Sunday, October 18, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag October 2015 Review - Alter Ego

My Ipsy Glam Bag for the month of October is here, and I can't wait to see what products they have in store for me this month. Ipsy is a monthly subscription bag that offers five full size, deluxe, and sample size items in a different makeup bag for only $10 a month. These bags seem to be hits or misses for me, but the value is usually really good, and I've been introduced to a few products I really like. I hope this month is a good one. I can't wait to see what is inside.  


This month's theme is Alter Ego. I actually like this month's theme and could really see beauty products working well with this. I also like how this theme goes along with Halloween, which is my all time favorite holiday. Since the theme is Alter Ego, I am expecting makeup I would rarely use, though. I hope that this month's products are new and creative items that I would still use on a regular basis. While I do like how the bag has two different sides, I am not the biggest fan. This will be another one that I will gift or give away. There have been quite a few misses for bags for me lately, so hopefully the next one will be something I like. 


This month's bag seems pretty full with some well known brands that I really like and some new ones that seem to be organic and all-natural. I am really interested in checking out some of these products, and I can't wait to dig in. I hope that this is a good month, since Ipsy doesn't always deliver the perfect products for me. This month is looking good so far, though. 


theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Committed

$17.00 - 0.25 fl oz   ($2.72 Value)

theBalm is one of my all time favorite brands. Not only are the products great and the colors temporary, but they always have the most cleaver and cute designs. This lipstick acts like a moisturizing lip stain, and the color is the perfect way to enhance my normal lips without looking like I'm wearing makeup. I really like the matte effect, which can be glossed up a little bit with their read my lips lip gloss line. Since I tend to never go through an entire lip product, this sample is more than I'll ever use. The lipstick does dry out my lips a little after it dries, but not as bad as other products. It is worth it, since it lasts forever. This is a great sample for me, but not a great way to embrace my alter ego. 


Coastal Scents Xpress Line Cosmetic Pencil in Black

$4.95 - 0.04 oz   Full Size

I've received a few products from Coastal Scents in my subscription boxes before, and while I really enjoyed those last few, this liner is just not for me. The line is pretty hard and difficult to apply. It pulls at my skin when I try to dry a line. It does look nice once on, though, and it does have lasting power. That being said, I will probably never reach for this instead of any of my other eyeliners. I feel like Ipsy sends me an eyeliner almost every month, and since I only wear eyeliner once in a while, this product just won't get used by me. Since I don't love this liner, I will probably just give it away, especially since I have so many others from all my other boxes.


Balanced Guru Scrub Me Body Scrub

$22.00 - 8 oz   ($2.75 Value)

This is a surprise item from Ipsy this month. That is not a bad thing. This is a product that I would lust over from a health and wellness store, but decide not to splurge. I love all natural products, and this body scrub will defiantly go to use by me. Besides being a little dry, this scrub leaves my skin soft and cleansed. The scrub is nice and gritty and reminds me of coffee grounds, which is a natural exfoliant. I also am a fan of the natural spearmint and ginger scents. I hope Ipsy keeps it up and continues to add these products in with their normal makeup samples. This product is so fun, and I am all about the all natural elements. 


Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum

$23.99 - 0.7 oz   ($17.14 Value)

This is yet another organic product, and one that is perfect for me. I love face serums and how they hydrate, brighten, and even out my skin tone. I always apply some after I wash my face at night, right before moisturizer. This serum is a little more oily than I'm used to, but it feels like high quality. I can also notice a difference after only one use. This particular serum also helps reducing signs of stress and fatigue. While this is a deluxe sample, which will last me forever, the full size item comes in a spray bottle, which I feel would be much easier to apply the product since the oil base seems to get everywhere. I really enjoy this sample and will enjoy using it to it's last drop.   


Laura Geller New York Baked Blush-n-Brighten in Tropic Hues

$27.50 - 0.176 oz   ($6.25 Value)

I received a baked eyeshadow in a previous bag, and while the grayish tint wasn't my favorite, this blush is right up my alley. The blush looks so natural, brightens my face, and lasts all day. This color is the exact one I would've picked out for myself, too. While this isn't another deluxe sample, it is a healthy size for a blush. I couldn't use all of it up if I tried. This is another item that won't help me find my alter ego, but I'd rather have an item I can wear all the time anyways. This blush is soooo good. 


Overall, I am really liking this month's glam bag. The blush, face serum, body scrub, and liquid lipstick are perfect for me. I am not in love with the eyeliner, but that is alright. It will make a nice "just because" gift to one of my sisters or friends. I estimate this month's bag to be worth $33.84. That is a little low for the normal Ipsy bag, but still a really great value for a $10 box. Ipsy has been getting better and better every month, and I can't wait to see what products Ipsy has in store for me next month, even if the makeup bag and theme aren't the best for me. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is only $10 a month and is such a great value full of surprises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment