Sunday, May 21, 2017

Sephora Play! April 2017 Review - Step it Up!

My Sephora Play! box has arrived for the month of April, and I am really excited to see what is inside. Sephora Play! is one of my newer subscriptions and it is slowly making it's way to the top of my list. This box delivers six beauty samples (mostly deluxe) of products sold at Sephora collaborated around a theme and sent in a cute bag. These products range from hair, skin care, makeup, and they always include a perfume sample. This box only costs $10, and the value is always close to $40, so you won't just get a great selections of samples to try out, but you'll get your monies worth as well. 

This month's theme is Step it Up! These products are going to take your beauty routine to the next level. We are a people of habit, and our beauty routine probably looks the same day in and day out, but this box is here to help. Whether it be a product we never knew we needed or one that will take two out to save time, these products will switch it all up. This theme is really fun, and they do a great job of delivering products that go along well with it, so this month is sure to please. This month's bag is pretty simple and not too exciting. After a while, these tend to be giveaway items because I have so many.



Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream


$52.00 - 1.6 oz    ($8.13 Value)

This face moisturizer is like science in a bottle. It is made with concentrated hyaluronic acid that transforms atmospheric vapor into fresh and pure water. This gives your extreme hydration that lasts up to three days. I am really interested in trying out this product, because it will help with dullness, uneven texture, and fine lines. I really don't know how this will last three days, because I was my face twice a day, but it's good to know it will keep my face hydrated between washes. This cream feels great on my face, and I am happy to switch this out with my current face moisturizer. 




$24.00 - 0.5 oz    ($12.00 Value)

Taglined as "the Hollywood 2-minute facial," this exfoliater will smooth and polish skin to reveal a glowing and radiant complexion. After washing your face, use this product on damp skin to scrub away dead skin, sooth texture, and even skin tone. I am always in a hurry, so I don't like adding an extra step to my routine, but I could find time once a week. With just one use, this did leave my skin looking and feeling great. I am surprised at how well it worked. I don't think I would purchase this again because of the price, but it just may be worth it. 




$36.00 - 1 oz    ($9.00 Value)

I am so excited to receive yet another of this fan favorite primer. While this is already a part of my beauty routine, I tend to use it only for weekend nights out, as I want to use as little as possible so I can have it longer. This sample will allow me to use it a few more times a week. This product is a fan favorite because it works. Not only does it smooth your skins texture by reducing the look of fine lines and pores, but it helps foundation and your other makeup last forever. While I love sampling new products and brands, it is always nice to stock up on products that I love.




$21.00 - 0.04 oz    ($5.25 Value)

Seriously, this is yet another black eyeliner that I will never be able to go through. While I do wear eyeliner once in a while, it is not part of my daily routine, and it takes me about a year to make it through one pencil. Even though I don't use them that often, I do still like to try out new formulas. I really like this matte black color, and I am also impressed at how long it lasts. It is super creamy and goes on without any tugging. If I were a big eyeliner wearer, I would definitely purchase this, but this sample will be enough for me. 




$11.00 - 4.2 oz    ($2.20 Value)

I really like the Sephora line, because it is an affordable alternative to the other products they sell, but they still really care about the ingredients and how well they work. This makeup remover will take away even the most stubborn waterproof eyeliner and mascara, but it won't irritate your skin. This formula will also strengthen lashes with each use so you get an added bonus to your normal routine. I really like this product, and the packaging is super cute as well. This is a great ending to a batch of new beauty routine products. 




$80.00 - 1.7 oz    ($1.88 Value)

As I mentioned before, every box delivers a perfume sample. Unlike most, I really like perfume samples. I don't like to stick to a single scent, because I get bored and I like to switch it up depending on the occasion and my mood. These samples give me a few days use, which I really love. This scent by Marc Jacobs is super floral with notes of strawberry and white woods as well. This isn't a scent that I would normally wear, but it reminds me of spring, so I could see myself wearing it on a rainy day to keep my spirits up or one of those early spring snows. This would be great for everyday wear as well. 



This month's box was pretty great. I am a huge fan of four of the six, while the other two I will still be able to use. I was able to try out some new discovered brands and products, but also stock up on favorites, all while updating my beauty routine. I am most excited about that cloud cream and exfoliater, but the makeup remover and primer are amazing too. This month's box has a value of $38.46. That is pretty great for a $10 box, especially since I really like everything inside.


If you would like to try Sephora Play! for yourself, just click here. It is a great subscription to try out the best and newest in beauty at a great price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment