Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Rocksbox February 2015 Review

I was given the opportunity to try Rocksbox free for one month, so I decided to give it a try. Rocksbox is a jewelry subscription box for $19 a month that sends you three pieces of jewelry at a time to wear as much as you like. You may send the box back as many times as you like during your month subscription and they will send you three more pieces. If there is an item you would like to keep, just don't send it back, and they will charge it to your account. Each month comes with $10 towards your purchase, which you can save up, or spend towards the items you want to keep each month. I can't wait to see what Rockbox has in store for me this month. 


The subscription doesn't officially start until they ship it out. That gives you 30 days with your $19 monthly subscription. If you get a box that you wear instantly or just don't care for, you can send it back right away and get three more pieces within the same subscription month. My subscription started on the 5th when it was shipped out, yet I didn't actually receive my box until the 17th. That is over an entire week that was taken away from my subscription. That is really disappointing, since I have to return this before the 5th of the next month before I get charged with another month. Also, that means I could really only get one box for the month, because they slow boat it my mailbox. A little shaddy if you ask my. They have to work out these kinks before I would want to subscribe to this box full time. 


The box is really cute and felt really high end. Too bad we don't get to keep it. I would loved to have kept this on my shelf to put my own jewelry inside. The card inside it really nice too. They personalize each box by typing the card with my name inside and explain why they chose each piece. After all the wait, I want to not like this box, but this is really cute and special. 


The card also lets you rate the items inside. They promote you to do this to get your next box faster. I am a little angry by this. They should automatically send your box as fast as they can, but only promote rating this items with reward points to spend on the items or as a way that they can learn more about their customer to curate better boxes in the future. I do like that they include the member price on the card so you know the cost incase you want to keep the item. The prices are on the pricey side, so just know going into this, they aren't sending you costume jewelry. With reward points, you unfortunately cannot purchase a item that you already sent back, so if you love it, you have to keep it at that moment, even if you don't have all the reward spend saved up. Also, your spend expires quickly, so you will have to spend a little of your own money, because the prices again aren't cheap.  


Each piece of jewelry is well packaged to keep it in pristine condition. I like the little baggies and even used them when packing the jewelry for a weekend away. Also, this way, they always arrive to you without breaking or tangling. This is a nice addition to a subscription box that has been full of disappointments. 


Perry Street Jenna Necklace

$64 - $51 Insiders' Price

Before your subscription begins, you take a quiz for Rocksbox to understand your style, and you also can go through their entire collection to pick a few items you love. This is one of these items. Rocksbox will always send you one of the items that you picked out yourself and curate the rest of the box to fit your item. I love this necklace, I am totally into statement pieces and hate delicate jewelry. If I wear any jewelry, you are going to notice. I wore this with a simple collared shirt butted to the top and transformed my outfit from day to night. This would look great with a plain t-shirt or dress. You can really dress this piece up or down. I would have considered purchasing this item with my points in the future, but unfortunately, after I send it back, I won't get the opportunity to purchase it in the future. 


Gorjana Roya Shimmer Ring

$53 - $42 Insiders' Price


This is a piece Rocksbox picked out for me based on my profile and to go along with my statement piece. While I don't understand why this item was sent to me, I don't hate it. I like the cool design with the eye, but I don't care for the tiny fake diamonds. If I wore a ring this dainty, I would want the diamonds to be real. Also, this doesn't really go along with the statement necklace. I would wear these two pieces with completely different outfits. The statement necklace is a fun and wild piece, while the ring would be something I'd wear with a little black dress, or any formal event. This is an item that I wouldn't normally wear and would never pick out for myself. 



Sophie Harper Pave Infinity Bracelet

$56 - $44 Insiders' Price


Again, I do not know why they sent this piece to me. With the quiz, I noted that I don't wear dainty pieces, nor did I pick out a single dainty piece from their collection. Also, this does not go with the statement necklace at all. I don't know why they said they curated a box around this necklace, because for jewelry experts, they have to know these pieces don't work together. I think that infinity sign is cliche and too every girl ever for me. I don't want to be seen wearing something that is the most popular valentines gift for the past few years. I most definitely prefer jewelry items that make a statement and stand out. I am not interested in this item at all. 


Overall, I am not happy with this subscription box. It took way to long for the box to get to me while on my subscription time, the only item I liked is the item I picked out for myself, and the reward spend expired too quickly while the pieces are too expensive for me to purchase for full price. I am glad that this was a free trial, because I would have been really bummed to have waisted money to rent only one piece I wore for one day. This box would cost $137, which would be worth the $19 monthly rental if I liked all the pieces and if I were able to wear them the entire month, not two weeks. 


This is just not the box for me, but it may be the subscription box that you've been waiting for. If you would like to try Rocksbox for yourself, just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment