Saturday, February 20, 2016

BoxyCharm February 2016 Review - Rush to Relax

Yeah! My BoxyCharm has arrived for the month of February, and I can't wait to see what goodies this month has in store for me. BoxyCharm is a monthly subscription box that delivers at least four full size items for the price of $21. It tends to always have a value of over $100, which is absolutely crazy, and I don't understand how they do it. This is quickly becoming my favorite box to receive every month, because the products, value, and themes are always on point. I can't wait to see what this month is going to deliver. I hope it is full of romantic and lovely items. 


The theme for list month's box is Rush to Relax. I can totally relate to this. Whether I am at work, running errands, or cleaning the house, I am always hoping it is over so I can just be home and do my own thing. I think it is important to spend sometime on yourself, and why not hurry up and get everything done so you can spend more time on things you enjoy. This card says from stilettos to slippers, so I hope these items will be products that I can use for a spa night in, or even items to speed up my makeup routine. 



OFRA Cosmetics Pressed Banana Powder

$12.00 - 4 g    (Full Size!)



This product is pretty interesting to me. With a light banana scent, this powder can be used to cover under eye darkness, as an all over setting powder, or as a matte eye shadow. I don't think I will be using this as a eyeshadow, but I do love it as an under eye concealer and setting powder. It doesn't fully cover my dark circles, but it does mask them quite a bit. I really like this powder, and it does a great job of concealing my pinkish tones. Plus, I love bananas, so the scent is perfect. This product is held in a paper container, and it is used to throw in your magnetic palette, which is great if you have one, but unfortunately, I don't. So, this will just be hanging out in the paper packaging until it is gone. Otherwise, great product, and great addition to this month's box. 

Shray Ms. Amazing Moisturizing Facial Mask

$12.00 - 1 mask    (Full Size!)


Sheet masks are everywhere lately, and I have been receiving them in my subscription boxes left and right. This one in particular is to help moisturize, but will help cure rugged and dull skin. To make it work best, apply this to clean skin and leave on for at least 10 minutes. Like all masks, you don't rinse off the product after taking off the mask, but instead rub it into your face and let it continue to work. This one will set like a moisturizer, but also makes a great makeup primer. I would normally use a sheet mask during a night in and right before bed, but this would be the perfect one to use before a special occasion, such as Valentine's Day. I will probably hold onto this for when my face needs an extra splash of moisture and is looking a little dull. 


Spongelle You Have My Heart on a String Body Wash Buffer + Polish

$15.00 - 3 oz    (Full Size!)


I was so excited to see this item in this month's box, because I've had one before, and I absolutely loved it. This sponge is infused with body wash so you just get it wet and and the body wash releases as you use it. I also like this product, because it has a buffer side to help clean away dead and dull skin. This scent is much sweeter than my last one, which is perfect for Valentine's Day, and it reminds me of a luxurious spa. This is supposed to last for 14 plus uses, but my last one lasted me a couple of month's, so you can really get a lot of use from it. Again, I love this product, and I hope this isn't the last time I receive one. 


Beauty for Real Blush + Glo Blush and Highlighter Duo in Coral Crush + Hi Beam

$24.00 - 9 g    (Full Size!)


This duo stick has a highlighter on one end and blush on another to create the perfect contouring multi-use beauty product. This cream formula also provides anti-aging benefits. The coral blush is a little mauve for me, but it is a natural color. I like that you can wear this on your cheeks, lips, eyes, or to contour your body. The highlighter is more of a bronzer on my skin. It is actually darker than my skin tone, so I could actually use it on the dark contours, but because it is so shimmery, it doesn't look very natural. The product itself is very nice, and it does a great job of blending and lasting, but those colors aren't great for my skin tone. I would like to try some of their other items. 


Realtree for Her Travel Sprayer

$12.99 - 10 ml    (Full Size!)



I really enjoy receiving perfume in my subscription boxes, especially deluxe samples, but that is only if I really like the scent. I believe this brand is marketed for the outdoorsy, hunting type girl, which isn't me, but I am also no a huge fan of the scent. It has notes of pomegranate, persimmon, and orchids, but it reminds me of a cheap body spray that I used to own as a child. I really wish I enjoyed it, because it is the perfect size for travel and to use up before it's table life expires, but unfortunately, the scent just isn't for me. 

Freeze 24-7 Anti Aging Eye Serum 

$115.00 - 0.5 oz    ($58.00 Value)


This sample size product is still worth double the cost of this box, which is insane. This box normally sends out full size items, but since it has such a high value, and eye serum lasts forever, I am alight with this travel size. This serum takes care of fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness. This does create a small film, which I don't love, but I am surprised by the results. The dark under my eyes has practically disappeared with one use, and I've also noticed other small improvements. Again, you can wear this underneath makeup, which isn't always the case with eye serums. I like that, because then I can apply it during the morning when I get ready, and not forget or be too tired to do it at night. This does work wonders, and I will definitely use it until it's gone. 


Overall, I am pretty happy with this month's box. I love the sponge, banana powder, sheet mask, and eye serum. I really wish the blush and highlighter duo stick worked for me, because I really like that product and brand. The only thing that I'm really not excited about in this month's box is the perfume, but that is just because the scent isn't for me. Overall, this box has a value of $133.99. I know I say this every time, but that is insane. 


If you would like to try BoxyCharm for yourself, just click here. It is a great gift for anyone, including yourself, and it is a great way to build your makeup collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment