Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Dollar Shave Club Review - Box 1

I finally caved and subscribed to Dollar Shave Club for my boyfriend (and myself-why lie!). I got the first box right before Valentine's Day, so I made it into a gift. Dollar Shave Club is a monthly subscription box for everything shaving. For as little as $1 (plus $2 shipping) you could have 5 shaving cartridges sent to your door each month. Plus, the first month comes with a free handle. Shaving has become so expensive, and this monthly subscription is an easy, cheap, reminder free way to keep your skin hairless. 


My boyfriend grown a beard so fast, and has to keep it clean for work, but he is always out of razors. I've been shopping for razors with him before and it was impossible. They were behind locked glass and cost close to $40. That is way too expensive in my opinion. Dollar Shave Club works great, because the razors are high quality and cheap. Plus, they come every month without having to do anything. Each box comes with a card that describes the products and how to use. I think it is all self explanatory, but these item cards are always nice to have. 


The Executive

$9.00 - 4 cartridges a month

I purchased the Executive razors for my boyfriend. The club allows you to pick one of three razors. The Humble Twin, which is $3 a month and contains two blades and 5 cartridges, The 4X, which is $6 a month and contains 4 blades and 4 cartridges, or The Executive, which is $9 a month with 6 blades and 4 cartridges. I went with The Executive, because it was a gift, and I only want to give the best, but I would be happy with The 4X for myself. It is a great blade at a great price. For the first month, the handle is free, and can be purchased for a few bucks if lost or if you want to share your subscription. My boyfriend loves The Executive and got a really nice close shave. These blades will last a few shaves, so these four blades will easily last him longer than one month. That isn't a problem, because you can always put your subscription on hold. 


Dr. Carver's Shave Butter

$8.00 - 6 oz

Along with the razors, you can opt to add extras with your shipment. This is a one time purchase which is a plus and a negative. If you love it, you have to go back online and add it to your shipment every time you would like to purchase it again. On the positive side, this won't run out monthly, if you are anything like my boyfriend, so you won't have to delete it from your shipment, and you can just it into your shipment whenever you run out. Plus, if you don't like it, you won't ever have to purchase it again, and you do absolutely nothing about it. My boyfriend really liked this butter. You rub it on your face like shave cream before shaving and it helps prevent ingrown hairs and razor bumps. Plus, it softens up your hair, so it doesn't hurt to shave it all away. 


Dr. Carver's Post Shave

$9.00 - 3.4 fl oz 

This is another extra that you can purchase with each subscription. This aftershave is soothing, calming, and hydrating. Plus, it fights the aging process. I feel like all guys need an aftershave, if they think so or not. Boys tend not to care much about their dry or red face, so I figured if I bought this for my boyfriend, he would at least use it. I like the way it smells, and my boyfriend likes how it leaves his face moisturized. This also will last him forever, so the monthly addition to the subscription is not necessary. There is one more extra, which are moist buttwipes. I thought this wouldn't be a romantic gift, so I opted out of these, but they only cost $4 for 40 wipes. Plus, they have a peppermint scent. 


This is my first box with Dollar Shave Club and I couldn't be happier. All the products were great quality, while still being very affordable. Also, I like the design and packaging of all the products. My subscription is currently on hold, but that is only because he hasn't used up any of the items. When he needs me to reactivate his subscription, I am going to get some for myself. I paid $26 for this box, which is a great deal. With the razors alone, this box would have only cost me $9. 


If you would like to try Dollar Shave Club for yourself, just click here. For as little as $3 a month, you could get fresh razors sent to your door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment