Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Bulu Box April 2015 Review

Bulu Box is quickly becoming one of my favorite subscription boxes. I have been working hard to be healthier by what and how much I eat, working out, and taking supplements. I have noticed a big change, and Bulu Box helps me discover new ways to help with this transition. Also, it is quite cheap. It costs only $10 a month, but it is basically free. With each box ordered, you get $5 in reward points and at least $5 by reviewing the products. That means with every $10 box you get $10 to spend in their shop. You get the chance to purchase your favorite item from each box for $10 off, or save them up over a few months and get the item completely free. 


Each box comes with a item card that lists out each item, the full size cost, and their description on how they will help you and how they are used. This is really helpful, because the labels of the products don't always explain how they are used, and I like to see how much the full size item costs. That helps me figure out the value of the box and decide if I want to purchase the full size item. On the back of each card is a sample journal where you can write how you felt before and after each sample. I write everything down and keep these for when my points add up. I like to go back and see what I've really liked and what I could do without. 


Martha Stewart Essentials Digestive Health 

$16.99 - 60 capsules 

This is a product that I've been interested in trying. I was almost going to buy it, so I am glad I waited. This is a full size item with a 30 day supply. This is more than I expected from Bulu Box and pleasantly surprised. These supplements appear to be all natural and are supposed to help with digestion by absorbing all healthy nutrients and reduce all bloating and discomfort. I've been taking two tablets with a meal each day and while I am not sure I notice anything different, I definitely haven't felt bloated or any food discomfort since. I really like to think that these are taking effect. I am happy with the Martha Stewart branding, and feel like she really thought her products through. I will probably be buying these again once my supply is up. 


SK Energy Shot in Strawberry Lemonade

$25.99 - 12 bottles       

I don't normally take energy shots. I am a big coffee and tea drinker and even splurge on Red Bull once in a while, even though I try not to drink them that often because of their ingredients. Energy shots normally taste disgusting to me. This wasn't too terrible. I wouldn't mind taking this shot every once in a while. The energy was almost instant, and it wasn't too much that I needed to sit down or eat something. I like the natural ingredients and wouldn't mind trying the other flavors. The lemonade was a little too tart for me. I would definitely pick these up at the store instead of any other energy shot. 


Ovega-3 DHA + EPA

$24.99 - 60 capsules        

I used to take a fish oil every single day to help with heart health and nail and hair strength, but I hated the size of each pill and how I burped up fish all day. These supplements are a fish oil alternative and are packed with Omega 3's. This will last me only four days, so I am not sure that I will be able to see or feel a difference, but the pills were easier to take, and I didn't burp up fish the entire day. Plus, these are GMO free, so I feel much better about taking these. Overall, I really liked this sample, and will consider purchasing these in the future. I think I'd be more likely to grab them if I saw them in a drug store then purchase them online. I just don't want them that badly. 


Sun Chlorella Granules

$36.00 - 100 packets      

These granules are stocked full of green algae, the new superfood to cure all. After reading up on it's benefits, I realized that algae is very beneficial. This superfood helps with digestion, boosts energy levels, promotes immune systems, joint movement, thinking, memory, and vision. These are all things that I would love help with. They suggest to pour this into any drink, smoothie, or to sprinkle over any meal. I wasn't to excited to put this on food, because I didn't want it to ruin dinner, so I threw it in a smoothie. I could barely taste it. I haven't noticed any true difference except the increased energy, but I will be purchasing more to see the true results. 


Rootology: Breathe Free

$18.99 - 40 capsules        

I think that this is the perfect item for spring. Around this time of year, everyone is dealing with sinuses and itchy eyes. I don't really have these issues, though, so this isn't the best product for me. I gave this to my boyfriend, who has a hard time around spring with his allergies and sinuses. He took the one day supply when he was feeling really bad and did notice some changes. His eyes were still super itchy, but he could definitely breath a little easier. He said that his regular medicine works a lot better, but at least this product is all natural and not full of chemicals. I won't be purchasing this particular product, but I do like this brand and would be happy to try out their other supplements. 


I am extremely happy with this month's box. Not only did I get a full size item, but I absolutely love it. I also received another item that I will be purchasing for certain. Only one of the items is something that didn't apply to me. I have been feeling healthier after taking these supplements, which is the main goal in the first place. I estimate this box to be worth $22.50, which is mainly in thanks of the full size item. I spent $10 on this box and will get that back to spend in the rewards shop, so the value of the box doesn't take the cost into account.   


If you would like to try Bulu Box for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month, you could be on your way to a healthier you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment