Friday, December 16, 2016

Ipsy Glambag December 2016 Review - Carpe P.M.

Yea! My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of December, and I am really excited to see what is in store for me this month. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that delivers five sample and full size beauty products for hair, nails, skin, and face for only $10. Also, all the products come in a specially curated makeup bag with that month’s theme. Each bag has a value over $30, and they usually value around $50, so you really get your monies worth. Also, they send a wide range of products based on your beauty profile, so they are bound to send you items you love.


This month’s theme is Carpe P.M. With holiday parties all month long, and New Year’s Eve at the end of the month, we will all be pulling some late nights. And not just late nights, but glitz and glam and stay out until the bars close kind of nights. I am guessing these products are going to be filled with glitter and have pops of color. I wouldn’t be surprised for some morning after masks and hydration creams as well. This makeup bag is so fabulous. The outside fabric is a pink fringe, and the Ipsy label is a plastic plate. Normally, they aren’t anything too special, so this is so much fun. Since it is a little fancy, I would hate to toss makeup that would messy it up, but this is really too cheap to use as a clutch. I am going to brainstorm in the meantime.



Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco Deep Hydrating Treatment

$2.99 - 1.69 oz    (Full Size!)

I am already a huge fan of this deep conditioner, and love how it makes my hair look and feel. With ingredients like argan oil, keratin, and grape seed oil, this cream combats damage, breakage, split ends, dryness, dullness, and frizz. It also leaves hair hydrated and restored. Normally, I use this when my hair has become unmanageable, and it’s lost some of it’s luster. Within one use, my hair is looking renewed. I love keeping this product around, so this is much welcomed. Also, this would be a great product to get your hair ready for the holidays, and to cure it from all the damage of styling it once the holidays are over. I like trying new products from this subscription, but at least this is one I know I already love. 




Benefit Cosmetics the POREfessional face primer

$31.00 - 0.75 fl oz    ($4.23 Value)

This primer is a fan favorite, and I am actually surprised I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet. That is why this is probably the most exciting product in this box. With just a small dab, this product quickly minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines. It also leaves your face feeling very smooth. I really appreciate the versatility. You can apply this alone, under, or over makeup. Most primers are for under makeup only, but sometimes you need a smooth finish once it’s all over, so this will definitely come in handy. The icing on the cake, this protects skin from free radicals, which is great for my city living. I absolutely love this primer, and I understand the hype. Plus, this sample will last me quite a few uses, because you don’t have to use that much.



MicaBeauty Angle Eye Shadow Brush

$22.95

One of the perks of the Ipsy subscription are the amount of beauty tools they also include in their bags. I've received beauty blenders, eyelash curlers, and of course, a wide variety of brushes. This angle brush is absolutely perfect for getting those sharp creases or smudging out your shadow liner. I actually don't have one of these in my collection yet, so this is happily excepted. Also, this brush is great quality, and since I wouldn't spend this much on an angle eyeshadow brush, so it is great that I received it in this box. I don't think I will be using this that often, but it will definitely come in handy when I am really doing up my eye makeup. 



NYX Professional Makeup Prismatic Shadow in Bedroom Eyes

$6.00 - 0.043 oz    (Full Size!)

I love natural colors on my face, because they compliment my skin tone really well, so I get really excited to receive them in my subscription boxes. But, this color is so much more. This bronze has a shimmer that appears like actual metal, and it really dresses up your eyes. I think this is a perfect shade for this time of year, because everything tends to glitter, and we have a lot to celebrate. I think this color would look great on it's own or mixed in with a complete eye look. Also, this is a full sized eyeshadow, so you know you will never run out of this beautiful color. This is a great item, and I am really excited Ipsy included it in my subscription this month. 



Ciate London Liquid Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick in Pin Up

$19.00 - 6.5 ml    ($5.84 Value)

You may have heard it before, but I am not a fan of liquid lipstick. I do like how it lasts forever and they create the best matte finish, but they are so drying. I have to say, this isn't as drying as your normal liquid lipstick, but it definitely isn't my favorite tinted moisturizer. Unfortunately, even with this formula that doesn't dry out my lips, this isn't a color I am lusting over. It looks a little dated and matronly. That being said, I think I will pass this product off to a friend or someone in my family. I am sure they will enjoy it much more than me. On the plus side, this is a pretty big sample, and it will last you a while. 


Overall, I am pretty happy with this month's Ipsy Glambag. Everything from the makeup bag to the products inside, I think they really did a great job. That Porefessional is a great discovery, and I am happy to have more organ oil treatment in my shower. That shadow will get used all the time, and that eyeshadow brush adds a lot of value. The only thing I'm not over the moon about is that liquid lipstick, but I'd say that's great odds. This month's bag has a value of $42.01, and that's not even including the makeup bag. That is pretty darn great for a subscription that cost $10. 2016 has been a great year for Ipsy, and I hope they continue to improve. I can't wait to see what the next year brings. 


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat yourself, and it makes a great gift as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment