Saturday, December 10, 2016

Target Beauty Box November 2016 Review - Beauty Ballot

Yeah! My Target Beauty Box has arrived for the month of November, and I am really excited about checking out all the beauty products this month. Target Beauty Box is not exactly a subscription box, because you have to purchase each one separately, but like a subscription box, they come out every month and deliver full size beauty products and some samples to your door for $5, $7, or $10 depending on the value of the box. This box was originally $10, but it dropped to $7, so I had to swoop it up quickly. They usually have a value around $20, so it nice value, but mostly it’s a great way to try out new products from your favorite brands, or those affordable higher end brands.


Now, Target Beauty Box has a theme, as they originally didn’t, but the themes don’t really work with their products. I’d say, the items inside are mostly curated by the season, which is still nice. This month’s theme is ??? I like that it goes along with the most important event of this month, really this year, but it is a sad reminder at how the elections ended. Target also delivers an itemized card with each of their products. They don’t list prices, since they change from region to region, but they do include a little description of everything inside. These are fun to hold onto for reminders on what you loved or didn’t. I can’t forget about the coupon within each box as well.




$3.57 - 12.6 oz    ($0.48 Value)

This isn’t the first time I’ve been sent let alone tried this this product, but I am not sad to see yet another sample in this box. This thickening shampoo takes what you love about L’Oreal products and adds a volumizing agent to give your hair an extra lift. I have very fine and flat hair, so any volumizing I can get is a plus. Also, this shampoo works great as it cleans my scalp and leaves my hair shiny. I am going to hold onto this sample for those travel days that I need a great shampoo on the go. I would definitely consider purchasing the full size product, they just have to stop sending it to me first.




$24.99 - 1.7 oz    ($5.88 Value)

This satin soft cream is created with alpine rose, pomegranate, and aloe vera to naturally tone, soothe, nourish, and revive sensitive skin. At first use, I was amazed by the smell. It is soft, yet beautiful, and make the product feel more luxurious. Second, the cream is really light, which makes it perfect for wearing underneath makeup. Unfortunately, though, during these colder months, I prefer something a little thicker and more hydrating. I do like that this is made without GMOs and gluten. I will say, as well, I did notice my face toning down on the redness when using this. I think I will keep this for next spring, when I prefer something lighter, but it will get used up quickly then.




$1.99 - 1.75 oz    (Full Size!)

This is a product that we all know and love, and icing on the cake, as it is our first full size product. I’m not a fan of the packaging (who likes foil holders), but I am obsessed with this product. The hair mask also doubles as a deep conditioner and can even replace your daily conditioner once or twice a week. I love how it leaves my hair super soft and ultra shiny. I swear I get compliments when I use this. Also, it smells great, and stays with your hair all day long. I sometimes still smell it at night when I’m cuddled up on the couch. Even though this isn’t a new discovery, I am excited to receive more of this product, and this pouch will last me a few uses.




$24.00 - 5 ct    ($4.80 Value)

Again, this is the second time I’ve received this item from Target, but instead of complaining, I am thrilled. I absolutely love this gel mask, because it feels higher quality than your typical sheet mask, but also leaves your skin completely hydrated and refreshed. I think this is the perfect product for this time of year, because this dry and cold weather leaves my skin super dry, but it also helps cure and dispose of any redness created by that harsh wind. Even though this is usually sold in a pack, I consider this a full size product, since they are normally sold separately, which makes it an even greater addition to this month’s box.




$23.99    ($6.00 Value)

I am a fan of W3ll products, especially since they are mostly all natural, and really care about the environment and animals. Also, their products match the quality and effectiveness of most higher end brands. This highlighter normally comes in a stick, which would be much easier for applying, especially with this thicker cream formula, but I was still able to get this product where I wanted to apply on my face. I usually skip the highlighter step, since I already use blush or bronzer, but this left a beautiful opal color that really let my face pop. I think this would be perfect for Christmas parties and of course New Year’s, which is right around the corner.




$5.99 - 0.24 fl oz    (Full Size!)

The one thing I will never skip before leaving the house is a swipe of mascara. My lashes have to stand out, and I am always looking for bigger and more beautiful lashes. This volumizing primer goes on before your mascara and plumps them up before you even add a layer of color. You could even wear this alone to give your lashes more volume, but avoiding any extra color. With just one use, I am really excited about this product. It does such a great job of adding volume without the clumping that normal goes with. Also, this is a full size product, and is almost the cost of the box itself, so what a great value.




$5.99 - 0.01 oz    (Full Size)

I am glad I didn’t see this until the end, because while I am a fan of every single think in this box, this would be my one hiccup. I rarely wear eyeliner, maybe once a month, and I receive so many of them in my subscription boxes that it would be impossible to go through them all. That being said, for a drug store brand, this eyeliner does work really well. I was able to create nice line, and it did last all night. I really wish I would stop receiving so much eyeliner, but maybe I could pass this along to a friend that would really appreciate it.


Overall, I really enjoy this month’s box. That eyelash primer is a complete win, and the gel and hair masks are two products that I loved and happy to receive again. That shampoo will definitely be used on my next trip, and the brightener will be a great touch over the holidays. I really enjoy that day cream as well, but I will have to save it for warmer months. The only flop was the eyeliner, but it did add to the value of the box. On that note, this month’s box has a value of $31.13. That is great for only spending $7.00 total, and I will use all the product but one. This was a great box, but I wish it matched this fall month a bit better. I can’t wait for



If you would like to try Target Beauty Box for yourself, just keep an eye out on the first Monday of the month. They sell out quickly, so many sure you purchase as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment