Wednesday, August 5, 2015

BoxyCharm July 2015 Review - Summertime Radness

I've been wanting to get a subscription box that offers more full size items, yet I didn't want to spend too much money. I've been checking out the two boxes at the $21 price range, and it seemed like people are more satisfied with Boxycharm over GlossyBox. That being said, I decided to give BoxyCharm a try. There are always at least four full size items and the value is almost always over $100. That is a $80 extra value with each box. I thought I'd start my subscription with the August Box, but they sent me the July Box to begin. I am not complaining, because it was a quality box full of great items. I've already seen the spoilers, so I know what is coming, but I definitely want to try out each product. 


One thing that sold me on BoxyCharm other than the value was the theme. I love boxes with themes, and they are even more fun when the box's items go along with that theme. This month's theme is Summertime Radness. With greetings from Miami, these products will help crush the summer heat and allow you to bring out your best summer glam diva. Summer is all about bringing out the looks that you would normally be too shy to shine. I hope these products can help me accomplish these looks. 


Vasanti Professional Blush Brush 

$29.00 

I love receiving brushes in my subscription boxes, because they are usually so expensive, and they are always a great value. This brush alone is worth more than I paid for the box, which I love to see. I didn't have a brush specifically for blush and bronzer, so I will definitely use this. I tried it with my bronzer to begin with, and it created a nice natural line. I've tried the Vasanti line before, and I'm starting to really like their products. This brush could also be used for foundation brush if you don't wear blush or bronzer. 


Gorge I'll Make You Look Amazing Daily Spray

$29.95 - 4 fl oz

When I saw this item in the spoilers, I wasn't too thrilled. Hair products are normally for people with full hair, and mine is so thin and straight. But, this is so different. Not only does it create shininess and reduces frizz, but it also creates volume. I also like this product because it makes your hair stronger and healthier, and it's a natural conditioner. My hair felt so good and appeared full of volume when I used this. I also really like how it smells. It reminds me of summer. This will definitely help make some summertime radness.  


yourMinerals SWEDEN Transparent Veil Setting Powder

$26.00 - 4 g

This is another item that I wasn't too excited about in the spoilers, but one use got me hooked. It starts as a white powder, but after applying to your face, it becomes transparent. I like how this sets your makeup, makes a matte finish, and hides fine lines. How could I not like this product? This is a full size item, but it isn't the largest they offer. I shouldn't complain though. This is already worth more than I paid for the box. I did notice at first that this does create a light white sheen on my face at first, but that does go away. I also am all about that matte finish in hot and humid summer. Anything to take that sheen off my face. 



OFRA Cosmetics Lip Liner in Cherish

$13.00 - 0.04 oz

This is the one item I am not too happy with. I really like OFRA Cosmetics, but I just don't ever use lip liners. I was really hoping for the eyebrow pencil, because that is something I would actually use. This lip liner is a really pretty color, though, and it is such a perfect color for summer. It is a darker, yet bright pink, and if this were an actual lip color, I could see myself wearing this all summer long. Oh, well. I will just hand it off to a friend. 



MDMflow Greater Than Mascara

$33.00 -  0.2 fl oz

Mascara is my all time favorite item to receive in my subscription boxes. I like to try every single mascara out there, and if I love it or I don't, I will always end up using it in one way or another. I was really excited about this mascara. Not only is it high end and has the cutest container, it promises volume, which is my mail goal with my eyelashes. I was definitely a little disappointed with the actual formula. It didn't give me the volume I was hoping for, but it did leave my eyelashes separated and pretty. I will be happy to use this as a base, or as the sole mascara for days I want to go more natural. Either way, this mascara was middle of the road for me. 
  
I am really happy with this box. I thought I wouldn't like a few of these products, but with one try, they have become instant favorites. If only I received the eyebrow pencil instead of the lip pencil, this box would have blown me away. This box is worth an astounding $130.95. I only paid $21 for this box. I normally wouldn't pay these prices for these items, but I would still pay more than $21 for the lower value item. I am excited to see the value of next month's box, and maybe August will be a complete hit. 



If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is definitely worth the cost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment