above, I don't normally wear gel eyeliners so I don't know how often I will use this brush. I've never heard of this brand either, but it seems to be really nice. I wouldn't mind receiving this brand in a different brush, but this one I will pass along with the eyeliner. Also, this isn't very practical for traveling. Once again, this is an item that hasn't really gone along with the theme. 



So Susan Statement Skin Highlighter

$20.00 - 1.8 g 

Again, this is a product that I've never owned before. I have recently been really interested in highlighter, because I really like what it does to define other peoples faces. I really like this formula, and the stick makes it really easy to apply. The pigmentation is nice, and it looks great with my skin tone. This is definitely my favorite item in this month's box, and I will be using it all the time. Also, this is the one true item that goes along with this month's theme. Because it is in stick form, this highlighter is easy to travel with, and I could totally just throw this in your makeup bag. After looking at their website, their other products are really cute too. I may have to purchase a few more of their items. 


Overall, I am middle of the road with this month's box. I really like the palette and the highlighter, but I won't use two of the products. Last month's box were perfect for me, so I had really high expectations, but I am sure this one was just a miss. I am definitely going to keep my subscription going. On the other hand, I really like the value. This month's box is worth $116.95. I only spent $21 on these products, so that is a great value. 



If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. If you are into high end makeup at a great deal, this is the perfect box for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment