Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Target Beauty Box Spring 2015 Review

Target Beauty Box is a seasonal box that goes on sale for $5 only four times a year and has a value of much more than $30. This is the first Target Box that I've been able to purchase, because they sell out within hours of going on sale. I've looked at reviews from their boxes in the past, and they are full of value and items that I would love to try. Plus, these are all items that I are available at Target, so if I fall in love with any product it is easily assessable. 


Each box comes with a item card describing each item. I like these cards, because it fully explains each product, how to use, and how it can enhance your everyday beauty routine. It doesn't list out prices, but those are easy enough to look up on my own. This box only has five products, which is quite a bit less from boxes in the past, but past boxes have cost more, so at least they lowered the price. I hope that I fall in love with some of these items and that they go along with the spring season. 


Maybelline Color Elixir By Color Sensational Lipcolor in Rose Redefined

$5.49 - .17 fl oz

I wasn't too excited about this lip color when I first opened my box, but after using I have become a fan. The color in the bottle is a little matronly, but on my lips it enhances my natural lip color. Also, this formula is very moisturizing and leaves only a light gloss. I hate sticky glosses that leave a plastic looking sheen across your lips, and this is definitely not that. It also smells really nice which is necessary, because you wear it right by your nose. The want is a little weird, and took me a few tries to get used to it, but now I've grown to like it. I am happy with this lip color and will definitely consider purchasing this in something a little more on trend. 


L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray

$13.99 - 3.4 fl oz

This is another full size item in the Target Beauty Box. I am not a heavy makeup wearer, but tend to pack more on when I go out for the night, and I definitely notice my makeup wearing off halfway through the night. I thought this would be an aerosol spray that left a light coverage, but it was a heavier spray that left light drops on my skin. After it dried, I did notice that my foundation and powder stayed on my face a little longer. It didn't work that well with mascara, though, so I did notice some flakes late in the night. I tend to go lighter with my makeup when the weather heats up, so I would have preferred this in a cold weather box, but at least this could help me from sweating all my makeup off. 


TRESemme TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray

$1.47 - 1.5 oz

This isn't a full size item, but this is a deluxe sample size that is available for purchase when you need a smaller version for your purse or carryon. I am not too thrilled about this item. First, this is a brand and a product that I am sure everyone has already tried. TRESemme has been making hairspray for years and I've already owned a few of their hair products. Second, I don't really wear hairspray-only on rare occasions, such as weddings or New Years Eve. I tried this out and it was a little sticky at first and then crunchy after it dried. This product wasn't too remarkable for me, but at least it is small and I can throw it in my weekend bag for those big events. And believe me, I already have six weddings to go to this summer. 


SheaMoisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Shampoo

$9.89 - 13 fl oz       

This is the first true sample from this season's Target Beauty Box, but it is a large enough sample to get quite a few uses out of it so you can really get a sense of the product. This is finally a brand that I've never seen / used before, so I am excited to try out the sample. First off, I love how this shampoo smells. It reminds me of my childhood for some reason. I also notice that this is full of natural ingredients and doesn't contain a lot of chemicals that can be found in your common shampoo. I like the medium lather and how little you have to use to cover your entire head. It left my hair noticeably softer and shinier. The smell stayed with me all day, too. I might actually purchase the full size item despite the price. 


Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream for Extra-Dry Skin

$17.99 - 1.7 fl oz       

I am a big moisturizer. I apply lotion over my entire body after every shower and have a dozen face lotions. Also, I am already a big fan of Neutrogena and their products. This claims to be a gel, but it came out looking almost like lotion. I spread this completely over my freshly cleansed face, and it worked pretty well. It completely moisturized my skin, but on the other hand, it wasn't super moisturizing. I would prefer to use my thick night cream for super dry days. Also, this sample is pretty small. I had to use quite a bit, because the gel lotion didn't go very far. I will definitely use this entire sample, but I will not be purchasing the full size item. I wish this box sampled the eye cream, because that is something I would be more interested in. I do like that the light formula works well with spring. 


After waiting and waiting and waiting for this box to go on sale, I am a little disappointed with the overall box. Boxes in the past have included many more items, and products that I would have more likely used. One the other hand, this box is defiantly worth it's cost. I estimate this box to be worth $33.49, and that is going off of Target's prices. For only paying $5 for this box with free shipping, it is worth the value. Target promised a $38 value, but maybe they are going off the retailers price before Target's discounts. I will be keeping my eyes out for the next season's box. It looks like Target is still trying to figure out the best way to do these, and I hope with many comments that there will be improvements. 


Target Beauty Box comes around only four times a year, and without much notice before they go on sale, they also sell out within hours. I bought mine 8 o'clock in the morning the day they went on sale to secure mine. In order to secure your summer box, I would start checking their website daily for the box to go on sale right after the season change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment