Thursday, February 25, 2016

Pet Gift Box January 2016 Review - Tail-Gate Party

My, well, my dog's, Pet Gift Box has arrived for January. Pet Gift Box is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least five full size items for your pet for the small price of $18.99. I've subscribed to a few other pet boxes in the past, but I've always liked this one the best. It is not only affordable, but it also delivers a wide variety of items. Other boxes will just give treats and toys, but this one always sends a few extras along with those items. I really enjoy this box, and my dog does too. 


Another thing I really like about this box are the themes. They always work perfectly with the month, and the items inside are curated with the theme in mind. This month's theme is Tail-Gate Party. The NFL playoffs are a big part of this month, and the big one is coming so soon. For the Superbowl, we always like to watch, eat a bunch of food, and drink some beers, but our dog is never included. I hope these items inside will allow us all to get in the spirit for the Superbowl, but also allow our fur baby to join in on the festivities. 



$7.99 - 4 oz

These treats are so cute, and they go perfectly with the theme. The treats have grill marks on them and appear like they are patties right off the grill. I really like the size of these treats, because they aren't too big or small. These would be the perfect treat to give him after taking him outside or for being a good listener. I tend to always receive small treats, but since he is an older dog, and he has already learned all of his tricks, we don't tend to use those as often. He really likes these treats, and eats them up instantly. I think these are really cute, and I am glad they are a part of this box. 


Brew Buddies Malted Barley Dog Treats

$9.99 - 6 oz

These aren't just your regular small reward treat, but these are beer bottle shaped and are actual beer flavored. I think that is so great and unique. They are on the smaller side though, so he eats them in one small bite, and doesn't really get that large of a reward from them. I prefer treats on the larger side, but these were really fun. I wasn't sure how the flavor would go over, because everyone isn't interested in the flavor of beer, but he really enjoyed them. I am guessing they have some meat flavoring. These are really cute and a really good idea, but they aren't my favorite treat.



$6.99 - 12 fl oz

This is a definite way to include my dog in on our drinking festivities. The drinking concoction is placed in a beer bottle and has beer flavoring, but it also includes meaty flavors. My dog actually received one of these for Christmas from one of my relatives, and while it wasn't this flavor, it was really fun to give our dog a "beer" while everyone else was drinking. I will definitely use this one for the Superbowl to allow my dog to join in on the party. I really liked this special treat, and it is the perfect little extra for this month's box. 


Howard Pet Products Vintage Flat Football Dog Toy

$6.99

What would a football themed box be without a football toy? This deflated antique ball looks just like I would expect, and it is the perfect toss toy for indoors. It is a little on the smaller side, but when throwing items indoors, I like to keep them small and soft. Also, since this is a "flat" ball, there isn't stuffing inside, and my dog won't want to tear it apart right away. He really likes this toy, and it has quickly become my favorite toss toy to play with him around the house. Also, what a cute toy to bring out for the Superbowl or any playoff game.  


Remarkabowl Pet-Pro Footbowl

$12.49

This is a really cute bowl, but I don't really want this out all the time, and it is a little stupid to only have this out one time a year. I am a big fan of college football, though, so we could put this out for fall and leave it until the end of football season. I think this would be another great item to bring to tailgate. Everyone would love seeing this bowl, and it would be a big hit. This is a sturdy bowl, and the quality is really nice. It is also really affordable for anyone that would like to get one of their own. I like these kinds of items, because it separates this box from all the other pet subscription boxes, but I am not in love with this item. I think I will mostly just store it away until it is football season. 


Overall, I am pretty happy with this month's box. It isn't my favorite they've ever curated, but I think the theme is perfect for the time of year, and the items all fit perfectly within the theme. The "beer" is my favorite item. It is really cute and clever. Those Grill-icious treats are my dog's favorite, and the toy is both cute and sturdy. The bowl isn't my favorite, because I am not sure I will get a lot use out of it. Those beer shaped treats are a little smaller than I like, so I probably won't go through those very quickly. This box has a value of $44.45. I spent less than $20 on this box, so that is more than double the value. I think this box is a great way to stock up on treats and toys for cheaper than purchasing them straight from the store. Also, it is a fun treat for both you and your dog. 


If you would like to try Pet Gift Box for yourself, or your loved fur baby, just click here. It is a great and affordable way to stock up on treats for the cutie in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment