Sunday, December 11, 2016

Popsugar Must Have CFDA 2016 Review

My Popsugar CFDA 2016 box has arrived, and I am even more excited than usual for this subscription box unboxing! Popsugar delivers special editions of their boxes a couple times a year alone with their monthly subscription boxes. These are more expensive, but offer much higher end products at a much higher value. This box originally went on sale in May for $225, but I received an amazing coupon much later in the year and only paid $105. I wouldn’t normally splurge like this, but it was such a great price, and I loved everything inside, so I couldn’t pass up on this amazing deal. I can’t wait to poke through everything!


This is the second year Popsugar curated a Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) box, which is a nonprofit devoted to help deliver the voice and art of designers across this nation. The products inside are the most fashionable pieces for summer, so you’ll definitely be styling. Also, 50% of proceeds are donated to this operation. That is a great cause, and you can really feel good about splurging on yourself. Just like the monthly box, it goes with a descriptive card foldout to give more details and prices about each item. I reading these to know more about each product but also keeping them as reminders.





$198.00

I live next to the ocean, and it is beautiful here most months of the year, so beach wear is a must in my wardrobe. I often don’t know what to wear while lounging by the sea, as I don’t want to overexpose my skin, but my street clothes are just too heavy. This cover-up is the perfect resolution. It is super light and breezy, but still covers me from neck to knees. Also, it is really cute. I love that it could easily double as a dress if I were to head to the outdoor bar after catching some rays. These colors are perfect and really trendy as well. I love this cover-up, and it will be a must in my beach bag. Also, this is double I paid on the box, so what a deal!




$195.00

Every girl could use a makeup pouch for their vanity, travel, or even your workout bag, so this is already a really practical item. Also, this is really high quality and made with real leather. The quality does mirror the price, though, and I would never even consider spending this much on a makeup bag. I have a feeling, fans of Phillip Lim wouldn’t mind that price tag on the other hand. The front of the bag has a really fun quote, “Stop and smell the flowers,” which is perfect for summer, and I think every girl would enjoy that saying. This pouch fits in the category of, I would never pay that much for this item, but I am happy to receive it in this box. To be honest, it just adds to the value.




$32.00

I have never owned, used, let alone, heard of S’well bottles, but I guess they are a fan favorite, and I am starting to understand why. First, they are really nice quality. They can keep liquid hot or cold for hours, which is really nice when it is sweltering hot or bitter cold, and you want your drink to cool you down or heat you up. Also, it is quite heavy, which means it is durable. I could see myself bringing this with me on a hiking trip or filling it with hot coco for those chilly football tailgates. This design is really cute, but it isn’t exactly my style, which is a bummer. That won’t keep my from using it, I just won’t be using it as much. I think this will go in my beach bag as well.




$95.00

I am a big fan of fragrance collection sets, because I love mixing up my scent by my mood and occasion, so large bottles are a way too much for me. These trial size perfume bottles offer you about 20 uses each, but since I switch it up so often, they really last forever. Also, these are larger than your normal trial size bottle, so this could last about 30 uses each. There is a great range on scents too. This collection has everything from your woodsy musk to your flowery eau de perfume. This set is one of my favorite items in this box, and I will be using this collection forever. If you wanted, these can be split up to add to the packages of gifts for friends or coworkers around the holidays. 




$28.00 - 4.4 oz 

I am a millennial, so the Olsen twins are a part of my childhood. Now that they are grown up, their products have grown up too, and this is a great representation of their higher end brand. While I prefer dry shampoo that's main job is to soak up oil, this does a great job at adding a refreshing scent and giving hair an extra dose of volume. First of all, this scent is amazing, and one of my favorite of all time. Also, one light spray leaves my hair smelling amazing for hours, even without washing it for a few days. I would never purchase this product at this price, but I am happy I received one in this box. 




$177.00

This is my favorite item in this box, and it could be my all time favorite item I've ever received in a subscription box ever. This packaging was amazing, this really sturdy, and possibly a little too large of a case came inside another thick box, so if these shades aren't the best for your face shape, they would make a great gift. Second, these glasses are perfect. The mirrored lens give the hollywood glam appeal, but the club master shape is as classic as aviators. Also the tortuous shell coloring makes these glasses perfect for every outfit. I will be wearing these for seasons to come, and they will definitely be the first shades I throw on before I leave the house. 


This box was downright amazing. This was the first time I've received a special edition Popsugar box, and I definitely started on the right note. Those sunglasses were perfect, and I will use each and every single one of those perfumes. Also, trips to the beach will be much more enjoyable with that coverup and water bottle. That dry shampoo isn't exactly your normal dry shampoo, but it will definitely get used. The only item I'm not in love with is the pouch, but it will still come in handy. I just feel like I shouldn't messy up such an expensive item. This month's box has a value of $725, which is incredible. I paid only $105 on this box, and this has a value seven times that, so this really can't get any better. 


If you would like to try Popsugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself, and they make a great gift as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment