Tuesday, October 20, 2015

BoxyCharm October 2015 Review - Face of the Moon

My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of October, and I can't wait to see all the full size beauty products it has in store for me this month. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that comes with five full size products along with a theme for only $21 for each box. They tend to have a value of over $100, which is such a great value. I love the fall seasons, so I really hope that there are some fall themed products to go along with the theme. 


This month's theme is Faces of the Moon. I really like this theme and how well it goes with this month and how well you can match up beauty items to go along with the theme. We not only had a lunar eclipse this month, but a full moon is often associated with bringing the dark side out of people and is always associated with the best holiday of the fall, halloween. The theme relates to beauty products, because a part of the moon is always hidden, just like us, but this is the time to let all of our faces show. These products will allow us to really enhance our natural beauty, and really let us show off our true selves. 



$64.00 - 1.75 oz   Full Size

Wow! This mask is insane. First, this is a full size product with a great value. Second, I love face masks so much, and they are my number one favorite item to receive in my subscription boxes. Lastly, this makes smells great and leaves my skin super clean, rejuvenated, and bright. They say to layer it on thick, but you really don't need a lot to do that. It automatically goes on thick, so it will take quite a bit of time to use up this entire container. This smells like a product you would get from a health and wellness store, which makes sense, because it is cruelty free and vegan. If this were the only item in this month's box, I would be completely satisfied. This month's box is already killing it!


Lord & Berry Line/Shade Eyeliner in Dark Black

$18.00 - 0.03 oz   Full Size

I really like the Lord & Berry line, but I've already received their eyeliner in a few other subscription boxes. I guess I can't complain, because their eyeliners are really nice. They go on really smoothly, they last forever, and it gives a nice strong black line. Since I have a few of these already, I will probably just hold onto this one until my others run out, or pass it along to a friend. I really like this item, though, and it goes well with the all black theme I am starting to take notice of. Good product and great value. 


Bellapierre Cheek and Lip Stain in Coral

$19.99 - 0.176   Full Size

This is the one item that I wasn't too excited about in this month's box, but it is already growing on my. I prefer powders for my cheeks, because these stains always look a little fake on my face. This color is the perfect shade for my lips, though, and I like how the stain sticks to my lips and lasts forever. I could wear this alone, or apply lip gloss on top to give my lips a little shine. I have a few bellapierre product already, and this one goes along with their high quality and high pigmented products. Also, this full size product is such a great value. I do not understand how BoxyCharm does it. Also, this lip stain will really let a new side of me show. 



$12.00 - 0.5 oz   Full Size

I usually don't like receiving nail polishes in my subscription boxes, because I have so many, and I tend to not wear color on my nails that often. That being said, I really like this color, and is the perfect color for fall. Also, it is called Boneyards, so I just can't help but wear it this time of year. I didn't like that it took three layers to really get the color to show through on my nails, but after those three layers, my nails looked really great and ready for fall. I put this on my fingers, but I think this would look great on my toes too. Too bad no one will be seeing those again until summer. This is a great product, and goes perfectly with the theme and the black color coordinated products. 


Doucce Punk Volumizer Mascara in Black

$24.00 - 13.5 ml   Full Size

I was reading reviews on this product, and people didn't really like it too much. I have to disagree. This mascara isn't your typical separator and lengthening mascara, but instead creates some cool texture and volume. It does clump just a little, but if you brush through your lashes enough, those will go away. This "punk" mascara also goes with the theme really well and defiantly lets me show off a new side of me. October lets us show off a different and darker side, so this mascara is perfect to use all month long. Plus, it's another full size item at an excellent value. I wouldn't have paid that much, but I'm happy to have this item in my makeup collection. 


This month's box is so awesome, and BoxyCharm continues to surprise me. I really like the theme, every single one of the products, and I love how BoxyCharm knows this is the perfect month to darken things up a little. I am going to devour that face mask, and the mascara and nail polish will definitely get used all the time by me. This box has a value of $137.99. This box only costs $21, so that is the best value. I've only been receiving BoxyCharm for a few months, but it is quickly becoming one of my all favorite boxes to get in the mail each month. I can't wait to see what they have in store next month. 


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment