Friday, December 16, 2016

PopSugar Must Have December 2016 Review

Yeah! My Popsugar Must Have box has arrived for the month of December, and since holiday boxes are the best, I am really excited to see what’s inside. Popsugar Must Have is a monthly subscription box for $39.95 that delivers the best in beauty, fashion, fitness, home, food, and books for only $39.95. This box always has a value over $100, so it is worth what you pay, but they also offer discounted rates with longer subscriptions. I pay about $29.95 per box. This is one of my favorite subscription boxes, because they send a great variety of products most everyone will enjoy. Also, this box is the best way to spruce up your home, closet, and makeup cabinet at an affordable price. I can’t wait to see what this month has in store.


Instead of a theme, Popsugar has monthly inspirational words or phrases that they use to curate each box. This month’s inspirations are Festive, Snowy, White, Minimalist, Giving, and Celebrations. I think that these aren’t just great holiday themed words, but they are also great for the first winter month. I love seasons, even winter, so I love products that get me ready to embrace the cold. Also, I could always use some new products for the holidays. I am hoping for a sparkly accessory, an outdoor hat or scarf, and maybe some home décor themed around celebratory bubbly. I am really interested in seeing what the minimalist product may be. That is one word I would use to describe my style, so I know it will be great.



Odeme Catchall + Ring Dish Set

$67.00

This must be the minimalist item right here, as this stark white catchall would fit in perfectly with any crisp home décor. But that’s not all, this would work great with a classic or bold household design as well. Personally, it reminds me of Hollywood glam, as it would work great on your vanity to place all your perfume bottles and red lipsticks. Popsugar also believes this would be great for your night stand or desk as well, but I will be putting it on the shelf next to the front door, as that is where we like to throw mail, keys, and wallets. The additional smaller dish would be great to carry any loose change. I love this design, and it goes great with my décor. Even as a catchall, this really pulls my room together and gives a home to everything. 




Baublebar Snowfall Pendant

$28.00

I think every single girl loves Baublebar, as their jewelry is great quality and always on trend. This “snowfall” pendant necklace is both classic and flashy with its globe circular pendant and mirrored reflection. It is pretty long, which is a bummer, because I’ve been into chocker styles lately, but at least I know it won’t go out of style anytime soon. I think this would look great with a lighter sweater or with a low neckline. This isn’t my favorite piece of jewelry Popsugar has ever sent, but it is much better than some. Plus, I think this is a great piece for winter, but can also be worn into spring and summer as well.



Mane Message Date Night Bobby Pins

$10.00

I am a huge bobby pin wearer, and I especially love pinning my curls back for a night out, so these glitter bobby pins are absolutely perfect for me. Also, since I tend to get dressed up even more often this time of year, I’d say that these will get a lot of use. I love the silver and gold, which would match any night out look, while the pink plated bobby pin is great for everyday use. These are a little larger than I am used to, so I’ll have to play with them a little, but that is definitely the style. I love these bobby pins, and while they aren’t a huge item, they could possibly be my favorite. I will be getting a lot of use out of these. 




Winky Lux Lip Pill in Bunny

$14.00 - 0.14 oz

I don’t usually look forward to makeup products as much, because I have so much of everything, and I’ll never be able to go through what I have, but this lipstick is so freaking cute, and I have to say, it is an amazing color. This dark, reddish-pink is so beautiful, and I love it for the holidays. I could see this working great for Christmas Eve dinner, or even New Year’s Eve. It is really versatile. Also, this packaging is the cutest. It is shaped like a pill, and I will feel so chic pulling this out of my purse and reapply at a party or dinner. The icing on the cake, this is a matte finish with moisturizer. I love matte lips, but I hate how dry it feels. This looks great without drying me out. I love this lipstick, and I know it will be in a small rotation this month.  



Sisters' Gourmet Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix

$7.00 - 11.8 oz

This food item is exactly what I’d expect from a holiday box. These cookie ingredient jars have been around quite a bit these last few years, but they have grown with popularity in the last few months. I think these are perfect for this time of year for a few reasons. First, cookies are a must for the holidays. My mother is in the kitchen every night the week before Christmas making a ton of goodies, and cookies are my first pick. Second, the holidays are hectic enough, so anyway to simplify is appreciated. Since most of the ingredients are already included, it is easy to whip these together and throw them in the oven. Third, if you aren’t a fan of cookies (who isn’t, though), this would make a great gift to a coworker or delivery man. This is a great food item for the month, and I can’t wait to make them this weekend. 




Dessange Top Coat Serum 

$12.00 - 3.4 oz

When you have dull hair, it can really drag down your entire look, but this product will make it shine again. With ingredients like vitamin E, this product will help bring shine back while protecting color. In the summer, the sun does a lot of terrible things to my shine and color, so this product will be great for me, just not this time of year. I will say, I tried it out, and it worked instantly. My hair was much shinier and looked really healthy. Also, it smells really nice, so I wouldn’t mind using this all the time. I am sure other girls have the hair winter blues, but I will be saving this for those hot summer days. I don’t think this is my favorite item in the box, but it will definitely get used.



This month’s box wasn’t the most exciting thing, and they didn’t hit it out of the park, but I really liked a lot of the products. Those trays will look great in my house, and it will be so nice to organize some of those things that don’t have a home. Those bobby pins and that lipstick are both great as well. I also like the necklace, cookie mix, and hair serum, but I could also go without. This month’s box has a value of $138. That is great for only paying $30, and I think that well paid for those items that I really enjoy. I am kind of bummed this wasn’t more holiday themed, but I will say everything can be regifted. The next box is a new year, and I am hoping for some refreshing and renewing products for 2017.


If you would like to try Popsugar Must Have for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself, but it also makes a great present as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment