Tuesday, October 27, 2015

PopSugar Must Have October 2015 Review

Yea! My PopSugar Must Have is here for the month of October, and I can't wait to see what is inside. While a little expensive, this is my favorite subscription box to receive in the mail every month. It contains the best and trendiest items in beauty, fashion, housewares, fitness, books, and food. While it is $39.95, the value is always over $100. Also, what better way to treat yourself every month with little surprises. 


The inspirations for the month of October are Autumn, Restful Nights, Cozy, Irresistible, and Breast Cancer Awareness. I really like these themes, and hope that this box is full of times that will get me really cozy for fall. Also, anything that has to do with restful nights is perfect for me. I'm guessing there are going to be a few items that will get us ready for bed. I am hoping for a lavender spray or slippers. I have never had a friend or family member impacted by breast cancer, but I am glad that PopSugar is teaming up with the cause this month, and I hope that this will bring even more attention to the disease. 


Savvy Sleepers Luxury Satin Pillowcase in White Russian

$36.00

This pillowcase isn't something I expected from this box, but something that I've both been wanting and meaning to purchase. It is super soft, and it also feels nice and cooling on my head. Also, satin is recommend to prevent night wrinkles, hair breakage, and flatness. I also feel like it helps me breath easier at night, since cotton tends to hold onto dust and mites. This will definitely help me get a more restful night, but I do have one complaint. I wish this came in a set, because I tend to sleep with two pillows. Also, it looks weird having two separate pillowcases on my bead. Maybe, I'll just buy another. 



$25.00

I love that PopSugar includes books in their boxes every once in a while. It reminds me to read, and they also tend to always be something I am interested. I love Mindy Kaling straight from The Office, and she has continued to grow on me. I love how she is so funny, yet doesn't have the "perfect" body or the ideal skin color the you normally see on TV. I have yet to read this entire book, but the few essays I've read our so funny. She is totally relatable, and I can't wait to read the rest. The value on Amazon is closer to $15, but at least this is something I'll use. Also, a book is the perfect way to get cozy on a cool fall night and the perfect way to calm your day for a restful night. 



$15.00

These socks aren't really my style, but they are super cozy. I also like that they have the no slip feature, which kinda reminds me of the hospital, but makes these socks more like slippers. I do wish these were in a different color, but I know they are pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. I will definitely wear these at night when its a little chilly, and they will do the job of keeping my feet warm. Also, since they are technically socks, I don't have to take them off when I go to bed like my slippers. 


The Honest Company Sea Salt + Sugar Body Scrub 

$16.95 - 9.5 oz

I am already a big fan of this brand, and I love any and all body scrubs. This brand only creates products that are as good for you as they are for the environment. Also, the ingredients tend to be all natural. I think that the lavender is a good touch, and is the perfect product to use at night. It will help calm you down and get you ready for a restful night. The body scrub works so well, and it also leaves your skin moisturized with a light oil finish. This is so much better that those that dry out your skin, especially during these dryer months. This body scrub leaves the skin irresistible.  



$8.00

While these are very cute, and have fun sayings, I don't really understand the need or the use. If I were to give a bottle of liquor or wine as a present, I wouldn't put it in a brown bag. I'd either leave it out, or I'd put it in something nicer. I guess these would work as a place to put a bottle of liquor when you want to shield it from others, but I just don't really see a time I would do that. I guess I will still try to use them. Maybe my friends will think they are nicer than I do. If not, I guess I will just hand them over to someone else to use. These are a complete miss for me. I also don't understand how they go along with the theme. Oh, well. I can't be completely satisfied with everything. 



$1.59 - 2 waffels

I wasn't too excited about this food item, until I gave it a try. I would have to say, I became quickly addicted, and they are so irresistible. The waffle is really thin and on the softer side, and the inside is filled with a thin layer of creamy caramel. I don't know what it is about these, but I could not stop eating them. Also, since I don't tend to eat a whole lot of sweets, this was really a treat. I would say that I prefer the healthier food items in this box, but this was so yummy. Also, you should treat yourself once in a while. 


It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product

$11.96 - 2 fl oz

I've seen this leave-in product everywhere lately, but I never thought to give it a shot. I just had no idea how loved of a product this was. This promises to detangle, add shine, and stop frizz. Besides the shine, I could really see this product working some magic. It also has a light, pleasant smell. This is listed as a Special Extra, but it is still such a great addition to the box. I don't see how this goes along with any of the inspirational themes, but it is a great hair product. Also, I saw this product for a much cheaper price. The suggested retail is a little high compared to even Target. I did like how this left my hair feeling soft, and it was the perfect leave-in conditioner to make brushing after the shower so much easier. 


Danielle Stevens Monogram Gift Card

$40.00

I normally don't care for any of the added gift cards, because normally you have to pay money in order to receive an item. For this card, that is not the case. There are a few items that you can purchase from the site below that amount, and while nothing is really my style, I could use this card to purchase a present for my mother or sister. While the card value is good, and the item would be a full necklace, this addition is just not for me. On the other hand, this will make someone else in my family smile for sure. 


This definitely isn't my favorite box of all time, but I still really loved a few of the items. The body scrub, the book, and those caramel waffles were amazing. The pillow is nice, the leave-in hair spray was a nice extra addition, and those socks will be so nice to get cozy in. Those liquor bags are really cute, but I just don't know when they will ever get used. I really liked the theme and felt like mostly all the items went well with the inspirations. This box has a value of $154.50, which includes the gift card. That is a really good value, but I think some of the items were priced a little higher than your average store. I do think this box was definitely worth the price, and I can't wait to see what next month has in store for me. 


If you would like to try this box, just click here. There are so many fun surprises in each month's box, and I always find great products that I just love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment