Saturday, December 10, 2016

BarkBox November 2016 Review - Home for the Holidays

Yeah! My dog’s Barkbox has arrived for the month of November, and with the holiday is full swing, I am in the gift giving mood, and my dog makes it to the top of my list, so this box is the perfect way to receive great toys and treats at a great price. Barkbox is a monthly subscription box that delivers toys and treats to my door with a monthly theme for only $20 a month. (I went with the 12 month plan, but other plans are more expensive.) They also have three variations for your different sized dogs. I always opt for the medium sized dog box, as he is 25 pounds, and they do a great job of delivering gifts perfect for him.


This month’s theme is Home for the Holidays. Since we have the iconic Thanksgiving right around the corner, I think this is a great theme for this month. We are all traveling back home for a four day weekend, and my dog will be right by my side. I hope these toys and treats will be great for traveling back home as well. The box comes with an information card each month as well, and while they don’t go into detail about all the products in your box, they do go over many of the items. Also, there are so many cute cartoons and funny quotes, I really just enjoy reading it each month. 



Rocco & Roxie Supply Co Turkey Jerky Sticks

$8.00 - 5 sticks

One thing I love giving my dog, and my dog loves receiving, are jerky sticks. Treats get gobbled down so quickly, and within seconds he is begging for more, but these jerky sticks keep him occupied for at least an hour, and he loves chewing on these multiple nights in a row. Sometimes he won’t eat it all and “hide” it in the corner for later. There are only five sticks in this pouch, but they are larger than he is used to, so they will last. Also, this resealable bag keeps them fresh. I don’t know what this has to do with being home for the holidays, but he will definitely enjoy them. 





Bark & Co Pepper's Pumpkin Pie

$8.00

My all-time favorite dessert on Thanksgiving is pumpkin pie, so I think this is the perfect toy for this box and it is really so cute. This is a harder stuffed toy, which is perfect for tossing and shaking, but since it isn’t cheaply made, my dog will have a little bit of an issue breaking this one open. Other than the cute shape and even cuter whip cream topping, this toy is nothing special, (no pull or squeak), but my dog will still really enjoy this. And, I won’t even mind it lying around on the ground, unlike his other less cute toys. 





Butcher's Block Bones Knuckle Slice

$4.00

I have never bought such a treat for my dog, since they are usually really expensive and immediately and little threatening. I think of my dog as an innocent vegan most of the time, so treats like this show me his real wild side. I like that this resembles something that we would be serving at our dinner table, so he doesn’t have to be left out. Also, this is quite heavy, which means it will take him quite a while to munch down. I will probably give this to him while we are eating our Thanksgiving dinner, or to possibly keep him occupied while we are at the in-laws. In all, I really enjoy this addition, and I know he will as well. 





Bark & Co Nana's Leftover Sammy

$12.00

I cannot get over how freaking cute this toy is, and again how perfect it is for this holiday. This sandwich has all the fixings of Thanksgiving leftovers, which is familiar to all of us. Also, the ingredients are stacked separately with a stretchy elastic in the middle, so this stuffed toy doubles as a tug. My dog will absolutely love this multiuse toy, since he always wants to tug, toss, and shake all within the same play period. Honestly, I may love it more, because it is so cute. I think this is the winner for this month’s box, and seriously a reason I subscribe in the first place. 





Sawmill Creek Smokehouse Pig Ear Chew

$3.00

This box has been pretty great, until I got to this treat. I really can’t stand looking at these, let alone feed them to my dog. It is just too weird for me. Actually, he has a bag full of these ears that were gifted to him that I won’t give him. Another bummer, this makes three raw hide treats, and I am really wishing we had some grain or smaller treats. I guess I will have to suck it up and start handing these out, since I really don’t think I’ll just throw them away. He will definitely enjoy them more than myself.





Overall, this is a pretty good box for the holiday season. I think the toys were perfect, but the treats missed the target slightly. Other than the knuckle slice, nothing really went with the theme, which is strange for Barkbox. This month’s box has a value of $35. That is pretty good for a box that cost $20, but I would be a little bummed if I spent any more than that. Toys and treats are expensive in stores as well, so I did get quite a bit at a cheap price. That does make me happy.



If you would like to try Barkbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat your favorite fur baby, especially around the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment