Thursday, February 25, 2016

Ipsy Glam Bag February 2016 Review - Pretty in #IPSYPINK

My Ipsy Glam Bag has arrived for the month of February, and this is one of my favorite month's to receive subscription boxes. Since February is such a girly month, I am happy to receive these types of items, but they are can also prepare me for the biggest date night of the year. Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that offers at least five sample size and full size items delivered to your door in a makeup bag for only $10 a month. It also tends to always a have a great value. I can't wait to see what Ipsy has in store for me this month. 


This month's theme is Pretty in #IpsyPink. I really don't love that they use hashtags in the theme, because it is just to get their posts up. I like that the theme is about one of my favorite colors, pink, and I really hope their are a lot of pink items inside. I really do like the movie, and this theme is making me want to watch it once again. I don't really like this makeup bag, unfortunately. It is really cute, but just not my style. It is textured on one side and smooth on the other, which makes me think this one is higher quality. I will throw  this one in with the rest of hand it off to one of my friends. 



Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in I'm Kind of a Big Deal

$15.00 - 0.57 fl oz    (Full Size!)



Out of all the nail polish brands in the whole world, Trust Fund is my absolute favorite. I really like the branding, the colors are great, and it is also high quality. When I saw the box, I was really excited to reveal the color, and I am pretty happy with this one. It is a ballerina pink with a touch of purple. I think this is a great color for the month of love, yet it isn't the same red or pink that you have a million bottles of. I really like this color for my fingers or toes, and adds a warm touch to my winter clothes. This is a great addition to this month's box, and it also goes perfectly with the theme. Let's not forget to mention that it is a full size item.  


Dr. Brandt PoreDermabrasion

$58.00 - 2 oz    ($7.25 oz Value)


I am always thrilled receiving Dr. Brandt products in my subscription boxes, because they are high end, high value products that always work really well. This facial cleanser has tiny scrubbing granules that get deep into the pores and also rid your face of any dead skin that is dulling your complexion. I think this product did a really great job of cleaning my face and getting deep inside my pores. It is a little rough on my skin, so you should definitely follow the recommended use of only once every three days. This is a pretty good sized sample, and I will definitely get quite a few uses out of it before it's gone. This has absolutely nothing to do with the theme, but I am happy it was included in this month's bag.     

Margaret Dabbs London Miniature Crystal Nail File

$12.00    (Full Size!)



I wouldn't normally be too excited about receiving a nail file in a subscription box, but this one is something absolutely new for me. It is made out of glass, so it leaves a smoother, softer finish without tearing your finger nails apart or damaging them. This is a miniature to their full size, but really, it is the perfect size for me. I can throw this in my purse or overnight bag without it taking up much space. I am also really impressed on how well this worked. I started with pretty jagged nails, and this left them perfectly rounded and super soft and smooth. I really like this addition, and I will be using it many times to come. 

BellaPierre Cosmetics Mineral Blush in Desert Rose

$45.00 - 0.32 oz    ($28.13 Value)


I am either a huge fan or not in love with the Bellapierre products I've received in the past. When I don't particularly love them, though, it is normally because it is a product that I wouldn't really use or a color that doesn't go well with my skin or my style. This, fortunately, is a product that I absolutely love. The pinkish, mauve looks great and natural on my skin. The mineral powder rests well, and it blends perfectly, making sure it doesn't create the clown effect. This is a more expensive item, and I can completely understand why. Also, this product is almost the size of the full item, so it will last forever. What a great item to receive in this month's bag. It is perfectly pink and ready for February. 


theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer

$24.00 - 0.3 oz    ($1.60 Value)


This month's bag is full of star brands. Dr. Brandt, Bellapierre, Trust Fund, and now, theBalm. I've seen this product popping up in so many people's subscription boxes, and I've always wanted to give it a try. This manizer acts as a highlighter, eye shadow, or powder for anywhere that you need shimmer. I really like this powder, and for me, it is the best highlighter. Most of the highlighters I own are creams, and they aren't as easy to use. Most of my other products are powders, so it just makes sense that my highlighter is the same way. I could also see myself using this as an eye shadow for those times that I want to keep my makeup light. This is a great sample, and I will use every little drop or speckle. 


This is one of the best Ipsy bags I've ever received. I love every single product. That nail polish is perfect, the highlighter is that product I've been waiting for, the pore dermabrasion works really well, and the blush blends perfectly. Also, I really like that nail file. There isn't one item that I don't love. This is a first for my Ipsy bag. To top the cake, this has a value of $63.98, and that doesn't even include the value of the makeup bag. That is a really high value for a $10 bag. I guess I can say that the only thing I don't love is the makeup bag itself, but I will still be able to use it for travel.  


If you would like to try Ipsy for yourself, just click here. It is a great way to treat a friend, relative, or even yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment