Friday, December 16, 2016

Birchbox December 2016 Review - Shine On!

Yea! My last Birchbox has arrived for 2016, and since holiday boxes are my favorite, I am really excited to see what it inside. Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription box that delivers five samples, and sometimes full size products, of the best in hair, nails, face, body, and makeup all around a monthly theme. They curate their boxes around your beauty profile, so you are bound to get products that you love and will use. I feel like Birchbox knows me best out of all the boxes I receive, and I’ve discovered so many great products and brands that are now everyday products in my beauty routine. I can’t wait to see what Birchbox has in store for me for December, and I hope to find some new favorites.


This month’s theme is Shine On! These brilliant products will help you shine your brightest all through December. I love this theme, because everything is shiny this month, from holiday decorations to New Year’s Eve dresses, and these products will help you look your best for those holiday parties and every day between. I am hoping for some great mascara or highlighter and possibly some moisturizer to keep my skin looking great. This box design is also great for the holiday season. It looks like a couture gift all wrapped up, and in a way, this box is a little gift to myself every month. I think I am going to use this to wrap up someone else’s present. Why not reuse?!  


Birchbox is also getting into the giving sprit, and each box includes some cut out gift cards and a pocket mirror. I love these little extras, and while they aren't expensive, they are both very practical and will definitely be used. What a special gift from Birchbox to all their subscribers. 




$18.00 - 6 ml    ($12.00 Value)

I’m already a huge fan of this brow gel, and perfect timing really, because I just ran out. This brow gel has the perfect medium hold to keep those lashes in place without making them appear hard or crunchy. Also, this dries absolutely clear and doesn’t flake, so this would be the great top coat to your brow pencil. Personally, I feel like it does a great job blending in those drawn in lines to create a professionally done look. I love this brow gel, and it is my favorite out of the few I’ve tried, Plus, this will last me a while, so I won’t have to restock for a few months. What a great start to this month’s box.




$5.99 - 1 mask    (Full Size!)

I absolutely love receiving masks, especially sheet masks in my subscription boxes, because I would normally never purchase them on my own, because they aren’t always too cheap, but I love using them after my skin is looking a little down or after a long weekend. This sheet mask is enriched with a main ingredient known as “miracle oil.”  This Himalayan camellia flower oil smooth rough and congested skin while other ingredients minimize pores, soothes irritated skin, and visibly reduces fine lines and discoloration. Most of the sheet masks I have left mainly tackle dry skin, so it is nice to see a mask that will take care of other issues. I think this mask will be perfect to use before New Year’s Eve, or possibly after to cure your skin’s hangover.




$23.00 - 150 ml    ($3.83 Value)

I have the driest feet, especially during the winter, and they can get pretty itchy, so this foot cream is well appreciated. With main ingredients jojoba oil, chamomile, and aloe vera, this thick cream hydrates, soothes inflammation and soreness, purifies, and eliminates bacteria. Anytime I find a foot cream that deeply hydrates, but also renews, I am all in. Also, this smells nice and refreshing, so it even perfumes my feet slightly. I really like this cream, and I would think about repurchasing. Unfortunately, this sample won’t last me too many uses, which is a bummer. I will have to save this to get my shoes ready for New Year’s Eve heels after weeks of wool socks.




$10.00 - 0.05 oz    (Full Size!)

I love that Birchbox has their own beauty lines, so they are way more reluctant to not only send out full size products, but they also tend to send them often, so I can get a great assortment. I have a few of these in my collection, and they are go to products, so when I saw this sample choice, I knew I had to add it in my collection. This LOC shadow stick can be used as a single color for those rushed mornings, or with your own shadow palette to create a multi-color look. I think they have great basic colors, and they are so simple to use that you really can’t go wrong. What I really like about this color is the multiuse capability. You can use this as a highlighter or on your brow bone to lift your face. This pearl shade is perfect for the holidays as well.




$20.00 - 3.2 oz    ($6.25 Value)

Klorane is one of my all time favorite hair brands, and I am a dry shampoo user, so this product is perfect for me. This dry shampoo is made with oat milk, corn, and rice starches to soak up grease, volumize, and cleanse your day two (or three) hair. It also soaks up sweat and can be used as a texturizer, so this can go into your gym bag or for those updos as well. I think this does a great job at making my hair look freshly washed, but it also smells amazing. That is good for second day hair as well, as that fresh shampoo scent has long disappeared. This is a smaller sample for dry shampoo, so it won’t last me too many uses, so I think I may save this for actual travel, because those regular sized bottles are ginormous.


Overall, I am really happy with this month’s box, and it is one of my favorites of all time. They did a really great job of curating a box I would love, and it is filled with items and brands I would definitely pick out on my own, if I knew they all existed. I have to say, I tried to pick out my favorite item, but they are all winners in my mind. This box has a value of $38.07. That is pretty great for a box that only cost $10, and that is not including the little extras. I am in love with this box and this subscription, and they really ended 2016 with a bang! Hopefully the new year will be just as amazing.


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself or a loved one with beauty products all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment