Saturday, February 20, 2016

Birchbox February 2016 Review - What's the Occasion?

Yaaasss! My Birchbox has arrived for the month of February, and while I don't know what is inside, I know it is going to be great. Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that offers at least five beauty samples with some full size items that is specially curated for you for only $10 a month. Birchbox doesn't always have the most value or the most full size items, but I do think that it has the best mix of samples that are perfect for me, and I've found so many staples that are now regulars in my beauty routine. 


This box is really cute, but it isn't one of my favorites. The pink, arrows, and jewelry are perfect for Valentine's Day, which I am guessing is the theme. I like the symmetry of this box, but it is a little too cutsie for me. On the other hand, these boxes are really fun to collect, and I've kept them all ever since they've been decorating them. Some of them I keep on shelves, but I mostly keep them in a cupboard and use them to organize all my samples. What better way to use a Birchbox, right?


This month's theme is What's the Occassion? These month's samples are focused around using special products for those special occasions in your life. This could be a wedding (maybe your own), Valentine's Day, or your Birthday. I am really excited about these products, because I love to treat myself, but I already tend to save my favorite samples for those special occasions. Hopefully, there will be some of those samples that I love so much that I only use on special occasions, but I also hope there are some that I can use on a regular basis too. 



$14.00 - 0.14 oz    (Full Size!)

This was my selected sample choice for this month, and I am super excited to try it out. This lip balm takes the pH of your skin and create a color on your lips that is uniquely your own. This is very hydrating, and it makes my lips a nice medium pink. I really like lip color, but it always drys them out, and the lip color ends up looking cracked and flaky. By using a moisturizing lip color, both of those problems are solved, and I still get to wear some color. Also, since it is a color you create with your own pH, the color is perfect for you. I absolutely love this product, and I am so glad I choose this as my sample.


BORGHESE Fango Purificante Clay Cleanser

$30.00 - 3.5 oz    ($8.57 Value)

I am a huge fan of clay masks, but this clay facial treatment is a cleanser that you can use daily instead of weekly. This will draw out impurities and clean skin leaving your skin soothed. I didn't really know what to expect when trying this out, but it lathered a little, just like any cleanser. It did feel like I was rubbing a mask all over my face at first, but the cleanser properties came out pretty quickly. This left my skin refreshed and clean like a cleanser, but also purified and soothed like a clay mask. I really liked this product, and I am glad that I was able to sample it in this month's box. This is a great product to use for special occasions, or just everyday. 




$8.50 - 0.5 oz    ($4.25 Value)

I am usually not the biggest fan of nail polish in my subscription boxes, because it is something I rarely wear, but recently I've been painting my nails more often. I tried this out on my toe nails, and the color came out to be more like a candy apple red. It took about two coats, but you could do one if you want to have more of a red icing. This is lasting pretty long, and has yet to chip. I really like this color for Valentine's Day, or really any day. It is a beautiful red that would work well for the holidays, a date night, or to match your bathing suit in the summer. This small bottle will never run out either, so I won't have to purchase the full size item. 



$40.00 - 500 ml    ($1.20 Value)

While this is a really small sample, I was still able to get about two uses out of it. I am really impressed with this smell, and it stayed with my hair all day. To use this product, you apply it to towel dried hair and leave in for at least 3 minutes. I did this in the shower and just rung out my hair to dry it out a little. This mask is full of argan oil, fatty acids, vitamin E, and tree tea oil to add softness and shine. I did notice that my hair was super soft, but I didn't notice any additional shine. I really enjoyed this product, and I think it was great for my hair, but it wasn't great enough to spend $40 on the full size product. I would definitely recommend using this before any special occasion to make your hair soft and smooth. 



$80.00 - 1.7 oz    ($2.82 Value)

I think that perfume is the best way to make yourself feel great and ready for a special night out, so this is a great sample for this month. This perfume is both fruity and floral with touches of vanilla and patchouli. This is a romantic scent, which is perfect for Valentine's Day, or any romantic date to follow. I could also see myself wearing this to an intimate wedding or even a dinner on the beach. This is a nice perfume, and I really like it. I know that many people don't enjoy perfume samples, but I think it is a great way to mix up your scents for the occasion, and it is also a great way to find one you love. 

Overall, I am really happy with this month's box, but really, I am rarely not happy with my Birchbox. I am in love with that lip balm, and that clay cleanser is the best. I am really happy with that nail polish, perfume and hair mask. I do wish the hair mask were larger, but I guess I can just save it for special occasions like the theme recommends. This box has a value of $30.84. That is pretty great, and pretty common for Birchbox. You only spend $10 on the curated box, so any value outside of that is great, but it is most important that you love the items inside, which I normally always do. 


If you would like to try Birchbox for yourself, just click here. It is a great gift for your friend, family member, or even yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment