Monday, April 20, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box Spring 2015 Review

My Walmart Beauty Box for spring has arrived, and I am excited to see what is inside. Walmart Beauty Box is a seasonal subscription box for $5 each full of beauty samples and full size items. It is full of affordable drugstore items, which are also nice to also sample along with the high end beauty items. I did look at some spoilers, but because they are all a little different, I have no idea what is coming in my box.  


The inside box is nicely lined with tissue paper and they all come with a card. Every time my box arrives to me, it is in a state of despair. I know that isn't their fault, because this happens while shipping, but it is a little annoying. The card also doesn't give you any information on the products. I guess they are all self explanatory, but I would like them to be listed out with prices.  



Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes

$4.49 - 25 sheets    

I already own a few items from the simple brand, as of recent, I have been using facial wipes all the time. They are perfect for after the gym when you can't shower right away, or to use as a quick shower at night to wipe off all that makeup. I am all about the natural ingredients inside this product, because no one wants to put a bunch of chemicals on their face. These left my face clean and feeling refreshed. Some cleansing clothes leave a film on your face, but these left my face feeling completely bare. It didn't get the hard makeup off, but nothing I've ever tried were able to tackle that. I will definitely be buying the full size pack the next time I make it to the store. 


Schwarzkopf Essence Ultimate Omega Repair & Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner 

$6.97 - 13.5 fl oz each     

I have never heard of this brand before, and I am always shopping in the drugstore shampoo isle. These are larger shampoo and conditioner samples so I will be able to use them a few times. The shampoo has a light lather, which makes me believe it is better for your hair. All the nice shampoos have a light lather. The conditioner didn't leave my hair as soft as I would have hoped, and it was very hard to comb right out of the shower. The scent is nice and stayed with my hair for a long time. It kind of reminds me of the smell that is left in your hair after a hair dye, so I wonder what other people thought about it, but otherwise I liked the smell. I don't think I will buy this full size item, but I was happy to try out the sample. 


Dove Go Fresh Revitalize Body Wash

$5.47 - 22 fl oz     

The Dove brand is a constant in my household. I have used their deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. I have yet to use this particular body wash before, and I was excited to see what could be different about this particular one. This body wash was light, which is perfect for spring, and has a nice citrus smell. This would be the ideal body wash to use in the morning to both wake yourself up, but start the day on a happy note. It lathers up nicely and I felt completely clean after using. The best part, it didn't dry out my skin. This body wash is a winner. Too bad the sample will only get me a few uses. 


Lady Gaga Fame Eau De Parfum Spray

$30.88 - 1.7 oz       

I have been looking for my next perfume for a while, so I actually like receiving these small samples in my subscription boxes. They really give you a good idea of how it balances with your body's chemicals, what and where the best times for this perfume to be worn, and how well it lasts. I wore this on a typical day of work. This flowery scent had darker notes of incense, which didn't go well with daytime wear. I also though it smelled a little cheap. I could see myself wearing this for a night out at a gin bar or to a burlesque show.  Other than that, I don't really see myself wearing this scent. I will definitely use up the sample, but I will not be purchasing the full size bottle. 


Nivea Nourishing In-Shower Body Lotion

$5.92 - 13.5 fl oz            

I have super itchy skin, and I literally spend at least 10 minutes after every shower applying lotion. I didn't think this would be too great, and I didn't really expect it to work. I was super surprised. This left my skin feeling just as moisturized as it would spending those 10 minutes, but in a tenth of the time. I still had to reapply to those super dry spots such as my feet and elbows. This sample was super small, though, and I only got one and a half uses out of this. I guess it is enough to know that I do want to buy this full size item. I would rather have had this in my winter box though. 


Maybelline New York Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation

$5.94 - 1 fl oz

I love using foundation, because I have a lot of flaws to hide. I usually just use a powder because it is much quicker and hides all the grease on my face, but it doesn't always do the trick. This foundation did a great job of hiding all my pores, wrinkles, and red spots. I will definitely consider buying the full size product. I am a lot disappointed with this sample size. It was barely enough for one use. Plus, this is something I would normally receive in a magazine for FREE.


Along with all the samples, the box was full of manufacture coupons. They totaled up to $12. That is great if you plan on buying all the full size products, but if you didn't care for any of them, these are a waste. I look at it that you have to spend more money to save money. I am not too happy about that,because I already spent money on this box. I also always forget to use coupons. I will try to remember these in order to make my box worth it's cost. 


Without the coupons, I estimate this box to be worth $4.49. That is less than I paid. Kinda of rip off. My last box had TWO full size items. This box had ZERO. I think they went over the top to hook me with my first box. I am going to try one more before I cancel my subscription, so they better do something better next time. Also this is a spring box, and only two of the items were fit for spring. I would rather have items that go along with the season. What's the point of having a seasonal box otherwise.    


If you would like to try Walmart Beauty Box, just click here. It costs only $5 every season, so it only costs $20 a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment