Monday, April 20, 2015

Ipsy Glambag April 2015 Review - Beautifully Bohemian

My Ipsy Glambag has arrived for the month of April. I've been looking at a few spoilers so I knew the theme along with the design of the makeup bag. I also knew some of the items that would be coming this month. A few people received the Juice face peel and I am crossing my fingers this product made it's way into my bag. While the value has been great, I haven't been in love with a lot of the products lately, so I hope this month will turn it all around. I've been waiting for a great bag for a while now. 


The theme is usually a straight hit or miss for me. They are either too girly or right up my alley. This theme is perfect for me. I love natural elements brought into makeup and design and I've always been a little bit of a hippie at heart. Also, this bag is great. I love the pattern and this bag actually has texture unlike the many plastic bags I've received in the past. They used actual straw mixed with other mediums. I will pull this bag out first to use all spring and summer. 


At first glance, I see that I did not receive the Juice face peel. I am a little bummed, but I have to give these other products a fair chance. Another disappointment, these items seem small and there's not a whole lot of them. I will have to check these out each on their own, but as a first impression this bag doesn't seem like it could be worth a whole lot. I will have to see. 


JulieG Nail Color in Damsel 

$3.99 - .35 fl oz

I am not much of a nail polish wearer, and I am pretty sure that it declares this in my profile. That being said, I was pretty bummed to see this in my glambag. Also, this seems like a cheap brand. Probably something you could find in the drugstore. I tried this on my toes, and I don't actually hate it. The color doesn't go too well with my normal wardrobe, but with spring approaching, I will definitely be wearing more bright colors. The coat is pretty good too. I could go with only one application. Like I originally assumed, this is a cheap nail polish, but at least it is a full size item. This will definitely last me a while.  That being said, I just might purchase this polish in another color. 


Olive Natural Beauty Moisturizing Lip Balm in Oats & Honey

$5.95 - .07 oz             

I am constantly applying moisturizer on my lips, so this is a perfect item for me. I also love products with natural ingredients. I was hoping for some in this month's bag, because it would go with the theme. After my first impression, I really like this brand. It feels like a luxury item. Unfortunately, I am not in love with the flavor Oats & Honey. I hate honey and anything that smells like honey. I would have prefered another flavor, like Lavender & Lemon, but I can stand this flavor. Plus, this leaves my lips so soft, and I don't have to reapply as much as your everyday chap stick. I will definitely be using this until it is completely gone. Also, it's another full size item. 


theBalm Nude Dude Eyeshadow in Fit

$36.00 - .336 oz palette with brush      

I am already a big fan of theBalm products. I've received a few of their items in past subscription boxes and have adored each one. I've also recently seen it in a few department stores, so this has become an easier brand to buy. I am happy with the color I've received. It is a nice bronzy beige with a little shimmer. It has nice pigmentation, so the color in the palette is the color that appears on your eyes. I also am a big fan of the packaging. This strong paper case is super cute with a nice magnetic clasp. I also love the "nude" dudes. It makes this product so much more fun. I may just have to purchase the full palette. 




Pandora's Makeup Box Blush in Pink Carnation

$14.00 - .14 oz

I've been receiving blushes like crazy in recent subscription boxes, which is great because I've been looking for a new blush that will compliment my skin and my personality. With all these blushes coming, I've found two great blushes that I love and have been using regularly ever since. On that note, I wasn't too thrilled to receive this item, but after using it I changed my mind. I though it would be too pink for me, but it actually looks nice after it thins out on the apples of my cheeks. This is a full size item too, even though it doesn't appear to be. The normal product comes with a magnetic reusable case. I won't be using this all the time, but it will get used every once in a while. 


Mica Beauty Cosmetics Eye Primer

$44.95 - 8 g             

I wasn't sure what this item was at first. I was really hoping it was a concealer, because I use them regularly, and this would have been a huge sample. To my mild disappointment, this in an eye makeup primer. By spreading this over your eyes before makeup application, it will make makeup last much longer without wearing off. Not only that, but I fell like it made my eye makeup brighter and more vibrant. I've received a primer in the past, and while I liked it, I rarely use it. I will definitely try to use this more in the future, especially because it works so well. Even though this is a large sample, it is not a full size item. But, this is definitely a deluxe sample. It is half the size of the original product. This will last me a long time, so I will not be purchasing the item. It is also a little out of my price budget. 


Overall, I am not too happy with this bag. I will eventually use all of the products, but there isn't anything that I love. My favorite thing from this month's bag was the bag itself. One the plus side, three of the items in this bag are full size and one is a deluxe size item. Another plus, I estimate this month's bag to be worth $50.17. That is great for a $10 subscription. I have received bags in the past that I love, but unfortunately this month just doesn't hit the mark for me. I haven't received a bag that I absolutely love in a long while, so I hope that it is coming right around the corner.  


If you would like to try Ipsy Glambag for yourself, just click here. For only $10 a month you could be receiving a bag full of beauty samples and full size items right to your door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment