Sunday, October 18, 2015

Birchbox October 2015 Review - Positive Force

My Birchbox is here for the month of October, and I can't wait to see what products Birchbox has in store for me this month. Birchbox is one of my favorite subscription boxes for a few reasons. It is really cheap at only $10 a month, their samples are usually perfect for me, and their reward point program allows me to save up and get full size products of items I've loved for free. While the value of the box isn't always the greatest, I always use their samples right up, and I rarely get a box that I just don't care too much about.  



This month's box isn't my favorite style. I like the marble effect, but the color just isn't my favorite. I am guessing they went pink for breast cancer awareness month, which is a great way to bring attention to a terrible diagnosis, and also a great way to raise money to kill cancer all together. While I don't really care for this box, it will be a great one to use to box a gift with a pretty white ribbon. I've often reused my boxes for giving gifts. They are the perfect size for smaller and dainty gifts, or smaller clothing. 


This month's theme is Positive Force. It is all about inspiring confidence and using beauty and great products to change your mood for the better. Birchbox is also donating money to support breast cancer research, hence the very pink box. I like that this month is used to raise money for a great foundation. Birchbox has the power to make a change, and it also set up a place for people to donate more money if they choose. I am a little bummed that there isn't a fall theme for my favorite month, but there is always November. I hope that these products will help change my mood for the better, and maybe I'll donate some money towards the cause. 


Avene Thermal Spring Water

$12.50 - 5.29 oz   ($4.16 Value)

I've actually received this product in another subscription box, and I rarely use it. This spring water is used by spraying a light mist on your face and helps cure dryness and irritation. It is also full of minerals that help rebalance all kinds of troubled skin. They suggest you use it as a toner or a mid-day skin refresher. I thought that this product would be great for cooling off after a hot day in the sun, but this would be nice to use as a moisturizer during these dry months. I haven't used my previous one that often, but this serves as a reminder, and I will be sure to use it more. It does have a nice light and soft scent too. I would never purchase this product, but it is a fun item to receive in my Birchbox. This will definitely change my mood as a spirit lifter half way through the day. 



Exo Supply Co. Pure Remover Wipes in Lavender

$12.00 - 10 wipes   ($2.40 Value)

I tend to forget to remove my nail polish to the point that half my nail polish is gone, so these will be very convenient for me. One wipe is enough to remove polish from all ten digits, and the smell is so much nicer than regular nail polish remover. The lavender calms you, so you get a moment to lift a litter stress from your life. These would definitely come in handy to just throw in your purse and use when you are somewhere waiting around or in rush hour. For the price, I don't think these are great enough to purchase, but I will definitely use the two from this box. 



Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial Mask

$12.99 - 1.75 oz   ($7.42 Value)

I love face masks! I always get so happy when I receive one in my subscription boxes. Acure is an all natural, organic brand, which is always a plus in a product. This mask is more like a mud, but goes on thinly and has a refreshing peppermint smell. The smell goes perfectly with this product, because it is used to remove deep grime buildup. It also refreshes by revitalizing skin cells. I didn't notice any major improvements from this mask, but my skin felt tingly clean. Also, not only is this a deluxe sample size, but it is a reasonable price. I would definitely consider purchasing the full size item once this sample is gone, but it is going to take a while fortunately  This is a great way to lift my mood and improve confidence.



Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

$42.00 - 8.5 fl oz   ($4.94 Value)

I am so sad that this full size item costs so much, because I absolutely love this product. I use a texturizing spray on the regular, because it helps give volume and manageability to my limp and straight hair. The product that I've been using the most gives a firmer hold and sometime makes my hair look dirty or crispy. This product has all the benefits of a texturizing spray with a light mist and no crispy effect. I love how my hair felt light, yet full of volume. Also, it smells really good. Like a light, musky perfume. I am going to cherish this product, because I really enjoy it, but can't see myself spending the money on the full size item. 



Benefit They're Real! Lengthening Mascara

$24.00 - 0.3 oz   ($8.00 Value)

This is the product I choose as my sample this month, and I am happy I finally get to try it out. I've been hearing so many great things about this mascara, and since it is my go to makeup product, I've been dying to try it out. I kept thinking I would get it in one of my subscription boxes, so when they offered it up as a mascara sample for the month, I knew I had to give it a shot. The reviews were all on point. This mascara is brilliant. It lengthens, separates, and volumizes my normally blond and short eyelashes. Since it is $24, I wouldn't normally purchase this product, but this is a must have. Once this sample is gone, I will definitely have to use my reward points to get more of this product. 



Overall, this month is a total hit for me. The mascara, mask, and texturizing spray are perfect for me, and they will all become regulars in my beauty routine. The water spray and nail polish remover isn't my favorite, but they will both definitely get used. This month's box is worth $26.92. That is pretty good for Birchbox and a $10 box, but not as good as a few other subscription boxes I get. While the value isn't always the best, the products are always great. I fell like Birchbox gets me better than any other box out there. I will definitely continue to purchase this monthly subscription, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for me next month. These products definitely lifted my mood!



If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month, you could be on your way to discovering products curated especially for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment